- As low as $1,299/Night
- 9 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- Pool or billiards table
- 4 bathrooms
- 9 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Private pool
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water sports equipment
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 9 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
Welcome to Raven, an AvantStay home!
All your beachy dreams come true at this unique getaway, just mins. from nature trails and Sullivan’s Island beach. Step into an broad, open floor plan with stunningly high ceilings and cavernous rooms that accommodate even the biggest of groups. Grab a drink from the wet bar, get the record player going, and head to the pool table for some friendly competition. Even when you’re inside, a enormous deck and four balconies–including a covered al fresco dining area–provide painless outdoor access so you always feel close to the sun. Whether you’re having fun in the game room, at the beach, or by the pool, you’ll want to end your days admiring the stars from the hot tub. Appreciate!
Nearby Attractions: Sullivan’s Island’s Beach, Sealand Adventure Sports, Sullivan’s Island Nature Trail, Fort Sumter National Monument, Station 18 Beach, Port Moultrie, Sullivan’s Island Lighthouse, Pages Okra Grille, Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, Poe’s Tavern, The Obstinate Daughter, Republic Ice Cream.
Charleston should be on everybody’s bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits you’ll ever have. Whether it’s walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the five beach towns that comprise Charleston’s 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to multiple striking beaches.
Feel Charleston, AvantStay style.
AvantStay provides an modren experience with services that elevate your stay and save time so you can appreciate every moment. Guests have access to a 24/7 support team. Whether it’s refrigerator stocking or in-home massages, AvantStay offers a variety of upgrades & experiences to enhance your stay.
- The hot tub is out of order.
- Please note that this property is only available for a three-nighttime minimum stay.
- Licensed vacation rental by Town of Sullivan's Island
- Pool is cleaned every Thursday
- We allow service animals at this home. If undisclosed family pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- This home does not offer pool heat.
- This home has an occupancy limit of 12 guests overnight.
- Fireplace is currently inoperable and not available for guest use.
- This is an older home with a rustic feel. While there are some modern touches, much of the home is not refreshed.
- Please be aware that palmetto bugs (commonly identified as cockroaches) are common in the southeast and are very prevalent in the early winter and early summer months.
- Please note our occupancy includes an additional two beyond bed count. Trifold floor beds and additional linens can be included upon request.
- Beach chairs are not supplied at this property, please reach out to AvantStay to rent beach chairs/umbrellas.
2 cars can park on-site.
Guests do not have garage access.
This home comes with a pack n' play travel crib and a high chair available.
The room configuration is as follows:
Primary Bedroom / King bed
Bedroom 2 / King bed
Bedroom 3 / Two twin beds
Bedroom 4 / Full bed
Bedroom 5 / Full bed
Bedroom 6 / Full bed
Bedroom 7 / King bed
Bedroom 8 / King bed
Bedroom 9 / King bed
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been supplied in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 28 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be included for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
Licensed vacation rental by Town of Sullivan's Island
About the Area
Located in Sullivan's Island, this cabin is near the beach. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Sullivan's Island Beach reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Charleston Fishfinder Charters and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Charleston Gaillard Center or TD Arena.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Our top Rental home tips:
When to go & When to reserve a Sullivans Island rental home:
- Booking your vacation home in Fall or Spring months is our best tip for saving money on your rental home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- The sooner your group can book, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved very early. Booking your rental home six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer customers an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guides that include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Make a plan and choose your prefectvacation home:
- Start by choosing your the best vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Raven by AvantStay
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is commonly accessible on booking pages. If not, email the property manager before reserving the rental. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If there's a certain Charleston area destination you are crazy about, browse homes that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking
- If your group is bringing pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly rental. Ask for details on breed, size, and type requirements. Be aware that some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
Some things to know before you go:
- Be sure you get the host's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your .
- To make sure damages are not attributed to your family's visit, note any problem areas during arrival. message the host immediately to report any damages. If there is a dispute, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are a great source for finding the best local spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually help. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your vacation home while you are away. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental to make sure you've collected all of your things. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the property a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the property manager isn't available, take pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a fantastic time? Most rental home management companies make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your property and/or property manager was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was inoperable and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.