- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Outdoor Lighting
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00479
Our voluminous ground floor carriage home, ‘Haven Home’, is ideal for groups of 2-4 visitors (a pullout couch is supplied for an additional guest or two) with 1 bedroom, 1 full bath. Located just off of Ashley Ave Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own flat path entrance/exit, Haven includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Breakfast bar with two stool seats and living-room with high vaulted ceilings. Queen bedroom is located off of the living room, with 1 full bathroom. The bedroom is supplied with flat-screen Intelligent TV, Xfinity cable and opulent 100% cotton Spanish sheets. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Totally supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level. Full-size Washer/Dryer on-site as well. Keurig coffee maker with reusable K-Cups for your appreciation.
Guests will have exclusive access to the entire 1 level carriage home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull one car off the street and into a driveway/parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
Owner's patio is not for guest use.
Escape the tourists and experience what it is to live like a local in Charleston peninsula’s fastest growing Wagener Terrace neighborhood. Only a brief 20-min. walk to King Street or a 7 min. Uber ride, you’re close to all the action of Downtown Charleston, as well as a multitude of great local eateries. Go for a morning jog or long walk around Charleston’s biggest park - Hampton Park - and stop by one of multiple great neighborhood spots for a morning coffee and bite. Savor the fantastic new culinary scene around “the Neck” including Rodney Scott’s, Leon’s Oyster Shop, Park Cafe, Edmund’s Oast (and their new brewpub!), Rutledge Cab Co., Taco Boy, Palmetto Brewery, Revelry Brewery, Goat Sheep Cow, Lewis Barbeque, and more! When you are done for the day, appreciate an evening walk down to the Citadel, Ashley River or to Lowndes Grove - the only remaining plantation home on the peninsula.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the choice things to do and see.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber & Lyft
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WIfi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Family Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, libations, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
28+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property management companies and vacation rental properties provide Charleston area area traveller discount magazines which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by merchants, or utilizing a partnership between the property management company and the local vendor itself. These guides provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Prefer to avoid the crowds of people? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer terrific rates on rental accommodations.
- Are you a military veteran? Some property management companies offer rate reductions to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some properties are particularly suited for specific types of travellers. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and sights you are most excited about.
- Consider getting trip insurance along with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned motel stay or extra fuel.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to uncover just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, guests are certain to come across a rental that meets their desires and budget.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and working experience to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the property owner..
We've constructed a short guide to assist you in getting most from your rental home experience.
Where to find and reserve a great vacation home:
Do you believe "The Haven Home - 1 Bed/1 Bath - 3 Blocks to King St. - 1 Block to Hampton Park!" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming trip? Read this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area rental properties start booking early. To assure the most desirable choice of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and booking your Charleston area rental 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plot their Summer vacations..
Choose your Place and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be tricky among family, but once this complicated part is complete everything will begin to fall in place.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. If not, contact the property owner before you book.
Create a Spending Limit
Does your favorite rental home fit your budget during that popular Summer week? If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, confirm that everyone understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. One individual in your party needs to be given the task of gathering repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your group looking for? Are you looking for a vacation property with patio lounge? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental charge? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Do members of your crew have specific needs? Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Remember to include your pets. While many rental homes permit household pets, rules and charges vary per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds may be limited. Examine your agreement carefully! Fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Its Time to Search
A number of websites exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies typically have a unique collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be sure the rental home has everything required. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of similar homes that suit your wishes and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an additional night. Negotiating rates is more effective during the off-season when many rental homes sit empty.
Study the Entire Agreement
Read the entire agreement and make sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Vacation home management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental rate, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health care emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Make sure that you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property right away. We also suggest promptly phoning the property manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any critical repairs. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will probably be very helpful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Many times, surrounding properties are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of suggestions.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every space of the rental home to make sure you've collected all valuables.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to make sure no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit customers to provide comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was great, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something was wrong and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Does everybody want to re-book next year? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning is going to be painless. Maybe the rental was not quite right, and you will better know how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- Hampton Park - 0.4 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.4 miles
- The Citadel - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.9 miles
- Charleston Museum - 1.0 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.0 miles
- Marion Square - 1.1 miles
- City Marina - 1.2 miles