- As low as $537/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a zoo
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 8
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1500 sq ft (139 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1500 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
ABOUT WANDO HOME
Please read the entire listing prior to booking.
NOTE: 6 adults only. Will allow additional 2 kids (under age of 18) for total of 8.
While Wando House has all of the appeal of a Charleston side home style, this new construction beauty set off-street just steps to famed King Street offers modern luxury in an old-world setting. The interior features a roomy downstairs Queen bedroom with a sizable walk-in closet and adjoining full bath. The washer/dryer is located on the first floor.
The second floor features a light-filled Primary bedroom with Queen bed, Intelligent TV, appealing window seat, sitting balcony, enormous walk-in closet, and opulent ensuite bathroom featuring a walk-in shower. The third bedroom is also located on the second floor and features a Queen bed, huge walk-in closet, and ensuite bathroom. All bedrooms feature unique antique pieces. The living area serves as a flex space with a queen-size sofabed, Intelligent TV, and opens onto a striking modern kitchen featuring bespoke cabinetry, gas stove, high-end finishes, and white quartz countertops with tile backsplash.The additional-huge kitchen island has seating for four. This handsome two-story home features private parking - behind double gates. Plus, front porch seating, upstairs main bedroom porch with seating, and seating in the private garden.
Wando House is half a block off of King Street. Excellent WALKABILITY SCORE of 95
***IMPORTANT NOTE ON POTENTIAL FOR NOISE: Everything that makes this location striking also means it's not suburban peaceful! Our location is excellent for walkability and is surrounded by exceptional dining and entertainment - which includes music venues, including those located close by on King Street. While the City of Charleston has a noise ordinance that starts at 11 pm through 7 am - any loud music should end at 11 pm, even on the weekends - HCVR cannot control our proximity to the liveliness that makes this an magnificant location, nor can we be held responsible for adjacent noise out of our control. *If there is loud music or excessive noise after 11 pm from anywhere other than the property, we ask guests to please contact the non-emergency police number and file a complaint. This is not a good location for those that are bothered by urban noises and/or who need complete peaceful in order to sleep. There may be street noises and other sounds typical of an urban location. This unit is a stand-alone home, with potential other guests in units on the same property - and you may hear your neighbors on-site. You may also hear other urban sounds like garbage trucks and other noises coming from the street areas. HCVR will not discount nor refund for noise complaints. By the act of renting this unit, the guest accepts the potential for noise as detailed above.
PARKING: This unit offers ONE off-street parking spot. Additional parking is located a block away in the City of Charleston parking garage at a charge of $18 per day. Note: No tandem parking. No blocking of stairwells or other cars. No motorbikes, scooters, golf carts, or any other type of motorized car. Guests are not to use modest side pad next to home. Guests are not to plug any car into the power outlets in the home, including but not limited to EV (Electric Vehicles). If there is a parking concern, please contact the Host immediately. HOA will tow without warning if parking rules are not followed.
Need even more room?
Please send an inquiry for more availability, including two other units on the same property, located in a beautiful, entirely modernized home constructed in 1885.We also have additional units available two blocks away on Saint Philip Street that can accommodate from 1 bedroom to even bigger groups of 14 - or any combination, ideal for wedding accommodations and family get-togethers.
No Parties (Note: THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!)
No guests that are not registered with host.
No smoking/candles inside or outside on property
No Family Animals
No EV (Electric Vehicles) to be connected to outlets
City of Charleston Noise Ordinance 11pm to 7am
**Host/Property Manager reserves the right to terminate the rental immediately due to non-compliance of any of the rules listed above.
REGISTRATION: All guests are required to fill out a Point of Contact including home address. All guests are required to register prior to arrival with names, DOB of all guests, car information, and a copy of driver's license (e-mail to HCVR), and signing a Rental Agreement which will be sent to you via e-mail immediately. Once complete, you will receive your confirmation e-mail. All guests receive check-in information, including door and wifi codes, 48 hours prior to arrival via e-mail.
SECURITY DEPOSIT $750 as a credit card hold, to be released 7 days past checkout if no issues - security deposit required directly with HCVR.
TV: Please note that we offer SmartTVs that include some complimentary content apps. Guests are welcome to log into their private app accounts and are responsible for logging off before they leave. We do not offer cable.
CANCELLATION: Please review the cancellation policy. There is a $50 flat credit card processing fee for all cancellations. Please consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Travel Insurance - either through us, or elsewhere.
CONSUMABLES: We offer starter coffee pods/creamer/sugar for the Keurig coffee maker, and may include hotel-size shampoo/conditioner/soap, and other consumables such as laundry pods, laundry detergent, and trash bags as available. If you believe you'll need more than those modest amounts, we ask that you consider bringing additional supplies.
CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: We ask minimal of our guests upon check-out, but do require the following:
* Leave bed(s) unmade, but not stripped.
* Leave towels on floor of bathroom.
* Run the dishwasher if needed.
* Discard all foods from the refrigerator and freezer - Don't leave anything at all in the refrigerator or the freezer.
* Place closed trash bag(s) into the corresponding bin located behind or adjacent to the home near the parking area marked with your unit letter.
* Check to make sure you have taken all of your belongings!
* Close/lock all of the doors (including those to porches and verandahs!)
* Text us when you've checked out!
SECURITY CAMERAS: This property is monitored via external perimeter security cameras overlooking exterior public areas such as porches, parking, and common areas. Security cameras record during a guest reservation.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS.
COVID-19 Note: Our housekeeping crew will be adhering to strict CDC and DHEC recommended procedures.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Charleston Music Hall and Joseph Manigault House are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with cycling nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best rental home experience:
Sticking to your spending budget:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best rental homes are reserved early. Booking your rental six to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental home.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. Reserve your vacation in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- Some property managers offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitor guide magazines have discounts for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- Choose your dates and budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Wando House - Modern Charleston Twist has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is normally available on booking websites. Otherwise, reach out to the property management company before booking the property. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a rental that allows animals. Request details on breed, size, and type requirements. Usually, hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
- Visiting for a single event or attraction? If so, use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
Some things to know before you go:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and save the instructions to your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, stereo or thermostat. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call prevents many concerns.
- Lock your rental home while you are out and about. Protect your property!
- Document any issues with the property at check in, and immediately contact the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be very helpful if a dispute is filed.
- Be a good neighbor. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the rental property to make sure you've collected everything. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property a final time and look for damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, ensure that you take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property managers rely on excellent ratings to inspire future bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your review find their best vacation rental. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles