- As low as $525/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 4 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Private pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 3920 sq ft (364 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 3920 square feet
The Gatsby welcomes you home to a time when elegance and grandeur prevailed along Charleston's historic Broad Street. A true getaway located in Charleston's famed historic district, this Charleston Single-style home SLEEPS 7 includes its own exceptional private pool and outdoor kitchen with 2 grilles, tucked alongside the huge homes of Charleston's notable South of Broad and Harleston Village neighborhoods. With 4 BR/4.5 BATHS, The Gatsby features all the rich details you'd expect from the opulent lifestyle of the Jazz age plus all the modern amenities of home. From the moment you walk through the door you'll discover gleaming wood and tile floors throughout, where one can imagine flappers from the Roaring 20's Foxtrotted and Charlestoned.
The first floor includes a cavernous, light-filled living room, with painless access to the well-appointed kitchen that includes space to relax with morning coffee in the adjacent sitting area. The gourmet kitchen is designed for the guest that loves to prepare with deep sink, gas range, separate bar & drink center, plenty of prep space, and features an upsized island that seats 4, plus generous seating at the close by dining table that seats 6 guests. Details that reflect the Gatsby-esque vibe include glittering, tiered crystal chandeliers, intricate moldings, beaded fixtures and mirrored accents on the walls. As you discover the first floor, you'll find a sumptuous powder room, constructed-in workspace, guest bedroom with FULL bed and simple access to a close by full bathroom, plus a stack Washer/Dryer set.
The distinctive Deco-meets-modern vibe continues upstairs, where you'll find three additional bedrooms, each with their own private bathroom. The broad primary suite with KING BED is designed for slumber-filled nights and showcases his & her closets with constructed-in cabinetry, and a spa-like primary bath with soaking tub and upsized shower with two separate shower heads plus a rain head. The primary suite opens onto the second story piazza, which offers impressive vistas of the pool and gardens. The additional 2 guest bedrooms, one which is appointed with a QUEEN BED and one is appointed with a TWIN BED, provide guests with tranquility and privacy.
This prime Broad Street location means that you can walk to all of the top shopping and dining spots in and around Harleston Village and the Broad Street business district, including Queen Street Grocery, Millers All Day, Brown Dog Deli, The Blind Tiger, Oak Steakhouse, Burbages, and all of the shopping and dining along Charleston's famed King Street. From here you'll appreciate the close proximity to Colonial Lake, a fashionable destination for walkers, runners, picnics and just soaking up some sun. The Gatsby offers everything you'll need to “live like a local” in Charleston and experience a lifestyle with a nod to bygone eras that beckons one to slow down.
THE GATSBY has high-speed WIFI and includes gated off-street parking.
Two umbrellas are supplied for your convenience to use throughout your stay.
Each of our luxury vacation units is accessed by a keyless door code for ease of entry, and accepts for a zero-interaction check-in/check-out process. A door code specific to each guests' stay will be included by your Concierge on the date of your check-in. If you have any questions about directions or access to the property, your concierge will be ready and waiting to assist you by phone. In addition, for properties with gate or garage access, you will be given this access code on the day of your arrival as well.
Upon arrival, after the established 4PM check-in time, you may enter and exit the rental at your leisure with these codes. Additionally, requests can be made for your Concierge to meet you at the property upon check-in. We are here to make the check-in process a seamless one!
Our concierge team is committed to delivering exceptional service, impeccable cleanliness and all the amenities of your everyday home. With each stay you'll savor high thread count linens, spa quality towels, hair dryer, ironing board, washer and dryer, standard coffee maker, kitchen cookware and silverware, shower toiletries and soaps, additional linens and towels, air conditioning, cable and wireless internet, and more. With our concierge services you can choose to have our team handle all the details of your trip. From stocking your refrigerator to reserving beach equipment, there isn't much our Concierge team can't help you with during your stay. And should you need any recommendations, it would be our enjoyment to provide suggestions for eateries, make reservations, organize activities, and answer any questions.
Please note that the fireplaces are decorative and not for guest use.
The private pool does not have heating capabilities.
We offer the option to purchase trip insurance through CSA Travel Insurance. We highly recommend adding trip insurance to your reservation, especially if you are traveling during hurricane season (June-November).
At the time of booking, we require a payment of 50% of your total rental amount. The remainder of your balance will be due 30 days prior to your check in date and will be automatically charged to the card we have on file. If you are booking within 30 days of your expected arrival date, the full payment is due at the time of booking.
Minimum rental age is 25.
Optional & Additional Fees
$150 Non-returnable Pet Fee/pet (max. one dog allowed) with a $1000 security deposit returnable upon satisfactory inspection of the property upon departure, $50 Early Check In Fee, $25/hour late check out fee.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. First (Scots) Presbyterian Church and Gibbes Museum of Art are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Looking to get your feet wet? Kayaking, motor boating and surfing/body boarding adventures can be found near the property.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Strategies to get the perfect rental home experience:
Getting the most from your rental home budget:
- Summertime is the most expensive season along the coast of SC. Book your vacation home in the Spring or Fall to get the benefit of beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season.
- The sooner your group can book, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation homes are reserved early. Reserving your vacation rental up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and book your rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your group qualifies for a discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer customers an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Often, property management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guides that include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Selecting and booking yourvacation home:
- Choose a group leader, choose your vacation week, and select a budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Historic Charleston Single on Broad with a pool! has 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is often accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If there's a particular Charleston area attraction you love, keep an eye out for rentals that are either near by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
- If your family is bringing pets, you must book a pet-friendly rental. Get information on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Often, property managers require additional pet deposits and fees.
Know before you go:
- Take a copy of the host's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental.
- Note any issues with the rental at check in, and immediately contact the host. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are helpful if damages are assessed.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors bothering your quiet neighborhood. Practice the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would have never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Lock your rental home while you're out. Keep your property safe!
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on good feedback to drive new reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.3 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.4 miles
- City Market - 0.5 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.5 miles
- Washington Square - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.6 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.6 miles