About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1500 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Permit Number: 02644
Our cavernous 2nd floor condo, ‘Tiger Lily’, is ideal for groups of 6 with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths. Located just off of Coming Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, and up (exterior) stairs, Tiger Lily features an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Dining table provides seating for up to 8 guests. Bedrooms are located on this 2nd level, with 2 full bathrooms. One bedroom with its own King and the other 2 bedrooms are Queen size beds with 100% cotton Spanish sheets. Flat screen Roku powered TV in the living room and master with Xfinity cable. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Entirely equipped kitchen with basic cooking/kitchenware is also located on this second level.
Guests will have access to the entire space along with all the appliances and amenities supplied with the listing. We provide one off street parking spot for your stay.
The home is located in the heart of the beautiful and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well. To note, this property is above a modest convenience store.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Once booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home:
All guests staying with us will have FULL ACCESS to The Wonderer. The getaway-themed adults-only campus includes a cafe, restaurant, bar, gym, workspace, and pool! After you’ve confirmed your booking, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the Campus, you must reserve a time at the campus 24 hours before check-in time. Please note that exercise classes and private events/shows are offered for an additional rate. If you are arriving early before check-in or need a place to relax after check-out, this is the PERFECT place to appreciate while you wait. The Wonderer was created for and caters to those who seek a more meaningful balance between social connection, professional life, and personal wellness.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have supplied laundry detergent for your convenience.
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop included through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this apartment is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Upper King Design District are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Charleston City Market and Rainbow Market Shopping Center. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
Tricks and tips for getting the best Charleston area vacation home experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Summer is high season in Charleston. Booking your Charleston area vacation home in the Fall or Spring is our favorite way to save money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable properties. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies usually offer customers an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Many management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guides that include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Finding the perfect rental home in Charleston:
- Choose a group leader, select your trip dates, and choose a spending budget.
- Only 2 blocks to King! has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is often available online. Otherwise, contact the property owner before reserving your home. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches. You'll need to work out what is optimal for your vacation group.
- If there's a particular Charleston area attraction you crave, look for properties that are either close by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and others don't. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the owner about pet restrictions before booking.
- Add the owner's phone number to your phone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Document any issues with the property during check in, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are helpful if a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, intercom or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent lots of issues.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental home while you're out and about. Keep your property safe!
- Re-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed all of your belongings on check-out day. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on good ratings to compel new bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 1.0 miles