- 9 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00612
- Guests Seeking Vibrant Nightlife
- Getaway with Friends
- Substantial Families
Located in the historic Elliottborough neighborhood, this compound is less than a 10 min. walk to Charleston favorites such as Barsa Tapas Parlor & Bar, Prohibition, Leon's, Little Jack's Tavern, and The Daily.
This compound is composed of four separate units; Neptune, Pluto, Jupiter, and Saturn, Neptune includes 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom with a loft; one bedroom includes a queen bed, with a twin-over-full bunk bed in the second bedroom. Additionally, this unit contains 2 twin futons in the loft. Pluto is a studio apartment with a bathroom and kitchenette, with a queen-sized bed in the upstairs loft. Jupiter is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with 2 queen-sized beds and one full bed. Saturn is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home, with 2 full sized beds and a bunk bed with 2 twins. The entire compound contains 7 total bathrooms. The compound has plenty of space, with a living room and thoroughly supplied kitchen in each unit. Neptune and Pluto are inter-connecting, with a door joining the two units. Additional includes of this compound include two front porches, one decorated patio, and three off-street parking spaces. This unit is split between two levels and requires stairs. There is no elevator on the unit.
Guests have access to the entire compound - two apartments and two homes, all on one lot. This compound also includes off-street parking for 3 cars. On-street parking passes available for buy at $5 per car per day- please contact host directly to inquire. On-street parking passes are based on availability.
The Cannonborough / Elliotborough neighborhood of historic downtown Charleston, SC is known best for its laid back, residential streets, and great selection of off the beaten path eateries your the guide books won't tell you about. Grab a casual bite to eat at D'Allesandro's just 1 block away, without a doubt one of the premium pizza stores in Charleston, or for fine dining and authentic Italian cuisine, head to Trattoria Lucca near MUSC.
We're 1 block from King St where just about everything is walkable.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most superb things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber & Lyft
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Our Housekeeping Team members tidy and sanitize all hard surfaces of our holiday homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the most great hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these most amazing practices, our employees, clients, and visitors should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus supply travel guides with savings for rental properties, restaurants and attractions. Be on the lookout for these magazines and promotional books, as this allows vacation goers to discover the same activities with a often considerable discounted.
- Flexible about when you can travel? The off-peak seasons generally offer phenomenal rates on daily rental properties.
- Many management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the Armed forces, or returning vacationers of the same rental. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Is there a particular experience you are most longing for ? If there's a particular Charleston area activity that you love, look for properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed a result of medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental property Advice
Newcomers are often surprised at the range and wide range of weekly rental homes available in the Charleston area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Charleston area gang, from tranquil condos to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and experience to provide easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
We have put together a short guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Where to find and reserve the perfect rental property:
Before you decide to book "The Planets - Urban Style Compound Steps From King Street!", read through our brief collection of things to consider.
Search Early and Often
Charleston area rental properties start booking very early. To guarantee the greatest choice of properties, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area vacation home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Select a Community and Date
Begin by deciding which specific area of Charleston area you'd like to visit, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Beds?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Generally vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Willing to Spend?
Make sure that "The Planets - Urban Style Compound Steps From King Street!" fits your price range *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to booking a costly rental home. One individual in your family will need to be in charge of getting repayments and accepting responsibility for the whole rental price at time of reservation.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Requirements"
What home features is the family searching for? Is a screened deck a requirement? Do you want to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Does the rental have bikes and body boards available for use during your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Grandma and Grandpa will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. The majority of rental postings include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the family visiting with a dog or cat? While quite a few rentals permit cats and dogs, guidelines and charges fluctuate per rental. A number of limitations could dismiss a potential rental home. Study your contract carefully! Service fees may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
Once the location, time and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Besides having distinctive properties, local companies offer you top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the rental management company might know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an extra night. This is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit vacant.
Study The Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal price, visitors must pay local taxes when renting "The Planets - Urban Style Compound Steps From King Street!", as well as any other additional fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each property. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health care emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental contracts require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage immediately after you arrive. If you find damage, or if repairs are required get in touch with the rental manager immediately. If there is a dispute about legal liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Call your property manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call helps prevent many hassles.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Local people will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit considerably more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every room of the rental property to make certain that you've packed all belongings.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Most rental property websites request feedback after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If something was wrong and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the vacation rental wasn't as described, you should make it a point as part of your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your family. Did they enjoy their rental? Maybe everything was exceptional and you are excited to reserve the rental home for next season. Maybe the rental was not quite right, and you'll better understand how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.0 miles