- As low as $396/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 434 sq ft (40 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
- Winery tours nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 434 square feet
The Lodge Alley Inn is set in a complex of restored 18th century homes around a roomy courtyard, fountain, and gardens. Each unit features elegant pine floors, thick Oriental rugs, and parlors with fireplaces. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride past stately homes and graceful gardens along cobblestone streets. Shop for antiques, savor lunch at a tavern dating back to the Revolution, or walk Waterfront Park, where the C
ivil War began. Savor complimentary afternoon sherry, then relax with an evening of fine food and jazz downtown. When the day is over, you can curl up in a tall four poster bed reminiscent of times gone by. This is a extravagant destination, rich in history and amenities. Free Wi-Fi available and computer in Parlor
The Spoleto Festival ( performing arts) is going on end of May till first week of June
Sleeps 4; partial Kitchen ; Linens includes 1 Queen bed or 2 full bed, 1 Couch bed most comfortable for 2 kids; Bath(s) - 1 Full; Laundry is in Common area; Additional info - Gas fireplace, stairs in some units
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. South Carolina Aquarium and Charleston Museum are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Charleston City Market and Rainbow Market Shopping Center. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
Pets not allowed
Charleston rental home tips:
Get the most from your spending budget:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Reserve your Charleston area rental property in the Fall or Spring to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property management companies frequently offer customers an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guide magazines have offers and deals for local tours, shops, and attractions.
Make a plan and pick the right Charleston area vacation home:
- Start by choosing your potential vacation weeks and a budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family needs. Downtown Charleston S.C. Spoleto Festival Going On end of May till part of June has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is almost always accessible on booking websites. Otherwise, call the property owner before booking your rental. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches. You'll need to establish what bed configuration is suitable for your vacation family.
- If your group is bringing pets, search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, size, and type restrictions. Some property managers charge additional pet fees.
- Are you looking for specific amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the best rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Some things to know before you go:
- Add the host's information to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental while you are out. Keep your property safe!
- Record any damages to the property during check in, and immediately send them to the owner. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are helpful if a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors bothering your peace. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would've not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can frequently help. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the rental to reconfirm you've collected all belongings. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property one final time and look for damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can. If the host is not available, take photographs of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a wonderful vacation? Many rental websites make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was imperfect and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.1 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.1 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.3 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles