- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00279
Our sizable ground floor apartment, ‘The Dugout’, is just right for groups of 4-6 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 1 bedroom, 1 full bath. Located just off of Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, The Dugout includes an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or relish a meal. Sizable living room with 55" HD Roku TV. Bedrooms are located on the ground level, with 1 full bathroom off of the main living room. Each of these bedrooms with its own flat screen Roku powered TV and Queen sized bed. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Thoroughly supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level.
Guests will have access to the entire space along with all the appliances and amenities supplied with the listing. The unit is 1 of 3 units total in the building.
The home is located in the heart of the glamourous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its amiable neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic charisma. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very acclaimed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix handily located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all over your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the premium things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus will offer you printed guide books with special offers for rental properties, restaurants and tours. Be on the lookout for these publications and promotional books, since this allows vacationers to discover the same wonderful activities at a typically considerable discounted.
- Desire to steer clear of the crowds? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get cost savings. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a certain activity you are most longing for during your stay? If there's a certain Charleston area activity you simply love, search for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Rental companies and individual home owners generally offer guests an opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
First-timers are often times shocked at the range and wide range of daily, weekly and monthly vacation rentals available in the Charleston area area. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to discover a rental that suits their wishes and budget.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners mainly because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Below are great tips and strategies to help you understand the rental search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the best rental:
Before you start to book "The Dugout - 1 Bed / 1 Bath Downtown", examine our short list of considerations.
Start Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation rentals start booking early. To guarantee the greatest selection of properties, we advise searching and reserving your Charleston area rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental..
Select your Town and Travel Week
Start by picking which particular area of Charleston area you want to explore, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Beds?
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the party. Most rental listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Shell out?
Make certain "The Dugout - 1 Bed / 1 Bath Downtown" suits your budget *during your desired week*. If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, confirm that each party knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental documents call for a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Rental Home Features
What property features is your group interested in? Do you only desire a home with a swimming pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home fee? Make a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Are you or other people in the family traveling with a family dog? Animals are welcome at many rentals, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and breeds could be controlled. You'll want to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when pets are added.
Its Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to having exclusive rental properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've located your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Negotiating rates is more effective throughout the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Read The Agreement
Read the whole agreement and make certain you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard rate, vacationers will have to pay local taxes when renting "The Dugout - 1 Bed / 1 Bath Downtown", as well as any other additional fees which might be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Bear in mind that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the property owner.
Where to Get Help
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also suggest immediately calling the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any repairs.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, property access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Please be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a little. Although you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The vacation home should really be in sound condition. Sinks stuffed with dishes, excessive sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be remedied before you leave.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Nearly all rental sites seek reviews after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing ratings. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you will want to note that in your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a meeting with your family. Does everybody want to return next year? With a little luck everything was fantastic and you're happy to re-book the same rental for your next vacation. Maybe the rental was not quite right, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next vacation.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.4 miles
- City Marina - 0.4 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles