- 3 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Car Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00445
Our cavernous 2 floor home, ‘The Promenade’, is just right for groups of 6-8 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 3 bedrooms, 1 full bath. Located on historic Cannon Street, location won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, and up the few porch stairs, "Promenade" includes a traditional floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or appreciate a meal. Dining table with 6 seats and calming living room with high vaulted ceilings. Bedrooms are located on the second level, with one full bathroom. Half bath is located on the first level just off of the main living room hall. Master Bedroom includes a blissful King Size bed with another King in one guest bedroom, and a Queen size beds in the other. Each of these bedrooms with premium linens and towels. Entirely supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is located on the first level.
Guests will have exclusive access to both 1st and 2nd floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.Parking is on street for 1 car during your stay. Parking is included for 1 car on street with a parking pass FOR STAYS 3 DAYS OR LESS. Stays 3 days or longer, please inquire with our team to see if we can accommodate, otherwise please plan on using 1 of the local garages within walking distance to park.
The home is located in the heart of the glamourous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic glamour. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Wildflower Pastry located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most polished things to do and see.
The unit is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Family Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, libations, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
- Many management companies and rental properties supply Charleston area area printed travel books which feature coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or by a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. Keep an eye out for these publications and promotional books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same great activities with a sometimes substantial discounted.
- Are you able to switch your trip dates? Shoulder seasons feature fantastic promotions.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be able to get promotions. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discount.
- Some properties are essentially catered to particular clients, whether it is soundside rentals with pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are surprised to learn just how many rentals are located in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to discover a property that suits their expectations and spending plan.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners mainly because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
Searching for and booking the best rental home:
Before you decide to book "The Promenade (Historic Downtown) - Newly Renovated 3 Bedroom 2 blocks from King Street!", go through our short checklist of things to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many renowned hot spots, In Charleston area the best rentals are booked early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Many households prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Pick your Place and Vacation Week
Sometimes, the toughest part of preparing for your vacation is choosing where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, everything else will be much easier.
Decide on a Size
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what particular bedroom setup you need to have. Remember that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the group. Generally rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Decide on Your Budget
Most rentals are presented with a price range. Confirm the cost for your selected stay. It may be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before booking a costly rental. Most rental agreements require a single person to be responsible for the full reservation.
What amenities is your group searching for? Are you looking for a rental property with outside dining area? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or night life? Are bed linens offered with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Create a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Do individual people in your party have specific needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your furry family members. Animals are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies differ. Type of animal, size and breeds can be controlled. Examine your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local property management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on a top-quality rental experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar properties that fit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your greatest potential for a reduced rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Study the Total Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal charge, guests will have to pay state taxes when renting "The Promenade (Historic Downtown) - Newly Renovated 3 Bedroom 2 blocks from King Street!", along with any other additional fees which might be required based upon their situation, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you must Cancel
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
Once you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Remember that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Good luck on booking your rental home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To assure no damages are attributed to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Call the rental manager right away to report your observations. This will protect against disagreements during check out.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please be respectful of the neighborhood. Locals are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Clean up a little. Despite the fact that you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The property should really be in very good condition. Sinks full of pots and pans, substantial beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be addressed before leaving.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most rental home sites seek comments after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but honest with regards to experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to rectify the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Does everybody want to return next year? Hopefully everything was wonderful and you are excited to re-book the same rental for next season. If not, you've gained invaluable experience to aid with your next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles