- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyDazzling Pool and Two Blocks to the Beach
A SPARKLING VILLA - DESIGNER DECOR
NEW FOR 2020 - CLOROX Cleaning Throughout
12 Lagoon Villas is a redone, cavernous condo overlooking a delightful pool and mature oak trees and palms. The villa has a decorators touch and includes a new kitchen, renovated bathroom areas, a vaulted ceiling with planking in the great room, new tile in kitchen and baths, and three balconies. Full size washer and dryer.
The villa boast huge dual masters, each with two queen beds, a vanity/dressing area, a separate tub/shower/toilet room, and a balcony overlooking the pool.
The Great Room has vaulted planked & beamed ceilings, a sizable picture window and is open to the kitchen. The dining room table and chairs seats six conveniently and is topped by a ideal chandelier. The kitchen has "soft close" cabinetry, stainless appliances, a coffee station and a wine serving area. The kitchen is thoroughly supplied to make meal prep painless. There is a full size washer and dryer off the kitchen as well.
There is cable TV, a generous SMART TV (Internet connected) in the living room, and TVs in both bedrooms. To make your trips to the beach easier, we supply a compact beach cart with chairs, beach towels and cooler. We supply kick boards and some beach toys for the children too. We also have two well-used adult bicycles for restful rides on the resort bicycle path.
Family Animals are only allowed in Wild Dunes for visitors renting 90 days or more. We are pet neighborly for long term visitors with pre-approval from the owner and a modest pet fee. Please inquire with the owner for further details specific to your pet.
ONE OF THE BEST LOCATIONS IN WILD DUNES
If you are looking for a opulence villa within walking distance of the beach, The Pavilion and Boardwalk, Harbor golf course, tennis center, bicycle units, playground, b-ball court, eateries and bars, then this is the place.
Please read our 5☆reviews. Also check out our other Wild Dunes unit, listing number 3672072 - another five star unit!
- Many property management companies and vacation rental properties provide Charleston area area printed travel guides which feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by vendors, or via a relationship between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Desire to steer clear of the crowds? Off-peak times offer up sizable discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be qualified for special discounts. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a discount.
- Some rental homes are basically designed to serve specific travelers, whether it's beachfront units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private boat launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the family activities and attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance along with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of health related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional gasoline.
General Rental property Information
You might be shocked to discover just how many rental properties are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by rental owners mainly because they manage the promotion and operations..
We've constructed a short guide to assist you in getting most from your rental property experience.
Searching for and reserving the right rental property:
Before you decide to book " 5? PROPERTY - Pool and Central Location - CLOROX CLEANING", review our short checklist of issues to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the very best choice of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area rental Six-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plot their Summer family vacations..
Select your Area and Vacation Week
Start by deciding which particular area of Charleston area you prefer to browse, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Choose a Size
Confirm who is going, and how many/what sort of bedroom setup you need to have. Try to remember that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the group. Generally rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Determine Your Budget
Will your favorite rental home fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before reserving a costly rental property. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What home features is your group interested in? Is a screened deck a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Do individual members of your group have special needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are needed, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation home listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your companion! Animals are welcome at many vacation homes, but policies differ. Make sure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local vacation home management companies pride themselves on a top-quality vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak season offers your best chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Total Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Vacation home management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed due to personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congrats on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call helps prevent many problems.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Many times, surrounding properties are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit substantially more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damages. If possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Just about all rental management companies and rental home sites permit renters to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but genuine regarding your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. How did they like the rental choice? If everything was amazing, next year's vacation planning is going to be simple. Maybe the rental property was not perfect, and you'll better know how to improve your search for the next vacation.