About this Property
- Sleeps 20
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
*Please note that this is a buyout of two separate suites (first floor & second floor) for a total of 8 bedrooms.*
Welcome to The Carriage House Buyout, an AvantStay home!
Located behind a former wedding chapel in Downtown Charleston, this carriage home contains two suites, each with separate entrances for added privacy. Rustic wood floors, sleek furnishings, and huge windows throughout add a modern touch and airy ambiance to the historic building. A bottom floor suite also accepts immediate access to a unique shared outdoor patio that flaunts a hot tub, outdoor dining area, and enormous grille for the ultimate al fresco dining experience.
AvantStay provides an fresh experience with services that elevate your stay and save time so you can savor every moment. Guests have access to a 24/7 support team and a tech-enabled concierge to book services, such as refrigerator stocking, mid-stay cleanings, and private chefs. For anything you need (or never knew you needed), we're at your service!
Nearby Attractions: The Battery, The Charleston Museum, Upper King Street, Xaio Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Warehouse, Chez Nous, Josephine Wine Bar, Wildflour Pastry, College of Charleston.
Calling all history buffs, beach lovers, and fans of Southern cuisine! Charleston should be on everybody's bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits you'll ever have. Whether it's walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the five beach towns that comprise Charleston's 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to multiple gorgeous beaches.
- This is a second-story unit with no elevators. NOT HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE.
- Unfortunately, family pets are not allowed at this home. If undisclosed pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- The hot tub, outdoor grille, and fire pit are shared between 3 properties.
Two off-street parking passes for guests
This home comes with a pack n' play travel crib and a high chair available.
The room configuration is as follows:
Master Bedroom / Queen bed
Bedroom 2 / Queen bed
Bedroom 3 / King bed
Bedroom 4 / King bed
Master Bedroom / full bed
Bedroom 2 / full bed
Bedroom 3 / queen bed
Bedroom 4 / queen bed
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been included in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 30 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be supplied for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
Operational Permit OP #2020-01402
Operational Permit #: OP2020-01403
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Upper King Design District and Charleston City Market are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best Charleston rental experience:
When to book & When to go:
- To book the most suitable rental for your budget, we recommend booking in Spring or Fall. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at popular attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rentals during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts and property managers offer rate reductions for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special discounts are available for your group.
- Property management companies typically offer their guests an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guides which will include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to select the perfect vacation home:
- First and foremost, have your family choose a vacation week and a spending budget.
- 2 Home Buyout w/ 8bdr in Historic DT w/ Hot Tub has 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, email or call the host before reserving the home. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? Try a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Some properties allow pets, but others don't. Allowable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the owner about allowable breeds and types before booking.
More tips for your visit:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and save the instructions to your phone.
- During arrival, note any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors bothering your life at home. Apply the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would have never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Keep the property locked while you are away! Don't let burglars spoil your vacation.
- At departure, take a final walk-through to confirm you didn't forget anything. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the property manager is not available, take photos and video of the property to record its condition.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on great feedback to stimulate new reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your review and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles