- As low as $175/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Welcome to The Chapel Carriage House by AvantStay!
Located behind a former wedding chapel in Downtown Charleston, this carriage home contains two suites, each with separate entrances for added privacy. Rustic wood floors, sleek furnishings, and huge windows throughout add a modern touch and airy ambiance to the historic building. A bottom floor suite also accepts immediate access to a unique shared outdoor patio that flaunts an outdoor dining area for the ultimate al fresco dining experience.
AvantStay provides an modren experience with services that elevate your stay and save time so you can savor every moment. Guests have access to a 24/7 support team. Whether it’s refrigerator stocking or in-home massages, AvantStay offers a variety of upgrades & experiences to enhance your stay.
Nearby Attractions: The Battery, The Charleston Museum, Upper King Street, Xaio Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Warehouse, Chez Nous, Josephine Wine Bar, Wildflour Pastry, College of Charleston.
Calling all history buffs, beach lovers, and fans of Southern cuisine! Charleston should be on everybody’s bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits you’ll ever have. Whether it’s walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the five beach towns that comprise Charleston’s 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to multiple impressive beaches.
- The fire pit is shared between 3 properties.
- This home accepts a max. of 2 family family pets. But pets must be approved in advance and are subject to an additional fee of $150 per pet and a deposit of $300. If undisclosed pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- Please note our occupancy includes an additional two beyond bed count. Trifold floor beds and additional linens can be included upon request.
The parking area is shared with other units.
There are 2 available spots for this unit.
This home comes with a pack n' play travel crib and a high chair available.
The room configuration is as follows:
Master Bedroom / Queen bed
Bedroom 2 / Queen bed
Bedroom 3 / King bed
Bedroom 4 / King bed
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been supplied in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 28 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be supplied for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
Operational Permit OP2023-03440
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. American Theater and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
How to book the best Charleston rental experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- To get the best value, consider shifting your group's vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer pleasant temperatures, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Some property managers offer rate reductions for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Booking websites usually offer their guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Many property management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guides which will include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Start by selecting your potential vacation weeks and a spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group requires. The Chapel Carriage House Suite B by AvantStay
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is normally available online. If not, call the property owner before reserving the rental. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms. You will need to establish what configuration is right for your trip.
- If your family is bringing pets, search for a pet-friendly rental. Get information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Some property managers charge additional pet fees.
- Does your family require specific amenities? Most websites include search filters for amenities. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the perfect rental.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking
Considerations for your stay:
- Put the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are out, just like you would back home.
- During check-in, make note of any issues with the property and immediately alert the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Respect the neighborhood. Frequently, surrounding homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- At departure, take a walk-through to confirm you didn't leave anything behind. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can. If the property manager is not available, take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Hosts rely on great ratings to propel more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles