- 4 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Pets Considered
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyOne of Folly's Finest! Appreciate mellowing out on the marsh! This 4 bedroom townhouse is a showpiece! You will find all the comforts you could want within the three floors of this tidy and peaceful unit that even has elevator access from the ground floor. There is a community pool, a community day time boat dock, and peerless of all you have gorgeous marsh vistas!
Marsh Mellow is owned by a couple from the Columbia area who bought this townhouse brand new and appreciate sharing it with visitors. This townhouse includes a elegant modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances and all the tools you need to make a great meal. Off the living room is a generous, well-decorated lanai with lovely vistas of the marsh and the river in the distance. With 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths and plenty of living space, you will adore as much family time or alone time as desired.
Come with your boat and you are welcome to park it in the garage when you are not using it. There is a public boat landing close by and the neighborhood has a dock for guest to use during the day. There is parking for 2 cars in the covered garage.
All photos are current and accurately depict the unit. Please rent with confidence. This unit is licensed by city of Folly Beach as a holiday rental - License Number: 1-19-201178. Because of the potential of fraud, we would not recommend renting a unit through Craigslist or a unit not licensed by the city of Folly Beach as a holiday rental.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send promotional tourism guide books with deals for vacation rentals, dining and attractions. Keep an eye out for these books and discount books, since this allows travelers to enjoy the same activities at a significantly discounted.
- Is it possible to shift your dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak costs.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Military, or returning travelers to the same rental. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific types of guests. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are situated close to music venues. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and points of interest you are most interested in.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners generally offer customers the chance to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed resulting from personal health emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are often surprised at the number and wide selection of short term properties available in the Charleston area area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Rental owners often select management companies to manage online advertising, house cleaning and maintenance tasks.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most beginners will be happy to find that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you know how to look.
Finding and booking the best rental home:
Before you decide to book "Marsh Mellow ~ Stunning 4 bedroom Marsh View Home", read through our brief list of factors to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Charleston area vacation rentals start booking very early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for families to plot their Summer family trips..
Pick a Town and Time
Begin by figuring out which specific area of Charleston area you would like to browse, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
Establish Your Budget
Will the chosen rental property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before reserving a costly vacation property. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the family looking for? Do you want a rental home with patio dining area? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental property payment? Gather a list of "needs and wants" from your company to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Do some people in your party have specific needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Almost all vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Remember to include your companion! Animals are welcome at a number of rental properties, but guidelines differ. A number of limitations may eliminate a prospective rental. Ensure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when pets are included.
Start the Search
A number of websites exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. In addition to having distinctive properties, local companies offer you top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the home has everything you need. If something is missing, the home management company may know of very similar properties that better suit your preferences and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Go Through The Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
Once you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental home owner.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also recommend immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any fixes.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental home to make certain that you've collected all valuables.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Virtually all rental web sites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something was unacceptable and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you should make it a point in your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Did they feel about the rental? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning will be simple. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience that can help with your next search.