- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Booking Possible
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Game Room
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Pantry Items
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
About this PropertyEXPERIENCE IS THE BEST INVESTMENT!
Spend your holidays here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charlesston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, sizable and utterly majestic!
Approximately 672-974 square feet, this majestic One- Bedroom Loft includes 1 Queen Bed in the master bedroom, 1 Couch Bed including a full kitchen, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional niceties include: cable TV, DVD player, coffee maker, microwave, fireplace and refrigerator.
All our opulence resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is thrilled to do their most great to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our most striking to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to extravagance standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is mandatory. Cash is not accepted. After buy you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have included this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for visitors staying less than 7 days. For visitors staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
Auxilliary parking is available for visitors/handicap plate or sticker, no charge, one car allowed per reservation. Note: No trailers, RVs, motorbikes, or oversize cars allowed. No exceptions!
For visitors who may want to self park:
Off-site valet parking is also available for a daily rate $22/nighttime along with visitors who may want to park the car in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for a daily rate of $18/day. This rate applies from 6 am to 12 midnight. Beyond that, the rate is $1 per half hour. Futhermore, the resort will not be responsible for any loss or damages to cars while parked in public garages.
City public parking phone# (843) 805-3232.
No dogs and cats allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, family dogs and cats are allowed in RV parks only.
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
Each of our unit's are advertised on numerous different sites for our travelers. Each site has their own respective cancellation policies:
• All of our units advertised on HomeAway/Vacation Rental By Owner TripAdvisor and any of their affiliate sites follow under HomeAway’s Firm Cancellation Policy:
Firm- Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive a 50% refund.
• Our cancellation policy for all of our listings on Airbnb fall under Airbnb’s strict cancellation policy:
According to the Strict cancellation policy, visitors may receive a full refund if they cancel within 48 hours of renting and at least 14 full days prior to the listing’s local check-in time. After 48 hours visitors are only entitled to a 50% refund regardless of how far the check-in date is.
A guest will also receive a 50% refund of the accommodation costs if the cancellation is made at least 7 days prior to the check-in time for the renting. If this is not done then no refund will be given at all. Finally, there is no refund given all at if a guest decides to cancel after check-in.
Please be informed that there will be a few modernization projects taking place on unit beginning February, 2020 with an anticipated completion date in June, 2020. Expect that there will be disturbances associated with the work being conducted during your stay. However, we will do our peerless to limit the noise, and dust on site due to the remodel. Thank you for your understanding as we continue create a better holiday experience for our visitors.
Due to the urban location of the resort, visitors may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and discount books, since this allows visitors to take advantage of those terrific attractions at a possibly considerable discounted.
- Prefer to stay away from the crowds of people? The off-peak seasons typically offer terrific rates on rental properties.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the US Military, or repeat vacationers to the same vacation home. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a markdown.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific types of visitors. Event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most directly suits your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners frequently offer their clients the option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
Newcomers tend to be shocked at the range and variety of weekly vacation rentals available in the Charleston area area. With such a wide selection, vacationers are sure to select a property that fits their expectations and price range.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are critical in helping families with reserving, checking-in, house cleaning, and any routine service problems that may arise.
We've constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the best rental home:
Do you think "The Lodge Alley Inn, 1 Bedroom Loft Sleeps Four, Stroll Through The Scenery" is the best rental home for your next family vacation? Browse through this check list to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Charleston area rental properties are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the best selection of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area rental 6-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental..
Choose your Town and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be difficult between relatives, but once this difficult part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
Selecting an Correctly-Sized Rental
Establish who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you will need. Try to remember that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Generally rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Spend?
Check to make sure "The Lodge Alley Inn, 1 Bedroom Loft Sleeps Four, Stroll Through The Scenery" works with your price range *during your desired week*. If several groups or relatives are sharing the cost, check to make sure each group understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. One member of your company will have to be in charge of collecting repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental price at time of booking.
What amenities is your group looking for? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental home with open-air kitchen? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Are linens offered with the rental agreement, or will you need to take your own? Gather a list of "necessities and wants" from your group to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Adequate accessibility could make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Are you or other people in the crew travelling with a family dog? Even though quite a few vacation homes allow cats and dogs, guidelines and fees fluctuate per property. A number of constraints may dismiss a prospective rental. Study your agreement thoroughly! Charges may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
The best places to Search
Several websites exist to match renters with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from offering distinctive rental properties, local companies offer you top-notch service..
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation rental has everything you need. If it is lacking, the rental management company may know of similar properties that fit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest potential for a lower rate is switching to an off-season week.
Study the Entire Contract
Read the entire agreement and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental agreements require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Where to Get Help
Be sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. We also suggest promptly getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any repairs.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Be respectful of the local community. More often than not, adjacent homes are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of advice. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Always make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the property to be certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all rental home management companies and rental websites allow customers to give comments. If the rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but honest with regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Use Your Experience
Did they like the property? With a little luck everything turned out to be ideal and you're ready to reserve the rental for your next vacation. If not, you have acquired valuable experience that will help with another search.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles