- As low as $257/Week
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Video games
- Video library
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Boat on site
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golf privileges (optional)
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Health/beauty spa
- Hiking/biking trails
- Horse riding
- Horse riding nearby
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing
- Kayak on site
- Kayaking nearby
- Motor boating
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Outlet shopping
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 344 sq ft (32 sq m)
- Video library
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water park access
- Water skiing
- Water skiing nearby
- Water sports equipment
- Water sports equipment
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
- Winery tours
About this Property*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. They take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
SEE FOR YOURSELF!
There is more to discover and discover here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charleston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, grandiose and utterly majestic!
Approximately 344-585 square feet, this state of the art studio features 1 Queen Bed or 2 Full Beds, and 1 Couch Bed in the living area including a mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional amenities include: cable T.V., DVD player, coffee maker, microwave, fireplace and refrigerator.
All our luxury resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is happy to do their best to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our best to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to luxury standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is required. Cash is not accepted. After purchase you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have supplied this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Valet Parking (Off-site): Cost: $26 per nighttime for Bluegreen Owners; $35 per nighttime for Non-Bluegreen Owners. Self-Parking: City public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for $2/hour, max $18/day (no moving) or metered street parking. For more information including handicap parking information, please click here.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family pets allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, pets are allowed in RV parks only.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
*** Construction ***
Lodge Alley Inn will be undergoing an interior remodel on all studio units, four two bedroom townhomes, and three courtyard 1br lofts. The courtyard 1br loft renovation will also include removal of spiral staircases and construction of new. Renovation will start roughly 1/2/2022 and end roughly 3/20/2022.
*** Other notes ***
Two-story (loft) units typically have spiral staircases, and other unit types also have staircases. We cannot guarantee unit placement. Due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is included. The Lodge Alley Inn is located in the heart of Downtown Charleston. Due to the urban location of the resort, guests may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental managers and vacation properties supply Charleston area area printed travel guides which feature offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by a relationship between the property management company and the local itself. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Is it possible to adjust your vacation week? Shoulder seasons provide amazing opportunities.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of rental companies offer markdowns to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Is there a specific experience you are most longing for ? You will definitely get the best value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed a result of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected motel stay or additional fuel.
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
First-timers are oftentimes shocked at the number and wide variety of weekly properties available in the Charleston area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to accommodate their Charleston area crew, from relaxing condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Owners frequently choose management companies to facilitate promoting and advertising, house cleaning and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however most beginners will be happy to discover that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
Searching for and booking the right rental:
Before you decide to book "The Lodge Alley Inn, Studio, Parade Through Cultural Capital Of The South", read through our brief checklist of issues to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Charleston area rentals start booking early. For the best selection, start your planning and search Six-12 months before your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Agreement can be tough between close relatives, but the moment this challenging part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
Determine who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what sort of bedroom setup you'll need. Remember that that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Confirm that "The Lodge Alley Inn, Studio, Parade Through Cultural Capital Of The South" fits your budget *during your desired dates*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking a pricey rental property. One member of your family will have to be in charge of collecting payments and accepting responsibility for the whole rental payment at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your group looking for? Do you simply want a property with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Do certain people in your party have specialized needs? Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other individuals in the party travelling with a furry friend? Animals are welcome at many vacation homes, but guidelines differ. Be sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start the Search
Once the area, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local rental management companies proudly offer a first-class vacation experience.
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything required. If lacking, the rental home management company might know of very similar homes that fit your wishes and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Property management companies and individual rental owners often offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should disaster strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any damage as soon as you arrive. Call the rental manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be useful.
- You might need instructions for a fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call avoids many problems.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents often live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay a good deal more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your stay? Nearly all rental websites ask for comments after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing critiques. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but sincere in regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to correct the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Does everyone want to return next year? If everything was outstanding, next year's vacation planning will be simple. Maybe the rental property was not quite right, and you'll better know how to improve your search for the next trip.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles