- As low as $187/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Unit size: 450 sq ft (42 sq m)
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 450 square feet
Permit Number: 04114
The Space: Appreciate Charleston in historic elegance. This 1852 home with Greek Revival Architecture, gothic hooded chimneys, and tuscan columns, is on the national register. Exacting care was taken to preserve the original ambiance, with 170 year old heart of pine floor, high ceilings throughout, an ornamental fireplace, bay windows, turkish rugs, and french doors that open to a cozy piazza. Located on the Spring / Cannon corridor (a Charleston project adopted in 1997 to enhance the streetscape and commerce link here), the Cannonborough area enjoys wide sidewalks, pedestrian lighting, stores, cafés and eateries, in the middle of historic downtown with a neighborhood vibe.
This roomy first floor studio ‘The Sojourner' at 123 Cannon St is ideal for 2 guests, featuring 1 king bedroom and 1 full bath with a walk in shower (1BR/1BA). You will use the front door on Cannon St, which opens into a modest entryway where guests will enter the door to the right to enter The Soujourner (Suite A). The Sojourner features an open floor plan with a king bed and a comfortable lounge space, making it great for a couple looking to spend time together while appreciating a visit to Charleston. The lounge space features a modren couch, a glass side table, a breakfast table with seating for two, and is equipped with a HD TV atop a vintage dresser. This space has a kitchenette with a mini-refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffee maker with locally roasted coffee for guest use and other basic kitchenware. To your right of the kitchen area guests will find French style doors that open onto our sizable shared piazza. Here you will find an outdoor coffee table with two seats making it the ideal spot to savor the striking Charleston weather. The bathroom features a beautiful black granite walk-in shower with constructed in shelves, a enormous mirror, and an instant-on tankless hot water heater.
Guests will have exclusive access to Unit A on the first floor of the building. There will be tenants in the rear and second floor. Unit A is comfortably accessible and well lit for your safety. "Your parking sign says 'Sojourner' showing you which space is yours. Parking supplied for ONE car in the back of the driveway. For additional parking, guests will park on Cannon street for a max. of two hours before they would need to move their car. Parking is enforced Monday - Saturday from 7am-6pm. Parking is complimentary on Sundays at any street meter or City Parking garage! The nearest parking garage is located at 122 Bee St or 96 Jonathan Lucas St in the MUSC medical center.
Tenants will park in the back of the property, and walk out to Cannon Street to enter the property through the front door.
The property comes equipped with a Tesla EV charging station at the back of the property. If you would like to take advantage of this, we must be notified in advance so that we can coordinate with the owner and the other guests who may be utilizing the station.
We use a physical key to access the home. We use air tags attached to the keys to not loose them. If you don’t like carrying the air tag, you may take it off. The fee for lost keys is $100.Guest Access: *Unlock our Exclusive Guest Guide which helps avoid all the tourist traps and drastically helps plan your trip*
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests, age 25 and up, staying with Stay Duvet have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway
offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the
peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch,
dinner, trendy beverages, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private
and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to
visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on
availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $15 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $30 per person: Saturdays
*No Rolling or Duffel side suitcases allowed on site, Please pre-register with Bag Valet for pickup at CHS International Airport or you will be able to check your suitcases with Bag Valet onsite at The Wonderer and it will be delivered to your local destination. Fees apply*
Please note: availability is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. The number of available day passes remains stringently first-come, first-serve. If you plan to appreciate The Wonderer anytime between April 15th - September 1st, we strongly suggest booking in advance to guarantee access. Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 8 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting
the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 8+ rent a Cabana.
The Club has a minimum age requirement of 25 years old (unless you're a member, a guest of a member, or receive a special exception from club management). Some special events may have varying age restrictions.
*Please also note that StayDuvet is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers
this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to
availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit
at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Guests will have full access to their rental along with all the appliances and amenities supplied with your stay.
The Wonderer's parking is a paid lot.
If your unit has parking, Parking Instructions will be given to you 3 days prior to the check-in date. To see if your unit does have parking, please check THE SPACE and AMENITIES section of the listing.The Neighbourhood: Welcome to Cannonborough/Elliotborough!
The home is located in the heart of the gorgeous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, cozy eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar, The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, and Elliotborough Minibar drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the CitadelInteraction With Guests: Our team can provide self-check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay. StayDuvet is the only group in town that offers Professionally Laundered 100% Cotton Linens, Off-Site Guest Resort with Pool, Gym, and Office Spaces, Hotel Conveniences, Entirely outfitted Kitchens, and Custom Guest Itineraries to make planning your trip painless. Also, once the booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.Getting Around: You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-20 people)
CARTA Dash for complimentary rides around downtown!
Charleston RickshawOther Notes: THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop is included through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free High-Speed Internet WIFI
One Bag of Free Locally Packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap)
Dish and Laundry Detergents
Hair Dryer, Iron, and Ironing Board
4 Bath Towels per bed and Professionally Laundered Linens
Basic Cooking Essentials and Kitchenware
ONLY IF THE PROPERTY ALLOWS FAMILY PETS: One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $200. Additional family pets are subject to approval with an additional pet fee of $200. Inquire first before bringing more than one pet. The fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in! Any excessive pet dander or damages caused by your pet will warrant an additional charge. Animals must be on leash at all times when not inside property or in fenced in backyard.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined a minimum of $250 for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences. Any firearms left behind at a property will be turned over to local police without notice to guest.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm - 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion.
Alteration Policy: Any change of dates or cancellation of any nights of the original reservation will not be approved within 60 days or arrival.
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Johnson Hagood Memorial Stadium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Our top Rental home tips:
Find your perfect rental home:
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner your group can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best properties are reserved very early. Reserving your rental home up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home.
- Summertime is high season in the Charleston area area. Booking in Spring or Fall is our favorite way to save money on your rental home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable properties. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your group qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers typically offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guides have discounts for local accommodations and attractions.
Planning, picking, and booking your prefectrental:
- Start by having your group agree to date ranges and a budget.
- Greek Revival Home has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is usually available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email the host before you book the property. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or costs applied to your agreement.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available before booking
Have a great stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and save the directions to your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, television set or WIFI setup. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent lots of problems.
- Lock your rental home while you are away. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your family's visit, inspect the property for any problem areas during check in. Make contact with the host right away to document your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are an excellent resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all of your things. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on good ratings to propel more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles