- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dining Table
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Center
- Fitness Room/Equipment
- Free Wifi
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Police Contact
- Smart TV
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Travel Crib
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis rental comes with a Wild Dunes SportsCard bought by the unit owner and accepts rental visitors at the unit access to some of Wild Dunes' niceties, additional costs payable to Wild Dunes apply to some amenities as noted below:
Wild Dunes Exercise Centers at Village Plaza and Port O` Telephone
$15 per person per day
3 day pass for $40 per person
5 day pass for $50 per person
Please call (843) 886-7008 for more details
Wild Dunes Swim Center
Complementary access to heated outdoor pool at all times.
Lap swim until 10:00 a.m. & open swim the rest of the day!
Food, libation and entertainment offerings available & Woody`s less than 200 yds away
Restrooms with showers
Please call (843) 886-2264 for more details
Wild Dunes Grandiose Pavilion and Pools
After 4pm, COMPLIMENTARY access to the Giant Pavilion boardwalks, 2 swimming pools, bathrooms, stores, bar and grille. Check entertainment schedule
Please call (843) 886-7008 for more details.
Wild Dunes Boardwalk Inn Pool
COMPLIMENTARY access after 4pm to this peaceful, adults only pool
Food and libation offerings available
Restrooms with showers
Please call (843)886-6000 for more details.
Wild Dunes Tennis Courts
Court rental costs WAIVED after 12 p.m.
Please call (843) 886-2113 for more details
Wild Dunes Golf Courses
Links Course and Harbor Course Access
Check tee time website or call for pricing
Rent tee time online at wild dunes.com/teetimes or
please call (843)886-2002 to rent.
All of the above are a benefits of the Wild Dunes SportsCard.
We newly bought the home in 2019 after it was completely modernized and made multiple upgrades, including all new furnishings . My wife and I own the unit and I handle all transactions and oversee the cleaning to assure our visitors complete satisfaction. We have raised and are still raising our children here on the island and live right up the road in Wild Dunes.
We are familiar with the rental work. We have another unit at #5 24th Avenue if you are looking for a bigger home as well as the upstairs space B at this address with 3 bedrooms/2 baths, which may be combined with this space if you need more room.
The home is one of the original homes constructed on the island with plenty of magic and history, newly refreshed. Hope you will come savor the home and create some family memories as we have over the years.
As close to the beach as possible without the traffic of Palm Blvd, located one half block off Palm Blvd and (300 yards) to the beach and beach access directly across the street. Within walking distance to the downtown IOP area for eateries and beach bars.
This 4 bedroom, two full bath rental has wood/hard surface floors with tile in both baths, well appointed bedrooms as well as an open living area with very appealing seating. The unit has two rental spaces (A is downstairs - this unit - and B is upstairs). The spaces can be rented separately or together for enormous families. Provides the togetherness and accepting for own space as well. Very inviting and choice of all very close to the beach(300 yards).
The downstairs/ground level rental has no stairs which makes it simple to access and to unload!!
The kitchen is very well supplied for modest to sizable groups with all preparing silverware, pots, pans, blender, mixer, toaster, waffle irons, Keurig, etc.
In the back yard there is a gas grille, a dining table, lounge chairs and umbrella. The backyard is entirely fenced and separated from the upstairs for additional privacy and safety for children and family dogs and cats.
All linens, bath, hand and kitchen towels, and wash clothes etc are supplied.
Equipped with new Roku flat screen TVs with Amazon Firesticks.
Fees and Taxes:
- Sorry for the inconvenience of no-instant renting feature. We try to prevent under-age drinking and home events. We have teenagers and college students :). I try to respond within 30 mins. for questions and reservations.
- Vacation Rental By Owner will assess a service fee between 6% - 10% of the total amount of rental.
- Optional pet fee of $150.00.
- Cleaning Fee of $300.00.
- The state of South Carolina, County of Charleston and the City of Isle of Palms will collect a total of 14% of total rental. (yeah we know its high). We don't like taxes either...
- Both the service fee and taxes will be billed directly. This will be shown on the "view details" under the dollar amount for the amount due on the rental.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many established tourism bureaus will offer you guides with special packages for accommodations, restaurants and activities. Search for these publications and promotional books, as this allows visitors to experience the same activities with a sometimes substantial discounted.
- Desire to stay away from packed areas and lower your expenses? Off-peak times provide substantive deals.
- Many management companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or repeat guests to the same vacation home. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some rental homes are basically catered to particular visitors, whether it's oceanside units with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own boat launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental that most directly suits your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to uncover how many rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to manage promoting and marketing, house cleaning services and maintenance tasks.
We have constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your rental home experience.
Searching for and booking the best rental:
Before you book "4 Bdrm/sleeps 10, 300 yds to beach, incl Wild Dunes pools/tennis/golf privileges", read through our brief list of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many popular hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked very early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for family groups to plot their Summer family trips..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Sometimes, the most challenging part of planning your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest becomes simpler.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Most vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Determine the price for your chosen stay. It could be at the high end of the range. If several groups or family members are sharing the cost, make sure everybody understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental documents call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the group trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental rate? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
Do members of your group have specific needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation rental postings include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Don't forget to include your companion! While many vacation homes permit animal friends, guidelines and fees vary per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be limited. Study your contract thoroughly! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies will have a unique selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best possibility of a lower rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read through the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular charge, guests have to pay local taxes when booking "4 Bdrm/sleeps 10, 300 yds to beach, incl Wild Dunes pools/tennis/golf privileges", as well as various other fees that may be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health care emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Contact the property manager right away to report your observations.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents often live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip a good deal more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a little bit. Even when you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The rental home is required to be in good shape. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes ought to be addressed prior to leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many property management companies and rental home sites allow customers to give feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top notch, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but genuine with regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will work hard to solve the situation.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they feel about the rental? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning will be painless. If not, you've gained valuable experience to help with the next search.