- 9 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00132
- Guests Seeking Vibrant Nightlife
- Getaway with Friends
- Substantial Families
Located in the historic Elliottborough neighborhood, this compound is less than a 10 min. walk to Charleston favorites such as Barsa Tapas Parlor & Bar, Prohibition, Leon's, Little Jack's Tavern, and The Daily.
This compound is composed of four separate units; Neptune, Pluto, Jupiter, and Saturn, Neptune includes 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom with a loft; one bedroom includes a queen bed, with a twin-over-full bunk bed in the second bedroom. Additionally, this unit contains 2 twin futons in the loft. Pluto is a studio apartment with a bathroom and kitchenette, with a queen-sized bed in the upstairs loft. Jupiter is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with 2 queen-sized beds and one full bed. Saturn is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home, with 2 full sized beds and a bunk bed with 2 twins. The entire compound contains 7 total bathrooms. The compound has plenty of space, with a living room and entirely supplied kitchen in each unit. Neptune and Pluto are inter-connecting, with a door joining the two units. Additional includes of this compound include two front porches, one decorated patio, and three off-street parking spaces. This unit is split between two levels and requires stairs. There is no elevator on the unit.
Guests have access to the entire compound - two apartments and two homes, all on one lot. This compound also includes off-street parking for 3 cars. On-street parking passes available for buy at $5 per car per day- please contact host directly to inquire. On-street parking passes are based on availability.
The Cannonborough / Elliotborough neighborhood of historic downtown Charleston, SC is known choice for its laid back, residential streets, and great selection of off the beaten path eateries your the guide books won't tell you about. Grab a casual bite to eat at D'Allesandro's just 1 block away, without a doubt one of the most great pizza stores in Charleston, or for fine dining and authentic Italian cuisine, head to Trattoria Lucca near MUSC.
We're 1 block from King St where just about everything is walkable.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all over your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most first-rate things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send you travel guide books with special packages for rental properties, restaurants and activities. Search for these guides and coupon books, because this allows visitors to discover the very same wonderful attractions with a generally significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you might take a trip? The off-peak seasons will offer incredible rates on daily rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for special discounts. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some rentals are essentially catered to particular travelers, whether it is oceanside homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own windsurfing launching areas. If there's a specific Charleston area activity that you just love, look for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners generally offer their customers an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, provides guests reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed due to health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
You might be pleasantly surprised to uncover how many rental properties are available at your destination. With such a big selection, clients are sure to come across a rental which matches their wishes and spending plan.
The majority of vacation homes in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies are liked by owners mainly because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Here are some ideas and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the right rental property:
Do you believe "The Planets - Urban Style Compound Steps From King Street!" is the best vacation property for your upcoming visit? Browse through this check list to make sure it fits your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation rentals start booking very early. To assure the greatest choice of rental homes, we recommend searching and booking your Charleston area vacation home Six-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Many families choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Select a Village and Time
Quite often, the most challenging portion of organizing your vacation is deciding where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest is easier.
Decide on a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you book.
Have a Spending Limit
Many rentals are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the price for your chosen stay. It could be at the top end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before reserving an expensive rental. In most cases, a single person in the group will be liable for making the full reservation and recovering each person's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Do you want to be away from it all, or near civilization? Does the property have bicycles and beach toys available throughout your stay? Make a list of "necessities and wants" from your company to help narrow your search to the most appropriate rental.
Proper access could make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. Most rental postings include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Remember to include your furry family members. Animal policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Read your agreement thoroughly! Fees may apply when animals are included.
It Is Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies will have a unique collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of similar properties that better suit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Total Contract
You will want to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Property management companies and individual home owners typically offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives comfort should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
When you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Good luck on booking your rental! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are linked to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you discover problems, or if fixes are needed call the property manager immediately. If there is a difference of opinion about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Often, neighboring homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip significantly more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of tips.
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every room of the rental home to make sure you've collected all valuables.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Many rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for customers to give comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but straightforward about your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to correct the problem.
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. How did they feel about the rental choice? If everything was wonderful, next year's trip planning will be easy. If not, you have acquired useful experience to aid with your next search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.0 miles