- As low as $212/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Bed & breakfast
- Approximately 500 square feet
This masterfully refreshed opulent king suite is in a historic 1852 B&B in the heart of downtown. The Ashley is a gorgeous, bright home where you can savor mingling in shared areas and calming in your private king suite. With so many historical sites close by, you’ll savor exploring town with the complimentary bicycles at your leisure.
7 Min Drive to historic sites
22 Min Drive to Magnolia Plantation & Gardens
26 Min Drive to Middleton Place
Feel Charleston With Us & Learn More Below!
1 bedroom w/ a comfortable king-sized bed
1 private bathroom w/ a rainshower head
Cozy grandiose room w/ fireplace
Semi-private sunny veranda
Speedy WiFi + flat-screen TV
Free grab-n-go breakfast served daily in the common lounge area
City guide books + informational intelligent tablets
Here Are A Few Kind Words From Our Past Guests:
“...the communication with the hosts was outstanding they checked in on us.” - Danny
“Josh is very communicative and made it painless to figure out our travel plans.” - Laura
“Joshua was a fantastic host with great and timely communication prior to our arrival and during our stay. He also quickly helped us when we unexpectedly needed to change our dates” - Amy
Bedroom & Bathroom
The suites of The Ashley are bright and airy, featuring extravagant finishes and alluring town vistas from the second floor. A comfortable queen-size bed is appointed to the suite, along with a flat-screen TV with cable for you to appreciate during your time spent inside. There are private appliances for your use including a mini-refrigerator and Nespresso coffee maker with coffee and local teas.. Rooms come entirely equipped with all you need for your stay, and personal informational guide books are at your disposal to help you navigate the city and enjoy the local lifestyle. Each suite has a private bathroom and is supplied with the essentials, including plush towels, shampoo, and a hair dryer.
The Ashley is a historic home (circa 1852) that definitely oozes southern appeal. The sizable windows let plenty of sunlight stream into the cavernous common areas. You can enjoy the impeccably decorated lounges in the huge room, where you’ll find a flat-screen TV with cable. There are additional appliances for your use, including a mini-refrigerator, hot water kettle, and Nespresso coffee maker.
The elegant veranda area on the second floor is the ideal place to sip your tea or coffee while relaxing on the comfortable outdoor furnishings and people watching. For some invigorating greenery, you can also enjoy the seating area in the garden.
With so many historical sites close by, you’ll have no shortage of things to do. A fun and convenient way to discover the town are the complimentary bicycles available for guest use. Some historical features to note within cycling distance are McLeod Plantation Historic Site, Nathaniel Russell House, Old Exchange, Provost Dungeon, and Battery & White Point Gardens. Information and recommendations are included in the guide books, and intelligent tablets in your room.
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 2 packs of coffee and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are numerous convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
Book Today & Let Us Take Care Of You In Charleston!
This unit is completely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2022-02711
Guests of this beautiful historic property have access to all of the common area amenities, including the mini-refrigerator, tea and coffee station, and TV. You can enjoy mingling with other guests on the enormous veranda, or hop on a bicycle and discover the surrounding area. Breakfast is served daily in the roomy common lounge on the first floor.
Please note that this property is not currently ADA accessible. Entering any common room or guest room at the Inn will require the ability to climb stairs without ramp access. There is not an elevator present at the property.
You will get a code before arrival for convenient check-in and passage. There is parking for a single car on a first come first serve basis. Larger cars can have parking organized on request.
What do we adore about this neighborhood? Everything!
Each home is unique. The culinary scene for which the Charleston has become so famed is just steps away. Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, The Ordinary, Chez Nous, Cannon Green, Stars, and Fuel (from Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) are all just around the corner - among countless others. The fantastic eateries and nightlife of Upper King Street are close enough to walk but far enough to not keep you up all nighttime.
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we appreciate the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 10pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please stay inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for numerous years. You will appreciate everything our striking historic city has to offer, especially the Southern hospitality in which our residents take such great pride. Don't be surprised if you end up wanting to move here!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this bed & breakfast is in the city center. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Strategies for getting the perfect Charleston area rental home experience:
Finding your perfect rental home:
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Booking in Fall or Spring is a good way to save on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable homes. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies often offer renters an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines which will include special deals, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Finding the perfect vacation rental in Charleston:
- Select vacation week and maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Stylish Suite
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, email the property management company before you reserve the property. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to establish what configuration is optimal for your vacation.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Pet fees or could be applied to your contract.
- If there's a particular Charleston area destination you crave, search for homes that are either near by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking
Advice for a great stay:
- We recommend storing the owner's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property while you are out, just like you would back home.
- To ensure that damages aren't attributed to your stay, inspect the rental for any problem areas upon check in. text the host immediately to document your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often times, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- When it's time to leave, complete a final walk-through to make sure you have not forget anything. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a wonderful vacation? Many rental management companies make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or host was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles