About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1470 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Linens: One King, One Queen, Two Twins Plus Trundle, Queen Sleeper
Baths: 3 1/2
54 Pelican Bay is a breath of fresh ocean air! Offering lagoon and pool vistas, 54 Pelican Bay features three bedrooms with three full baths and a half bath. 54 Pelican Bay is a second-row home and is brand new to family vacation units. A sizable screened in porch, plus an open deck with a gas grille, are ideal for capturing the invigorating ocean breeze or watching your family in the neighborhood pool. When your family is ready to hit the surf and sand, access is a breeze down the public beach access path located at the end of the block, which will lead you to a wide pristine beach. Whether in the home or on the sandy beach, your family will have a terrific stay at 54 Pelican Bay.
The interior of 54 Pelican Bay is very unique. The beautiful wood plank walls in the main living area are stained to provide the feeling of a classic beach home. The living room is highlighted by a vaulted ceiling, providing open space with an abundance of natural light and marvelous leather furnishings. The well-equipped kitchen has been completely remodeled with new cabinetry, granite countertops and stainless-steel appliances. The dining area offers seating for six plus additional seating on the screen porch for four.
When the sun sets and the crew is ready to turn in, 54 Pelican Bay features three phenomenal bedrooms. The master bedroom, on the main floor, has a king bed and a freshly modernized bathroom featuring a new enormous tiled shower. The queen guest bedroom is located on the second floor and has a private bath. Finally, the third bedroom is ideal for kids with two twin beds plus a single trundle bed. It also has a private bathroom that has been refreshed with a huge tiled shower. Everyone is guaranteed a great nighttime's sleep at 54 Pelican Bay. Additional Queen Sleeper couch has been added for that additional guest or two.
Beachside Vacations Special Offer: $250 Beach Gear Rental Credit for Every Vacation Rental, 4 to 28 nights! Choose between beach chairs, umbrellas, bicycles, coolers, and much more! Please call Beachside Vacations for details.
Additional Conveniences Include:
• High speed internet with Wi-Fi.
• Beachside Direct Check in at 54 Pelican Bay.
• Text and e-mail status updates of accommodations on arrival date.
• Full size washer and dryer.
• Parking for three cars.
• Outdoor shower in the garage.
• Picnic table in garage.
• Linens and bath towels are supplied, as well as starter supplies including soap, shampoo and paper products.
• Beachside Vacations swag: sand bucket, lip balm, stickers and koozies.
• Only 15 miles to Historic Charleston!
Make sure to put 54 Pelican Bay on the top of your list for your family's next Isle of Palms Vacation. Like the cooling Southwest breeze that returns to the island each summer, after a week at this magnificent home, you will be returning year after year.
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Pelican Bay, a neighborhood in Isle of Palms. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Mount Pleasant Towne Centre and Charleston City Market. USS Yorktown and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Getting the best vacation property experience:
Money saving strategies:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are booked very early. Booking your vacation home up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and book your vacation home.
- To find the largest rental home within your budget, we strongly suggest booking in Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at Charleston area restaurants, beaches, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Booking websites frequently offer their guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Many management companies supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Choosing the best vacation rental in Isle of Palms:
- Choose a group leader, select your vacation dates, and select a budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. New Listing! Breath of Fresh Ocean Air! 3BR Pelican Bay Home - $250 Beach Gear Credit has 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is often accessible online. If not, reach out to the property management company before booking the property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms. You will need to establish what is right for your vacation family.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or might be applied to your contract.
- Visiting for a specific attraction or event? Try a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking.
Considerations for your stay:
- Add the host's phone number to your smartphone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, stereo or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents a lot of difficulties.
- Protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Document any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be valuable if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Be respectful. Often, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at check-out. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on great reviews to drive more bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.