- 9 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00132
- Guests Seeking Vibrant Nightlife
- Getaway with Friends
- Grand Families
Located in the historic Elliottborough neighborhood, this compound is less than a 10 min. walk to Charleston favorites such as Barsa Tapas Parlor & Bar, Prohibition, Leon's, Little Jack's Tavern, and The Daily.
This compound is composed of four separate units; Neptune, Pluto, Jupiter, and Saturn, Neptune includes 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom with a loft; one bedroom includes a queen bed, with a twin-over-full bunk bed in the second bedroom. Additionally, this unit contains 2 twin futons in the loft. Pluto is a studio apartment with a bathroom and kitchenette, with a queen-sized bed in the upstairs loft. Jupiter is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with 2 queen-sized beds and one full bed. Saturn is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home, with 2 full sized beds and a bunk bed with 2 twins. The entire compound contains 7 total bathrooms. The compound has plenty of space, with a living room and completely supplied kitchen in each unit. Neptune and Pluto are inter-connecting, with a door joining the two units. Additional includes of this compound include two front porches, one decorated patio, and three off-street parking spaces. This unit is split between two levels and requires stairs. There is no elevator on the unit.
Guests have access to the entire compound - two apartments and two homes, all on one lot. This compound also includes off-street parking for 3 cars. On-street parking passes available for buy at $5 per car per day- please contact host directly to inquire. On-street parking passes are based on availability.
The Cannonborough / Elliotborough neighborhood of historic downtown Charleston, SC is known most first-rate for its laid back, residential streets, and great selection of off the beaten path eateries your the guide books won't tell you about. Grab a casual bite to eat at D'Allesandro's just 1 block away, without a doubt one of the premium pizza stores in Charleston, or for fine dining and authentic Italian cuisine, head to Trattoria Lucca near MUSC.
We're 1 block from King St where just about everything is walkable.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most meticulous things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties supply Charleston area area printed travel catalogs that feature offers, either offered individually by vendors, or by a partnership between the property manager and the local vendor itself. These guides provide a good start to your rental search.
- Able to alter your trip week? The off-peak shoulder seasons generally offer fantastic rates on rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get special discounts. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a specific activity that you are most getting excited about during your stay? If there's a particular Charleston area activity which you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed a result of medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be shocked to discover how many rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and practical knowledge to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the vacation home search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the right rental property:
Before you start to book "The Planets - Urban Style Compound Steps From King Street!", review our brief checklist of issues to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Like many trendy hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. Many families plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Settle on your Area and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be difficult among family, but the moment this tricky part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are joining your vacation? Consider that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your company. Most rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Commit to a Budget
Most rental properties are marketed with a price range. Confirm the rate for your selected stay. It may be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to booking a costly rental home. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be in charge of the full reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is your family interested in? Is a screened deck a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Are sheets offered with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of "needs and desires" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable home.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Do some people in your party have specialized needs? Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the family visiting with a dog or cat? Even though many rentals permit dogs, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be controlled. Make sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
Several websites exist to match renters with rental home owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from having distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide superb service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Your best potential for a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study the Total Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage when you arrive. We also suggest immediately calling the property manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any needed fixes.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation considerably more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the home for left-behind items. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, decks, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Virtually all rental web sites request comments after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but sincere in regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to correct the problem.
Hold a meeting with your family. Did they enjoy their stay? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific home away from home. If not, you've gained invaluable experience that can help with the next search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.0 miles