- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Car Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00414
Our 2-story, second/third floor apartment has been freshly modernized and has a mid-century modern style interior while maintaining the historic downtown Charleston magic. Throughout the apartment you’ll find beautiful, fresh furnishings atop wood floors, chic light fixtures, exposed brick, vaulted ceilings, fireplaces, exposed beams & more.
This unit includes:
A comfortable living room. After entering through the home’s main-entrance, visitors will walk up a full flight up stairs, through the front door to the apartment, and into the living room that has a dazzling, modern interior. Our living room includes an L-shaped couch, 2 fresh accent chairs, a coffee table, and a HD flatscreen TV mounted on the wall making it the ultimate space to converse and relax after a long day of exploring beautiful Charleston.
A entirely-supplied kitchen. Our kitchen comes completely supplied with an oven, stovetop, standard size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, and all of your other kitchen needs. Here you will also find the washer and dryer. You will feel right at home preparing with our vintage style appliances while reminiscing about the good ole’ days.
THREE bedrooms. The first bedroom and bathroom, located on the main/2nd floor, includes generous bay windows that bring the ideal amount of light and warmth into this space. This master bedroom includes a king-sized bed, two bedside tables, a ceiling fan, a flat-screen TV mounted on the wall, a fireplace, a enormous dresser, and a modest sitting area. Attached to the bedroom is a master bathroom, which includes brand new tile, fixtures, stone countertop, sink, mirror, and a glass standup shower.
Walk up another full flight of stairs to the third floor to find two additional loft-style bedrooms, a peaceful workspace with a desk and chair, a second full bathroom, AND a game/playroom ideal for families with young children. Both loft-style bedrooms feature queen-sized beds, wall mounted flat-screen TV’s, bedside tables, a dresser, and a clothing rack. The second full bathroom also includes brand new tile, fixtures, sink, mirror, and a glass stand-up shower.
With 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a enormous living room, thoroughly-supplied kitchen/dining area- as well as having a playroom and peaceful workspace, you can check off all of the items on your ‘Explore Historic Charleston’ Bucket List, while savoring your own private space to come home to.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd & 3rd floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can park your car on the street with the parking passes supplied by our team. There is a modest spot in the front of the home for unloading only which makes packing and unpacking a wind. Parking is included for 1 car on street with a parking pass FOR STAYS 3 DAYS OR LESS. Stays 3 days or longer, please inquire with our team to see if we can accommodate, otherwise please plan on using 1 of the local garages within walking distance to park.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the choice things to do and see.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you promotional travel guides with savings for vacation rentals, restaurants and activities. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high pricing.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for discounts. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Is there a particular activity that you are mainly longing for during your stay? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the family activities and points of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
First-timers are likely to be shocked at the number and wide variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Charleston area area. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to come across a rental which matches their desires and price range.
The majority of rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Owners often select management companies to facilitate promoting and marketing, housekeeping services and repairs and maintenance.
We've assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Finding and booking the best vacation property:
Before you book "Casa Azul (Suite B) - 3 Beds/2 Baths - Historic Downtown Charleston - 2 Blocks from Xiao Bao Biscuit", review our brief checklist of things to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Charleston area vacation rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the best choice of vacation homes, we suggest searching and booking your Charleston area rental Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plot their Summer vacations..
Choose your Area and Vacation Week
Start by determining which particular area of Charleston area you'd like to browse, and the choose trip dates.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental home
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the company. Most rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Make sure "Casa Azul (Suite B) - 3 Beds/2 Baths - Historic Downtown Charleston - 2 Blocks from Xiao Bao Biscuit" works with your price range *during your desired week*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to booking a costly vacation property. A single individual in your company will need to be responsible for collecting repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of booking.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you primarily desire a home with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Would you like to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental fee? Make a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Suitable accessibility can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Think About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the family travelling with a dog? Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines can vary. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when animals are added.
The best places to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies frequently have a unique assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
When you've found your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Go Through The Contract
Read the complete agreement and be certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular rate, visitors must pay local taxes when renting "Casa Azul (Suite B) - 3 Beds/2 Baths - Historic Downtown Charleston - 2 Blocks from Xiao Bao Biscuit", in addition to various other fees that may be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental Home
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any critical repairs. This may protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of advice.
- Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all rental home management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but straightforward with regards to your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to correct the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they feel about the rental home? We hope this guide steered you to a great vacation rental. If the rental was not quite right, and you'll better recognize how to refine your search for the next time.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles