- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyCarriage House at 21 East Battery
The roomy interiors of the Carriage House have original beamed ceilings, heart-pine floors and a second-floor balcony with a view of Charleston Harbor. Furnishings include inviting antiques as well as inviting couches and comfort linens for a restful Charleston stay. With a king sized bed in the former hayloft, the carriage home is just right for one couple and can also accommodate a second couple (willing to share the bathroom) with a queen sized sleeper couch in the huge upstairs sitting room.
Carriage House Accommodations include:
Kitchen pre-supplied with homemade quiche, granola, yogurt and other traditional breakfast items
Additional deluxe continental (cooked to order) breakfast available and prepared by the Innkeeper.
Tour of the Edmondston-Alston House, a home museum of the Middleton Place Foundation
Daily housekeeping service
The entire unit is a non-smoking facility
Family Animals are not allowed
We do welcome children under the age of 1 and above 13
Must be 21 years of age to reserve a room
Brief Term Rental Permit #OP2018-00218
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many management companies and rental homes provide Charleston area area promotional magazines which feature promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or via a partnership between the property management company and the local business itself. Look for these magazines and coupon books, because this allows travelers to enjoy those great attractions with a generally substantial discounted.
- Willing to change your trip dates? Shoulder seasons feature amazing deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for discount rates. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific groups of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to night life. You will definitely get the most value from a home which most directly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed a result of personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are often shocked at the range and variety of daily, weekly and monthly vacation rentals available in the Charleston area area. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to discover a property that fits their wishes and spending plan.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property owners typically select management companies to manage web advertising, housekeeping and repairs and maintenance.
Here are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental home search and booking process.
Searching for and booking the best vacation property:
Before you decide to book "Waterfront Stay in a Historic Carriage House!", read through our brief checklist of things to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Charleston area rentals start booking very early. To get the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months before your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Pick your Town and Vacation Week
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Charleston area you would like to visit, and the approximate travel dates.
Choose a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your company. Most rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Establish Your Budget
Check to make sure "Waterfront Stay in a Historic Carriage House!" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving an expensive rental property. Generally, just one person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and collecting each family member's share.
What home features is the family trying to find? Is a screened porch a requirement? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to shopping? Does the home have bikes and body boards available throughout your stay? Make a list of priority features to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Optimal accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all rental postings include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Are you or other members of the party visiting with a dog or cat? Animal guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be controlled. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Where to Search
When the location, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the very best vacation home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local property management companies. Aside from offering exclusive properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental management company may know of very similar properties that suit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your best chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each property. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please be respectful of the community. Often times, adjacent households are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites allow customers to offer comments. If the rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but genuine with regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a great time? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation rental. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that can help with the next search.
- White Point Garden - 0.1 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 0.3 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.4 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.5 miles
- Washington Square - 0.5 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.5 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.6 miles