- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Included In Price
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyLocated on James Island centrally located between downtown Charleston and Folly Beach both being less than a 10 min drive. Live like an Islander designed and inspired by historical downtown Charleston. Walk out the front door and hop on the 1.5 mile paved walking path around the neighborhood and catch a glimpse of what Charleston's nature has to offer or take a brief 1.2 mile drive to James Island County Park for more fun activities (kayaking, pedal boat, etc). OP2018-00372
The one bedroom townhouse is located in a peaceful, family amicable neighborhood.
- Beach umbrella, beach towels, and chairs, beach caddy and other beach equipment will be available for visitors use.
- ***Free water bottles, eggs, waffle/pancake mix with waffle maker***
- Free coffee bar will be available by March 1.
- Located ~5 miles from Folly beach and ~2 miles to the connector to downtown Charleston. Walmart is ~1/2 mile without having to cross through a major road.
- James Island County Park: (Website hidden by Airbnb)
- Condiments and any other items may be left in the refrigerator. Everything in the refrigerator, freezer, and dry storage is from myself or the Airbnb community and is for complimentary use.
- I did say no family dogs and cats, but I'm fine with little dogs that don't make too much noise or chews things.
Please ask me anything. I am always merry to accommodate.
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send promotional travel guide books with promotions for rental properties, dining and attractions. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Want to stay away from the crowds? Shoulder seasons special offer outstanding promotions.
- Many property management companies and owners offer discounts for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or repeat guests of the same rental. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a specific experience you are mainly looking forward to ? If there's a particular Charleston area atteaction you simply love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Property management companies and individual home owners often offer their guests an opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a result of personal health emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are surprised to learn the number of rental homes can be found in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in helping families with booking, check-in, housekeeping, as well as repairs and maintenance issues that may occur.
Here are some ideas and techniques to help you navigate the rental home search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the best rental:
Do you believe "The Island Getaway: James Island/Folly Beach Free parking." is the perfect rental property for your upcoming trip? Read through this guide to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search Six-12 months prior to your vacation. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for groups to plan their Summer escapes..
Choose your Place and Travel Week
Consensus can be tough between relatives, but the moment this challenging part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
Selecting an Properly-Sized Vacation rental
Confirm who is going, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you should have. Bear in mind that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Most vacation rentals are marketed with a price range. Confirm the cost for your desired week. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking a pricey rental home. A single member of your company must be given the task of getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What amenities is the group looking for? Do you only desire a home with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Does the rental have bicycles and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of priority features to facilitate narrow your search.
Special Factors to consider
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your companion! Pets are welcome at a number of rental properties, but guidelines differ. A number of restrictions could eliminate a potential rental property. Ensure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Searching the Internet
A number of websites exist to match renters with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything required. If it is lacking, the home management company may know of comparable homes that fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Total Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard rate, vacationers must pay local taxes when renting "The Island Getaway: James Island/Folly Beach Free parking.", in addition to various other fees which might be required depending on their situation, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damages soon after you arrive. If you discover damage, or if repairs are required call the home manager right away. This can protect against disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no damage occurred during your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Many rental sites request feedback after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything was wrong and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you'll want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your family. Did they love their stay? Maybe everything turned out to be ideal and you are ready to reserve the same rental home for your next vacation. If not, you've gained useful rental search experience to help with another search.
- James Island County Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 4.2 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 4.2 miles
- White Point Garden - 4.3 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 4.4 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 4.5 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 4.5 miles
- Washington Square - 4.7 miles