- As low as $244/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Limited housekeeping
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near laundromat
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
303 D Port O' Telephone
1 Full Bath
Totally refreshed top to bottom oceanfront penthouse with unobstructed vistas of the ocean, beach, pool, and lush property from EVERY room, including entry, screened porch, loft, and the private rooftop balcony. The dining room has vistas of the resort golf course.
Modern Chefs' kitchen with new cabinets, quartz countertops, appliances, cookery. Completely modernized bathroom with walk-in tile shower, quartz countertop, toilet. The washer/dryer, A/C, heat pump, water heater, (hot water booster so you do not run out of hot water) are all new. Three new sliding doors to the screened porch with patio furnishings to appreciate meals overlooking the beach. ALL furnishings are brand new and fresh including king sized bed, Casper bed, Couch, TV'S, etc. The spiral staircase leads you to our sleeping loft area with full sized futon providing a great private sleeping area for kids. In addition, your own private 4th floor balcony which provides a Birdseye view of the BEACH and impressive, lush property. The list goes on and on. An upsized luxury sectional couch that comfortably sleeps two rather than an uncomfortable sleeper couch bed.
Owners spared no expense updating and designer décor in this condominium.
Port O' Telephone is an oceanfront community located in Wild Dunes; an exclusive, gated resort located on Isle of Palms. Our guests have complimentary access to a private pool and grille for cooking out.
Elevator access as well as stairs to the entrance. A beach cart is supplied to bring your gear to the beach and pool. Multiple beach chairs, beach & pool toys for the kids.
Everything you need for a calming, comfortable, calming, and memorable vacation.
As an added additional, guests will savor the thoughtful amenities supplied for their comfort and convenience, including complimentary Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and a washer/dryer combo. For stays of 4-28 nights, guests are offered a $250 beach gear credit to be used for beach chairs, umbrella, or bicycles, making it painless to spend long days on the shore.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this condo is near the beach. Crabpot Players Theatre and Cinebarre Mount Pleasant are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Mount Pleasant Towne Centre and Mount Pleasant Square Shopping Center. Charleston Fishfinder Charters and Blackbeard's Cove Family Fun Park are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the optimal Charleston area vacation home experience:
When to book a Charleston area rental home & When to go:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Charleston area area. Reserve your Charleston area vacation in the Fall or Spring to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner your group can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best vacation homes are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation property six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Property management companies often offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Many rental management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guides which often include special offers, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to choose the best rental home:
- Select a group leader, select your vacation week, and choose a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. New Listing! Picturesque Ocean View Condo - $250 Beach Gear Avail has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly available on booking pages. If not, contact the host before you book the rental. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to determine what configuration is best for your vacation group.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? If so, use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Pet fees or costs may be applied to your invoice.
During your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Add a note with the directions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- Make a record of any issues with the property during check in, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are very helpful if a dispute arises.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Be respectful. Frequently, surrounding homes are filled by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the property to confirm you've collected all belongings. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, ensure that you take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on great reviews to inspire more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your feedback find their best rental home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.