- As low as $192/Week
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 2
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 300 sq ft (28 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this PropertyPermit Number: 02209
Our roomy ground floor property, ‘The Bungalow’, is ideal for groups of 1-2 guests with a King bed and 1 full bath. Located just off of St. Philip Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, The Bungalow features an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Entirely equipped kitchen with basic cooking/kitchenware. King Bed with 100% Cotton Spanish Sheets and 32" TCL Roku TV. Feel complimentary to use your own streaming service login credentials during your stay.
Guests will have access to the entire space along with all the appliances and amenities included with the listing.
The Cannonborough / Elliotborough neighborhood of historic downtown Charleston, SC is known best for its laid back, residential streets, and great selection of off the beaten path eateries your the guide books won't tell you about. Grab a casual bite to eat at D'Allesandro's just 1 block away, without a doubt one of the finest pizza stores in Charleston, or for fine dining and authentic Italian cuisine, head to Trattoria Lucca near MUSC.
We're 1 block from King St where just about everything is walkable.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Check out magazine.stayduvet.com for the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 7am. There is new construction that started next door. Two homes are being constructed. Please keep this in mind when booking or staying at this property.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property managers and rental houses provide Charleston area area discount books which feature money-saving offers, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the local itself. Keep an eye out for these guides and promotional books, since this allows visitors to enjoy the very same terrific attractions with a often considerable discounted.
- Are the vacation dates changeable? Shoulder seasons provide incredible discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Several rental companies provide unique discounts to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling group is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific groups of travellers. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to night life. You'll receive the most value from a home which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed as a result of health related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are shocked to discover just how many vacation rentals can be found in Charleston area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an optimum retreat to fit their Charleston area crew, from quiet condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all vacation homes in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Rental owners frequently choose management companies to facilitate advertising and marketing, housekeeping services and maintenance tasks.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be delighted to find that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to search.
Finding and booking the best vacation property:
Before you book "The Bungalow by StayDuvet | 1 Block from King!", read through our short list of factors to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many popular vacation spots, In Charleston area the best rental homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental..
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Begin by determining which specific area of Charleston area you want to explore, and the approximate trip dates.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Rental home
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the family. Generally rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Will your preferred vacation property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to reserving a pricey rental home. A single individual in your company needs to be given the task of collecting contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
What amenities is the group trying to find? Is a screened porch a requirement? Are you more interested in wildlife or nightlife? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental charge? Make a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure to include your furry family members. Although many vacation rentals allow family pets, rules and fees fluctuate per property. A number of restrictions could eliminate a prospective vacation property. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. In addition to having exceptional rental properties, local agencies offer outstanding service..
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Entire Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal price, vacationers must pay local taxes when renting "The Bungalow by StayDuvet | 1 Block from King!", along with various other additional fees which might be mandatory depending on their situation, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Vacation rental management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages when you arrive. If you find wear and tear, or if fixes are needed contact the rental manager straight away. This can protect against disputes during checkout.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents often times live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a little. Although you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The property really should be in good condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dishes, surplus sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be addressed before leaving.
- As soon as everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Many rental property sites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything was unacceptable and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the property wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their stay? With some luck everything ended up being wonderful and you're happy to reserve the property for your next vacation. Maybe the rental home wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to refine your search for the next trip.
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 1.1 miles