- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00275
Great 1 bedroom studio apartment 6 blocks from upper King St. A brief walk to great food and drinking in the heart of historic Charleston. Queen Bed, 1 full bath, & off-street parking in Charleston's Elliotborough/Cannonborough neighborhoods. This is an on-street unit so there are some street noises from cars.
Savor gracious living in our Charleston home, freshly refurbished everywhere in a sympathetic, modern style. We aim to maximise the experience you ever had with the choice accommodation available.
Guests will have exclusive access to the front half of the first floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the glamourous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its amiable neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic charisma. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very famed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix readily located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all through your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most superb things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most tourism bureaus will send promotional tourism guide books with deals for rental properties, dining and tours. Look for these publications and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to take advantage of the very same wonderful activities with a possibly considerable discounted.
- Is it possible to adjust your trip dates? Shoulder seasons provide terrific opportunities.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for discount rates. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some rental homes are practically catered to particular travelers, whether it's downtown rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their clients the option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Information
First-timers are sometimes shocked at the range and wide selection of daily, weekly and monthly rentals available in the Charleston area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an perfect retreat to suit their Charleston area crew, from calm condos to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property owners typically choose management companies to assist with marketing, housekeeping services and maintenance tasks.
Below are some tips and techniques to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
How to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Before you start to book "The Orchid House (Suite A) - Historic Downtown", read through our brief checklist of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many desirable hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked very early. To ensure the most desirable selection of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Charleston area rental home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Agreement can be tricky between family members, but as soon as this tricky part is complete everything will start to drop in place.
How Many Beds?
Establish who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what sort of bedroom setup you will need. Be mindful that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for your family. Generally vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Make a Budget
Make certain "The Orchid House (Suite A) - Historic Downtown" works with your price range *during your desired week*. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure that each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental contracts require a single person to be in charge of the entire reservation.
What home features is the family interested in? Are you looking for a rental property with outside lounge? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home charge? Make a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Appropriate access can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Don't forget to include your companion! Although a number of vacation homes permit pets, guidelines and charges fluctuate per property. Many restrictions may possibly dismiss a prospective rental property. Be sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Where to Search
When the place, dates and people are decided, search multiple resources to get the best rental home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies often times have an exclusive collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
Read the full contract and make sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you'd like to Cancel
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Get Contact Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage as soon as you arrive. We also suggest promptly calling the rental manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any required fixes.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Residents frequently live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation a good deal more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to make certain that you've collected all valuables.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Nearly all rental management company web sites request testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything went wrong and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the property was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their vacation? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic rental unit. If the property was not quite right, and you'll better know how to improve your search for the next time.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.4 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles