About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 710 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Permit Number: 02775
Our 2 story, 2 Bedroom/1Bathroom home is centrally-located just one block from Upper King. With off-street parking and being just steps away from countless stores, eateries, and nightlife, parking won’t be an issue here! Our home has an eclectic, modern design while maintaining a historic downtown Charleston appeal and is guaranteed to make you feel right at home.
The property features…
Off-Street Parking. Leave your anxiety back at home and savor the luxury of having 1 off-street parking spaces at your disposal.
A Relaxing Front Porch. Sit back, relax, and appreciate the handsome Charleston weather and delicious smells of D’Alessandro’s pizzeria just across the street, while calming on the front porch chairs.
A Cozy Living Space. Upon arrival, guests enter through the 1st floor private entrance into the comfortable living room area. The living room/lounge space features a plush grey couch, side table with lamp, a modern style club chair, an oval shaped coffee table atop a multicolored area rug, a huge wooden bench, ceiling fan, and a flat screen TV mounted on the wall above console shelving.
A Totally-Equipped Kitchen. The kitchen is open to the lounge space and comes entirely-equipped with brand new MayTag appliances including an oven/stovetop, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, coffee maker, and dishwasher. The kitchen features new stone countertops, open shelving with glassware, basic kitchen silverware, and a breakfast bar with 4 barstools beneath. Here you will also find the utility closet housing the stacked washer and dryer.
2 Bedrooms/1 Bathroom. Ascend one flight of stairs to the bedrooms. The 1st bedroom has a rustic design and features a plush full sized bed with a tuft headboard, a bedside table with lamp, sound machine, ceiling fan, bags rack, full-sized mirror, and access to the 2nd floor balcony. The 2nd bedroom features a queen sized bed, bedside table with lamp, a sound machine, suitcases rack, a enormous wall mirror, a closet, a flat screen TV mounted on the wall, ceiling fan, and access to the 2nd floor balcony. In the hallway between the 2 bedroooms is the full bathroom. The bathroom features new stone tile, countertops, fixtures, a sizable mirror, and a standup glass shower.
2nd Floor Balcony. Accessed by both bedrooms, the huge 2nd floor balcony has a pub table with chairs making it ideal for appreciating beverages, people watching, or simply enjoying one another’s company.
Location plus comfort, cleanliness, and privacy make our home a hot commodity among travelers. Inquire today to ensure your reservation!
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2 floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull one car off the street and into a shared driveway, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the striking and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, cozy eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic charm. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Ordinary, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Ice Bing, Goulette, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
This property is located next door to Cutty's Bar and across the street from local favorite D'allesandro's Pizza!
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Once booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the finest eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home:
All guests staying with us will have FULL ACCESS to The Wonderer. The getaway-themed adults-only campus includes a cafe, restaurant, bar, gym, workspace, and pool! After you’ve confirmed your booking, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the Campus, you must reserve a time at the campus 24 hours before check-in time. Please note that exercise classes and private events/shows are offered for an additional rate. If you are arriving early before check-in or need a place to relax after check-out, this is the PERFECT place to enjoy while you wait. The Wonderer was created for and caters to those who seek a more meaningful balance between social connection, professional life, and personal wellness.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
Our Housekeeping Team members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WIfi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Charleston Music Hall and Joseph Manigault House. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
Tips for getting the best vacation property experience:
Get the most from your vacation rental budget:
- The earlier you can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved early. Reserving your vacation rental six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental property.
- Summer is high season in the Charleston area area. Booking your Charleston area vacation home in the Fall or Spring is our best tip for saving money on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable properties. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August.
- Some hosts offer promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your property manager if rate reductions are available for your group before you book.
- Booking websites usually offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Many rental management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guides which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Choose a designated group leader, select your vacation week, and select a spending budget.
- 1 Block to King! has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is often available on booking pages. If they are not listed, call the property manager before you reserve the home. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches. You will need to determine what bed configuration is best for your vacation family.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional pet fees or charges might be applied to your contract.
- If there's an individual Charleston area destination you long to visit, browse properties that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking
Considerations for your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and save the instructions to your phone.
- Hosts are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you are away! Don't let thieves spoil your holiday.
- To make sure that no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any problem areas upon your arrival. Call the rental manager right away to record any damages. If there is a dispute, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are an excellent resource to find the best local scenic spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Just prior to departing, complete a walk-through to make sure you haven't leave anything behind. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave feedback! Property managers rely on great ratings to compel future bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will be thankful you shared your review find their best rental home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles