- As low as $237/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- DVD player
- Video library
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Horse riding nearby
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kitchen island
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Power boating nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1100 sq ft (102 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- WiFi available
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1100 square feet
Legal and Licensed rental. Cozy 1200sf, 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath, remodeled 1850 single located in old historic district in downtown Charleston in the active Cannonborough-Elliotborough neighborhood. Private courtyard with off-street parking for two cars or one enormous truck. Walk out the door to the King Street design and restaurant district, the Visitor Center, the Farmers Market, and everything Charleston has to offer.
The home is furnished with an eclectic mix of modern and antiques. It includes a entirely equipped open kitchen, a living and dining room and a powder room downstairs, a master bedroom with a king bed, a second bedroom with two twin beds and a bathroom upstairs. Also included is a washer/dryer, flat screen TV with cable, hi-speed internet, and a docking station. The outdoor area includes a table and chairs. Outdoor dining area limited if two cars parked off street.
Check out d'Alessandros Pizza, Chubby Fish, Barsa Tapas Bar, The Daily, Chez Nous, Brown's Court Bakery, Revolution Coffee, the Grocery, Lucca, The Ordinary, Indaco, Leon's, The Darling Oyster, Maison, Little Jack's Tavern, Cannon Green, The Rarebit, Sugar Bake Shop, Wild Flour Bakery and The Macintosh... all within a few blocks. Shop the King Street stores or discover the Cannon/Elliotborough stores like Indigo & Cotton, Mac&Murray and Beads on Cannon. Day spas, salons and yoga studios are also located in close proximity.
Located convenient to College of Charleston, MUSC, Charleston School of Law, and The Citadel. 20 min. drive to beaches and 15 mins. to Charleston International Airport. Quick access to all major transportation routes.
Owners are close by and can promptly respond to concerns or offer assistance as needed.
Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
100% of rental fee and taxes if cancelled 30 days or more prior to the Check-in Date
50% of rental fee and taxes if cancelled 14-29 days prior to the Check-in Date
The entire deposit plus any balance of the rental fee (less cleaning fee and security deposit) will be forfeited if the cancellation is less than 14 days prior to the Check-in Date. Shortened stays will be considered a cancellation and subject to this cancellation policy.
Keywords: Downtown, Charleston, Historic, charming, weekend, 2 bedroom, active, restaurant, dining, shopping, museum, beach, convenient, comfortable, cozy, patio, off-street, parking, walking, hospital, college
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the perfect vacation rental experience:
Money saving strategies:
- June, July, and August are high season in Charleston. To find the best rental home for your budget, we recommend booking in the Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at Charleston area restaurants, beaches, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- The sooner you can book, the easier your search will be. The best rental properties are booked early. Booking your rental home up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers often offer customers an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local information, visitor guide magazines contain deals for local shops and restaurants.
Finding the best vacation rental:
- Select a group lead, choose your dates, and select a budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group requires. 1850 Charleston Single - Historic District: Walk to everything has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is commonly available on booking pages. If not, reach out to the property owner before booking the vacation property. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Are you looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the perfect rental.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Some properties allow pets, and some do not. Acceptable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the owner about your furry family members before booking.
Some things to know before you go:
- Get the owner's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the manager's information in your smartphone.
- Upon arrival, note any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an incredible source for finding the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental while you are out and about. Keep your property safe!
- Re-check the vacation property to confirm that you've packed everything at check-out. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the manager isn't available, take pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a fantastic stay? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was terrific, they would love to hear about it. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 1.0 miles
- The Citadel - 1.0 miles