About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1680 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
3 bedroom & 3 full bathroom single story ranch (1680 sq ft on 0.32 acre lot), centrally located in James Island, Charleston. 5 min. drive to downtown and 7 miles to Folly Beach. The neighborhood is friendly and in walking distance to Publix supermarket & many eateries. It has plenty of space to entertain, a enormous dining table, completely equipped kitchen w/ all necessary cooking/dining ware & silverware. Big sunroom w/ a pool table & a game table. A huge sunny deck with a entirely fenced back yard.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Charleston City Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Splash Zone Waterpark and Charleston Museum. Consider Historic Rice Mill for a night out or South Carolina Aquarium if you're traveling with kids.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Strategies for getting the best Charleston vacation home experience:
Get the best rental home value:
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. Booking a rental in the Spring or Fall is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable homes. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property managers typically offer guests an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area area magazine upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guides contain coupons for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
How to pick the best rental home in Charleston:
- Choose dates and max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Tranquil retreat, 5 minute drive to Downtown, close to Folly Beach has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, call the host before you book the vacation property. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Visiting for a specific event? Try a map search to find nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking
- Some properties allow pets, but others don't. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask your host about pets before booking.
Tips to have a fantastic stay:
- Get the property manager's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- Upon arrival, document any issues with the property and immediately alert the host. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, intercom or appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents quite a few difficulties.
- Be a good neighbor. Frequently, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're gone! Don't let burglars spoil your family vacation.
- Upon check-out, complete a walk-through to make sure you didn't leave anything behind. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental a final time and look for any damage. We suggest walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host is not available, ensure that you take video of the rental to record its condition.
- After your trip, leave a review! Hosts rely on excellent reviews to stimulate more bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your experience find their best vacation home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- James Island County Park - 1.4 miles
- City Marina - 2.2 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 2.2 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 2.7 miles
- White Point Garden - 2.7 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 2.7 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 2.8 miles
- Washington Square - 2.9 miles