- As low as $176/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Balcony or patio
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- Laundry detergent
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking includes off-street options
- Paper towels
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1466 sq ft (136 sq m)
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1466 square feet
Looking for an painless hideaway? Come relax & relax on the lounge couch on our screened porch and spend the day watching the dolphins, sailboats, birds & kayakers on the Folly River! Serenity is a elegantly decorated two bedroom condo with palmetto tree-lined river vistas of the Folly River from the living room, master bedroom and the huge screened porch. The recent remodel removed the fireplace and replaced it with wall to wall glass doors leading to expanded river vistas! Guests of this enchanting home are invited to savor the Mariner's Cay community pool, tennis courts, pavilion with picnic tables and crabbing dock. Take a walk across the bridge and you are right on Folly Beach's Center Street commercial district and 1/2 mile from the Atlantic Ocean beach!
Folly Beach License #LIC005995
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS FOR SERENITY (sleeps 6):
- King bed
- Nighttime stands with reading lamps
- Ceiling fan
- Freshly modernized en suite bathroom with tiled, walk-in shower
- Vistas of Folly River
- Access to Screened Porch
- King bed
- Nighttime stand with reading lamps
- Ceiling fan
An electronic, queen-sized inflatable air bed is available.
- Entirely-equipped kitchen with range, refrigerator, coffee maker, dishwasher, microwave, garbage disposal & more!
- Indoor & outdoor dining tables that each seat 4-6 people
- Stunning vistas of the Folly River from the sizable screened porch & living room
- Electric BBQ grille and huge lounge couch on the screened porch
- Community pool with deck chairs, outdoor shower & private bathrooms (Pool closes each year from September through April - we do not control the dates or hours of operation)
- Community tennis courts & crabbing/fishing dock
- Free WIFI
- Intelligent TV in the living room
- Non-Smoking, please! This is a family friendly property.
- No family pets!
COMMUNITY POOL IS EXPECTED TO OPEN FOR GUESTS APRIL 1ST. SUBJECT TO MAINTENANCE AND OTHER CLOSURES.
Ideal for those attending Charleston Weddings, College of Charleston or Citadel orientation or graduation, or just a fun week in the # 1 city in the world!
Guests enter Serenity by walking up the exterior stairs from the parking lot to the first floor condo. Once you enter the home, you will find a enormous, well-outfitted kitchen; a dining area that comfortably seats 4 people; and a living room double-door access to the screened porch. The bedrooms and bathrooms are located on the other side of the kitchen & living room areas. Off-street parking on the driveway for up to 2 cars is included in the rental rate.
Just 15 miles from downtown Charleston, Folly Beach is its own universe - with its own sense of time, enjoyment, and a laid back, friendly energy that has earned it the lifelong affection of locals and visitors alike. Its wide beaches, solid surfing, eclectic neighborhoods, and community of locally-owned eateries and stores make it the ideal place in which to revel, relax, and reconnect.
- For TV apps personal subscription required.
Tenant must be 25 years old. NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ACCEPTED AT ANY TIME. You may not exceed the max. occupancy at any time — day or nighttime. These are causes for eviction with no refund, and may damage our ability to offer the home for future guests exposing you to liability. This is a residential home -- please be respectful of our neighbors.
Guests staying at all ITrip Charleston managed properties receive the following:
* Amenity pack, starter set of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, make up wipes, paper towel, toilet paper, dish soap, sponge, dishwasher & laundry detergent tabs.
* All beds ready made with freshly laundered sheets & towels.
# WE DO NOT LIST ON CRAIGS LIST #
About the Area
This condo is located in Folly Beach. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Harbor View Shopping Center and Upper King Design District. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the perfect vacation home experience:
Find your perfect vacation home:
- Summertime is the most expensive season in coastal SC. To get the best value, change your group's vacation to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer warm temperatures, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some owners offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your group before you book.
- Booking websites typically offer renters an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides which often include special offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Choose a designated group leader, choose your vacation dates, and choose a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group requires. Relax in our Screened Porch at this Renovated Riverside Condo! Expansive River Views has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed types is generally accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, reach out to the property management company before booking the vacation home. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Visiting for a specific attraction? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you must reserve a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Usually, hosts charge additional pet fees.
Advice for a terrific stay:
- We recommend storing the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Note any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately contact the property manager. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be useful if damages are assessed.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are a great resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're out! Don't let thieves ruin your trip.
- At departure, take a final walk-through to confirm you have not leave anything behind. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental one final time and look for any damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the host is not available, ensure that you take photos of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a fantastic vacation? Most rental home management companies make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or host was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.