- As low as $803/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (on request)
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 944 sq ft (88 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 944 square feet
*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. They take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
WHEREVER, WHENEVER! WE'RE ALWAYS HERE!
Savor your stay here at this striking boutique property blends modern lines with traditional architectural elements unique to Charleston, South Carolina. Approximately Square ft. - 944; Sleeps 6; Kitchen - 1 Full; Linens includes 1 King bed, 1 Queen bed, 1 Couch bed most comfortable for kids; Bath(s) - 2 Full; Laundry - None; Additional info - iron/ironing board
Additional amenities include: internet access (wi-fi), cable TV, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and iron/ironing board.
All our luxury resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is happy to do their best to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our best to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to luxury standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is required. Cash is not accepted. After purchase you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have supplied this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
The check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to King 583 is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively. Reminder for late check-in procedures: Telephone resort if arriving past 11 p.m.
Please note by purchasing this listing you agree that there may be a chance for an 'Upgrade' to your unit for a bigger unit that will fit the same amount of people, if this becomes available we will upgrade your room without question and complimentary of charge.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office hours are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at King 583, we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Limited on-site parking is $23 for owners and $38 for non-owners. Valet hours: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. One car per reservation. We cannot accommodate trailers, RVs, motorbikes or over sized cars. In case our garage is full, Charleston offers many public parking options. No shuttle service available. For our special needs guests: we are not able to extend complimentary parking on site. However, cars with handicap decals may be eligible for complimentary parking at local public garages.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family pets allowed. Subject to $300 fine.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this condo is in the city center. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the perfect Charleston area vacation rental experience:
When to book & When to go:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation homes are booked early. Reserving your vacation rental six to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- June, July, and August are high season in the Charleston area area. Book your Charleston area rental property in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons to get the benefit of gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Some owners offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if special offers are available for your family.
- Property management companies typically offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area area magazine upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local information, visitor guide magazines contain discounts for nearby accommodations and attractions.
How to choose the best rental home:
- Choose your vacation dates and budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Majestic King 583, 2 Bedroom Standard has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly available online. Otherwise, reach out to the host before you reserve the home. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches. You will need to establish which bed configuration is right for your trip.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and others do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the property manager about your furry family members before booking.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction or event? If so, use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
Some things to know before you go:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Add a note with the directions to your phone, and take a printed backup.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental home while you are out. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- During arrival, document any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the owner. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful visitors disrupting your peace and quiet. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Upon check-out, complete a final walk-through to make sure you didn't forget any personal items. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager is not available, take photographs of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave feedback! Property managers rely on good ratings to compel future reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your review find their best vacation rental. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 1.0 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.1 miles
Ready to book Majestic King 583, 2 Bedroom Standard?Book Online Get Information Call: