1 Hour • Ages 8+ • No Experience Necessary!
Experience History on Horseback with Middleton!
No experience is necessary for the Middleton Equestrian Center's approximately one hour guided, narrated horseback riding tours in the heart of the historic Plantation District along the Ashley River just 15 miles from downtown Charleston, South Carolina.
Our trail rides are one of the best ways to get a true feeling for the Lowcountry in its natural, historic setting, meandering through trails alongside of Middleton Place Plantation, and around Middleton Place Plantation's scenic south rice pond as it boarders the Ashley River. Each ride is approximately one hour long and includes a guide who will provide a brief history of the Plantation, rice culture and other points of interest along the way.
Rider - $79.00 + tax
All riders must be ages 8+ and weigh 240 pounds or less.
Adult Rider - $79.00 + tax
18+ years of age
Child Rider - $79.00 + tax
8-17 years of age
The Best Way to Learn Charleston's History!
- All riders must be ages 8+ and weigh 240 pounds or less.
Approximately 1 Hour
- All experience levels are welcome.
- All tours are led and narrated by our experienced trail guides.
- Our tours go on carriage trails adjacent to Middleton Place Plantation at a walking pace.
- You will experience the historic and scenic South Rice Pond as it borders the Ashley River.
What to Bring
- Please wear long pants and close-toed shoes.
- An electronic waiver will be sent in the confirmation email, and can be signed prior to your visit.
PLEASE ARRIVE 15-20 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR RIDE, IF YOU ARE LATE YOU MAY BE UNABLE TO RIDE AND WILL BE COUNTED AS A NO-SHOW
Directions: Google "The Inn at Middleton Place", 4290 Ashley River Road. Turn off Ashley River Road, go through two brick pillars and turn immediately right at the sign that says "Middleton Place Equestrian Center" and "Trail Rides" underneath. Follow that road around past the first barn on the left and veer left. The Trail Center is at the covered shed off to the left.