About this Property
- Sleeps 16
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 4400 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
The Dunes on Coming is a impressive Charleston duplex is just 2 blocks to the sightseeing & eateries of Upper King Street in downtown Charleston. Each suite - one 1st-floor suite one 2nd-floor suite connected by an interior staircase - includes 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms and sleeps up to 16 guests. This property was modernized down to the studs in 2019 by a local developer to create an impeccable combination of modern luxury with old southern appeal.
The Dunes on Coming is entirely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permits OP2021-02266 and OP2021-02267 and business license BL026327.
This original 1840 pre-Civil war era 8-bedroom, 8-bathroom Charleston duplex was charmingly reimagined by a professional architect and interior designer with a convenient interior staircase. Every bedroom has its own on-suite bathroom! This property was refreshed completely down to the studs in 2019 by a local Charleston developer to create an impeccable combination of modern luxury with old southern charm. We acquired it under our Dunes brand in October 2021.
⭐️ Each suite contains its own completely-equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances (one kitchen in each suite), cabinets and all the dishes, cookware, bakeware, stemware and silverware you'll need if you decide to prepare at the property.
⭐️ Each of the two living rooms have a dining table which can seat 4-6 guests, a Queen size pull-out couch and flat screen TV.
⭐️ The 1st-level bedrooms have one king bed and three queen beds, each with hotel linens and mounted flat-screen TVs.
⭐️ The 2nd-level bedrooms have one king bed, two queen beds, and a bunk bed with double & full beds, each with hotel linens and mounted flat-screen TVs.
⭐️ The 8 full bathrooms feature bespoke tile, stall showers, hotel towels and toiletries.
⭐️ Each suite has its own Charleston porch with calming seating and a private, fenced driveway and backyard.
⭐️ The property's private parking lot can accommodate 3 cars. If you'd like to park in the driveway itself, you're welcome to do so in order to have parking for additional cars. Please just keep in mind you'll then be blocking in any guest parking in the parking lot.
⭐️ Guests savor complimentary linens, towels, toiletries, TP, paper towels, coffee maker and coffee supplies, complimentary Cable & WiFi, and painless keypad check-in and check-out as with all of our CVP properties!
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 dishwasher tabs, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 2 packs of coffee and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are numerous convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
Guests have access to the front door through the keypad. The door code is given prior to the day of arrival.
⭐️ The home contains 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms. Each bedroom has its own bathroom!
⭐️ The furnished porch is just outside the front door to each suite.
⭐️ One 4-bedroom, 4-bathroom suite is on the first floor and another 4-bedroom, 4-bathroom suite is on the second floor.
⭐️ Private driveway with space for 3 cars.
What do we appreciate about this neighborhood? Everything!
Each home is unique. The culinary scene for which the Charleston has become so famed is just steps away. The marvelous eateries and nightlife of Upper King Street are close enough to walk but far enough to not keep you up all nighttime.
The home is located in the heart of the striking and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic charm. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Ordinary, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Estadio, Cannon Green, Maison, Chez Nous, Chubby Fish, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and baked treats. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, book stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix grocery conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to College of Charleston (CofC), the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), and Roper Hospital.
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just a block from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: We do allow family pets at our properties. 2 PET MAXIMUM. The pet fee is $125 per pet, per stay, and is nonrefundable. Please let us know at the time of booking if you plan to bring pets. Paperwork must supplied for all service animals. Please crate dogs when leaving the property. Please do not allow dogs on furnishings, in beds, linens or sheets. Our pet fee reimburses our cleaning expenses for additional time required to eliminate all pet hair and pet odors upon your departure. Please ensure your dog is up to date on flea medication and all vaccinations. Please dispose of all dog poop in a plastic bag and put it in the green trash cans outside.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 11pm daily, so please be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for four straight years. You will adore everything this gorgeous historic city has to offer, especially the warm Southern hospitality in which residents take such great pride. Come see what all the fuss is about...you might just want to move here!!
Interaction with Guests:
Upon booking confirmation, guests receive the link to our digital guidebook and instructions for your stay. The digital guidebook contains a map of our properties, a list of local eateries and bars, and a list of things to do and sites to see. Also available directly on our website!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Charleston City Market. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 50 lbs)
Booking the best vacation rental experience:
Sticking to your spending budget:
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacations during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is high season in Charleston. Reserve your vacation home in Fall or Spring to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Some hosts offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if rate reductions are available for your family before you book.
- Property management companies frequently offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guides contain offers and deals for local accommodations and attractions.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Select a group leader, select your dates, and choose a max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your family needs. C.1840 8BD/8BA Modern Chic Duplex
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is usually available on booking pages. If they are not listed, email or call the property manager before you book your rental. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to determine what is best for your vacation.
- If your group is bringing pets, you'll need to find a property that allows animals. Request details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Some property managers charge additional pet fees.
- If there's a specific Charleston area attraction you crave, look for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater to your needs.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental.
More tips for your visit:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the instructions to your phone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, stereo or WIFI setup. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent quite a few concerns.
- Keep your rental home locked while you are away! Don't let thieves ruin your trip.
- To make certain damages are not linked to your family's stay, make a record of any problem areas when you arrive. Speak to the rental manager right away to record any issues. If there is a dispute, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Be respectful. Frequently, surrounding homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- At departure, take a walk-through to make sure you haven't leave anything behind. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property owners rely on good reviews to stimulate future reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review find their best vacation home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles