About this Property
- Sleeps 5
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This 3 bed / 3 bath marsh front, eco-friendly home was bespoke constructed in 2011 and includes loads of additional upgrades!
This elevated home has a full front porch that greets you immediately as you walk up the front steps. Upon entering the home, you will notice the beautiful open floor plan which flows effortlessly between the kitchen, living and dining spaces and offers an abundance of natural light. The roomy main floor includes a bright, well laid out kitchen equipped with quartz countertops, a tasteful designer backsplash, stainless steel appliances, and farm sink! The broad kitchen island offers counter seating for four people. On the first floor, you will also find an office featuring a pullout couch bed and full bathroom just outside.
The open plan living and dining area leads directly out back to a private, screened in porch overlooking the marsh. Appreciate your morning coffee or sunset drink from the screened porch or entertain guests fire side in the backyard around the patio's fire pit. The expansive back yard also features a bespoke boardwalk deck and ample privacy created by the natural landscape of the marsh and a lush bamboo privacy wall. There is also a mosquito deterrent spray system so you can appreciate the evenings outdoors without pests!
Upstairs, you will find the second guest bedroom featuring a queen size bed, modest desk and ensuite full bathroom featuring bespoke tile and granite countertops. This bedroom also has ample storage with 2 sizable closets. Across the hall, is the huge master suite featuring a king size bed and its own separate sitting area. This master suite has direct access outside to the enormous upstairs balcony with comfortable couch and seating area overlooking the backyard through its chic French doors- providing yet another location to savor striking sunset marsh vistas. The light filled master bathroom has an upsized, bespoke-tiled shower, granite vanity with dual sinks and separate linen closet. There is a stackable washer and dryer conveniently located in the upstairs hallway closet just outside the master suite.
Located in the highly sought after Wagener Terrace Neighborhood, less than a mile away from Hampton, McMahon & Hester Parks. Piedmont Avenue is a mins. drive to the Citadel, Joe Riley Riverdogs Stadium, Publix, The Arthur Christopher Rec Center + Herbert Hassel pool. Walk, bicycle or drive to many of The Peninsula's top award winning eateries and trendiest bars, such as Park Cafe, Purlieu, Moe's Crosstown, Harold's Cabin, Rodney Scott's BBQ, Renzo, Huryali, Little Jacks, Leon's Oyster Shop, Revelry Brewing and Edmund's Oast.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Music Farm and Joseph Manigault House are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Rainbow Market Shopping Center. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the perfect vacation rental experience:
When to visit Charleston & When to book:
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are high season in the Charleston area area. To get the best value, consider shifting your family's Charleston area vacation dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer warm weather, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property managers usually offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Finding the best rental home in Charleston:
- To start, have your group agree to vacation dates and a budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. The Peony Place- 3BD/3BA Marsh Front Home has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed types is normally accessible online. Otherwise, reach out to the property manager before you book your rental. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to work out what configuration is suitable for your family.
- Traveling with pets? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Additional pet fees or might be applied to your contract.
- Visiting for a single attraction or event? Use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
During your stay:
- Be sure you get the owner's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or kitchen appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call prevents a lot of issues.
- Lock your rental while you are out and about. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Record any issues with the rental at check in, and immediately contact the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be very helpful if a dispute is filed.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a great resource to find the best local beaches.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the property to confirm you've collected everything. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a fantastic stay? Most rental home management companies make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was defective and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Hampton Park - 0.4 miles
- The Citadel - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- William Aiken House - 1.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 1.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.7 miles
- Marion Square - 1.8 miles
- City Marina - 1.8 miles