- As low as $144/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Fitness center
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
Looking for a opulent place to stay in the heart of the Charleston? Look no further than The Lookout! This handsome one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment is freshly remodeled and features striking water vistas- some of the best in the city! With a cavernous, bright layout and charmingly located on the corner of King Street and Murray Boulevard across from White Point Gardens, this apartment is ideal for your 30+ day rental. Book now for an memorable stay!
This apartment is located in the only high rise you will find South of Broad in the chic Fort Sumter House. The building offers luxury amenities including a pool, gym, and 24 hour security. Enter into Suite 601 and you are immediately greeted by the gorgeous water vistas of the Ashley River. The open living room features a comfortable couch, two chairs for calming and a Intelligent TV. Open to the living room is the newly refreshed kitchen. Here you will find a bar top with seating for two, stainless steel appliances, plenty of cabinet space and a breakfast nook with a table with seating for two. The bedroom is thoughtfully designed to include a queen size bed, dresser, and a roomy closet. The bathroom features handsome tile and a tub/shower combo with a glass door. The balcony may the finest feature of this apartment- here you will find two comfortable chairs and a modest table, ideal for appreciating your morning cup of coffee or evening glass of wine. The Lowcountry sunsets you will witness here will be unforgettable!
The Fort Sumter House is not pet friendly. Parking is readily available on the street around the building as well as in the parking area to the right of the building on a first come, first serve basis.
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests staying with Duvet Homes have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston. This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch, dinner, trendy beverages, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $30 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $50 per person: Saturdays
Monthly passes can be purchased for a discounted rate *Access to the Wonderer is Subject to change based on Seasonality, Weather factors, and are first come, first serve, so please make sure to confirm operating hours for the dates of your stay. Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 6 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 6+ rent a Cabana.
All guests must be at least 25 years or older to access the Club and must consent (in writing) to the Club Rules and Regulations.
*Please also note that Duvet Homes is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Supplied With Each Stay:
We provide enough of the following items to get you started: Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion), Mini Dish/Laundry Detergents & Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WIfi
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Other Things To Note:
Our Housekeeping Team members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated. Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
About the Area
This apartment is located in Charleston Historic District, a neighborhood in Charleston. Calhoun Mansion and Edmonston-Alston House are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best vacation property experience:
Money saving strategies:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can book, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Summer time is high season in the Charleston area area. Booking your Charleston area vacation home in Fall or Spring is a great way to save money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable properties.
- Owners sometimes offer special rates for veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitor guides contain offers and deals for nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Filter your search:
- Begin by choosing your vacation dates and a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration you need. The Lookout- 1bd/1ba w. Stunning Water Views! has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts is commonly available online. Otherwise, contact the property management company before you reserve the home. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Some properties allow pets, and some do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Have a great stay:
- Get the property manager's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your .
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you are out! Don't let crooks spoil your holiday.
- Record any issues with the rental during check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be beneficial if a dispute is filed.
- Be respectful. Frequently, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- When it's time to leave, take a final walk-through to make sure you haven't forget any personal items. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property managers rely on great ratings to propel more reservations. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- White Point Garden - 0.1 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 0.2 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.5 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.5 miles
- Washington Square - 0.5 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.6 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.6 miles