- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Booking Possible
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Pantry Items
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
About this PropertyWELCOME TO THE LAND OF MYSTERY~
There is more to discover and discover here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charlesston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, splendid and utterly majestic!
Approximately 492-900 square feet, this commodios One- Bedroom resort suite includes 1 Queen Bed in the master bedroom, 1 Couch Bed including a kitchenette, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional niceties include: cable TV, DVD player, coffee maker, microwave, gas fireplace and refrigerator.
All our extravagance resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is cheerful to do their most elegant to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our peerless to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to opulence standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is mandatory. Cash is not accepted. After buy you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have supplied this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for visitors staying less than 7 days. For visitors staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is calming and well-served to your satisfaction.
Auxilliary parking is available for visitors/handicap plate or sticker, no charge, one car allowed per reservation. Note: No trailers, RVs, motorbikes, or oversize cars allowed. No exceptions!
For visitors who may want to self park:
Off-site valet parking is also available for a daily rate $22/nighttime along with visitors who may want to park the car in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for a daily rate of $18/day. This rate applies from 6 am to 12 midnight. Beyond that, the rate is $1 per half hour. Futhermore, the resort will not be responsible for any loss or damages to cars while parked in public garages.
City public parking phone# (843) 805-3232.
No family dogs and cats allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, dogs and cats are allowed in RV parks only.
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
Each of our unit's are advertised on multiple different sites for our travelers. Each site has their own respective cancellation policies:
• All of our units advertised on HomeAway/Vacation Rental By Owner TripAdvisor and any of their affiliate sites follow under HomeAway’s Firm Cancellation Policy:
Firm- Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive a 50% refund.
• Our cancellation policy for all of our listings on Airbnb fall under Airbnb’s strict cancellation policy:
According to the Strict cancellation policy, visitors may receive a full refund if they cancel within 48 hours of renting and at least 14 full days prior to the listing’s local check-in time. After 48 hours visitors are only entitled to a 50% refund regardless of how far the check-in date is.
A guest will also receive a 50% refund of the accommodation costs if the cancellation is made at least 7 days prior to the check-in time for the renting. If this is not done then no refund will be given at all. Finally, there is no refund given all at if a guest decides to cancel after check-in.
Please be informed that there will be a few modernization projects taking place on unit beginning February, 2020 with an anticipated completion date in June, 2020. Expect that there will be disturbances associated with the work being conducted during your stay. However, we will do our most exemplary to limit the noise, and dust on site due to the remodel. Thank you for your understanding as we continue create a better holiday experience for our visitors.
Due to the urban location of the resort, visitors may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will offer you guides with promotions for rental properties, restaurants and tours. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Wish to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high pricing.
- Many rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat vacation goers to the same vacation home. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a special offer.
- Is there a specific activity that you are most anticipating ? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sights you are most looking forward to.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners generally offer their customers the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides guests reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed due to medical emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Some people are shocked to discover how many vacation rentals are available in their area of interest. With such a big selection, guests are certain to select a vacation home that fits their expectations and spending plan.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in helping guests with booking, check-in, housekeeping, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
Here are some tips and techniques to help you understand the rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the right vacation property:
Before you book "The Lodge Alley Inn, Charleston, South Carolina, 1 Bedroom Stairs", review our short list of points to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Charleston area rental properties start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months before your vacation. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Consensus can often be challenging among close relatives, but once this tricky part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Bear in mind that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your family. Most rental home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are presented with a cost range. Determine the cost for your desired stay. It may be at the top end of the range. If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure that each person understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. A single individual in your family needs to be responsible for getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is the family interested in? Do you just desire a vacation rental with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental charge? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Do individual members of your crew have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. Almost all property listings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your companion! Pets are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but policies differ. Many restrictions might eliminate a potential vacation property. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Extra charges may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
After the place, time and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local property management companies take pride in a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental home management company may know of comparable homes that suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an extra night. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-season when many properties sit vacant.
Read the Total Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal price, visitors have to pay local taxes when booking "The Lodge Alley Inn, Charleston, South Carolina, 1 Bedroom Stairs", as well as any other fees which might be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a pet fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal hospital emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To assure no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. Call the property manager right away to report your findings.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Locals are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a visit a good deal more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a lttle bit. Despite the fact that you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental really needs to be in good condition. Sinks filled with dirty dishes, surplus beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should be remedied before you leave.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to confirm no damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Most rental management company sites ask for feedback after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. How did they like the property? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning will be quick. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that will help with the next search.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles