- As low as $216/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining room
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This downtown charmer is seriously showing off. Located in the heart of Downtown Charleston's Harleston Village neighborhood, has undergone an broad remodel in the past year and is completely furnished with high-end furnishings. Located on the first level of the historic Heriot-Grimball home, 81 Ashley Avenue A is one block from Colonial Lake and Park, a 6 min. walk to King Street, 3 min. bicycle ride to MUSC and CofC, and only an 18 min. drive to the beach. Upon entering through the front ingress, you are greeted with a sizable hallway and grandiose spiral staircase just before your door. The back entrance features a covered outdoor space great for storing bicycles. As you enter, you are greeted by a charming granite entry. The first bedroom has a queen sized bed, double closet, and a huge desk, ideal for working from home. The enormous master bedroom has an in-suite bathroom, king sized bed, intelligent TV and a walk-in closet. 81 Ashley is ideal for entertsining guests, boasting a handsome dining room with a fireplace, with a table that seats 6. Unwind in the living room on the most comfortable couch, and appreciate the intelligent TV. Full washer and dryer in laundry room. This condo features 9-11ft ceilings throughout.
**Dogs can be negotiated with a $250 pet deposit**
Other things to note:
Our Housekeeping Team members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated. Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
*Unlock our Exclusive Guest Guide which helps avoid all the tourist traps and drastically helps plan your trip*
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests staying with Duvet Homes have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway
offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the
peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch,
dinner, trendy drinks, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private
and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to
visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $30 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $50 per person: Saturdays
Monthly passes can be purchased for a discounted rate
*Access to the Wonderer is Subject to change based on Seasonality, Weather factors, and are
first come, first serve, so please make sure to confirm operating hours for the dates of your stay.
Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 6 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting
the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 6+ rent a Cabana.
All guests must be at least 25 years or older to access the Club and must consent (in
writing) to the Club Rules and Regulations.
*Please also note that Duvet Homes is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers
this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to
availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit
at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
We provide enough of the following items to get you started: Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion), Mini Dish/Laundry Detergents & Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WIfi
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Shops at Charleston Place and Charleston City Market. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Getting the best Charleston area vacation rental experience:
Get the most from your vacation rental budget:
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. Reserve your Charleston area rental home in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host if your group qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers often offer their guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Many property management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which often include money-saving offers, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to select the best vacation home in Charleston:
- Choose a group leader, select your vacation week, and choose a max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. The Water Lilly 2br/2ba Beautiful Downtown Condo has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always available online. If not, email the host before you reserve your home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If your family is traveling with pets, you must reserve a pet-friendly rental. Get specifics on breed, weight, and type requirements. Often, property managers charge additional pet fees.
- Does your group require unique amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental.
More tips for your visit:
- Store the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, elevator or washer/dryer. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call prevents lots of difficulties.
- Keep your rental home locked while you're out! Don't let crooks ruin your vacation.
- To ensure that damages aren't attributed to your stay, make a record of any problem areas upon check in. Make contact with the property manager right away to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors bothering your life at home. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would've not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to confirm that you've packed all of your belongings at departure. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your group have a wonderful vacation? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your property and/or host was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was imperfect and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.4 miles
- City Marina - 0.5 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- City Market - 0.7 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.7 miles
- Washington Square - 0.8 miles