- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyExtra sizable first floor apartment, in an award winning historic building in the coveted Cannonborough neighborhood. We have just completely redone this big apartment with brand new bathrooms and kitchen and decorated it with tasteful and breathtaking furnishings and artwork
ST PHILIP SQUARE: If you need to sleep 2 to 72 people, one block from King St. and .4 miles to Calhoun St in splendidly modernized units, St Philip Square is your answer!
You need to look carefully to realize our units are noticeably closer to South of Broad, and our buildings are substantial historic buildings, with magic and character not possible in new construction, in a community setting where groups can gather, in an area where it's possible to rent without the owner present, in units that sparkle with sensational remodel and glamourous decor. We have a unique offering for wedding groups, family get-togethers, work retreats, friends traveling together, honeymooners, anniversary celebrants or families with children.
St Philip Square offers 8 units within a "square" that opens onto a shared parking area. Each apartment is a separate unit with unique characteristics. It is the ideal opportunity for groups of all sizes to organize a joint rental but each apartment is separate and is its own place. The Vacation Rental By Owner numbers are listed here:
1446527. 1531369. 1351757. 1662029. 834186. 7841346. 7841344. 567555
If you put these numbers into a Vacation Rental By Owner search without dates you will be able to view each listing.
DESCRIPTION OF THIS UNIT:
This apartment is entered through the very sizable front veranda filled with wicker furnishings and hanging baskets. The light-filled front living room is huge and gracious with a fireplace and includes a brand new West Elm couch sleeper. The bathroom connects the room to a superb bedroom with king size Stella brass bed and another fireplace.
The middle section of the apartment is accessed either through the living room or the front bedroom. The brand new, beautiful, entirely supplied kitchen is found in this middle section of the apartment.
The second bedroom is also in the middle section. It has two full size beds and a ideal stone bathroom with humongous shower and double vanity with stone counter. This room has double closets, light filled windows and might be the most attractive room in the home. A couple can be delighted here with the double vanity ensuite bathroom. Or the bridesmaids can bunk up here . Or you can put four cousins together in two double beds.
The back section of the apartment has a smaller bedroom with queen bed and superb bathroom with a tub and shower and a classy closet. From either the kitchen or from this back bedroom you will reach the “porch bedroom” and the 4th stone bathroom with enormous shower. This back room opens onto a back balcony with steps leading down into the inviting modest outdoor area. This bedroom has a handsomely hand crafted Amish Murphy bed and includes an pretty bar with sink and refrigerator. This back section opens up a whole different opportunity. It can be the in-law hideaway. Or the guys hang out. Or it can even be rented separately as a studio or a two room suite with two cute bathrooms. This room is light filled, a bit cutoff from the front, a bit of an hideaway space, beautiful and a good "hang out space".
This apartment is really a magical space. It is roomy but offers private spaces for a group to be together or to be apart. The back would be ideal for the grandparents in a wedding group or for a passionate spot for the freshly weds after the wedding. Or this space could be used for a work meeting or a businessman’s workspace. The apartment offers a lot of flexibility.
AMENITIES AND DECOR
Our apartments have all received rave reviews for their comforts and for being drop dead pretty.
We have carefully selected each item in the apartment for its beauty, function and quality. We wanted to offer a taste of Charleston--handsome mantels and porches with a few of our favorite antiques. But we are also open to new, modern ideas and have introduced them with the advice of our professional designer. But always we have tired to keep these units personal, real, peaceful, interesting, beautiful and "cool". We are excited to be offering this space for brief term rental.
We are located in the brief term overlay which accepts such units. We are in the area closest to King St, one block east and to Calhoun St 3 blocks south. Upper King St has become the most dynamic “happening” area in the city with stores, eateries, bars and stores within a brief walk from this apartment.
The city has selected this area as the only one where visitors can rent for a weekend instead of a month without the owner being present. This is a colossal advantage for this area because it gives the visitors privacy and a sense of living like a native. Within that district you will notice that St Philip Square is in the section closest to Marion Square and the South of Broad area. We are also only one block over from King St. Our great location might not be readily obvious.
Moreover, other units in the area either are new construction or are of lesser quality and historical value. Why stay in a new building and miss the grace of what makes Charleston special? Our buildings have received the coveted Carolopolis Award in 1999 for impressive restoration of important Charleston historic units. You will want to be aware of the unique quality of St Philip Square and how we compare to other units in Cannonborough.
This building is set back from the street and faces a appealing courtyard. We have a generous parking lot. We promise two spots for this apartment but have access to a lot across the street and can usually accommodate more cars for a modest fee. Many visitors find they leave the car in the lot and discover the city on foot or spare themselves parking woes downtown by using Uber or Lyft.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many tourism bureaus supply printed tourism guides with special offers for lodging, restaurants and activities. Be on the lookout for these publications and promotional books, as this allows vacationers to take advantage of the very same fantastic activities at a significantly discounted.
- Are you able to shift your dates? Shoulder seasons feature amazing prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for discounts. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are practically catered to specific clients, whether it's soundside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. If there's a specific Charleston area activity that you just love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Consider investing in trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, offers travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental Home Information
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to come across a rental home which fits their wishes and budget.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners mainly because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Below are great tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Finding and booking the perfect rental property:
Before you start to book "174 St Philip St, (B1) Holiday perfect 1 block to King Historic/Parking/Gorgeous", go through our short list of considerations.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Like many renowned hot spots, In Charleston area the best rental properties are booked very early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home..
Find your Area and Decide Dates
Sometimes, the most challenging portion of planning your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, everything else is much easier.
How Many Beds?
Determine who is going, and just how many/what kind of bedroom setup you will need. Be aware that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, communicate with the property owner before you book.
What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Make certain "174 St Philip St, (B1) Holiday perfect 1 block to King Historic/Parking/Gorgeous" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to reserving a pricey rental property. A single individual in your group needs to be responsible for getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is the group interested in? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys for use throughout your stay? Make a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure you include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental homes, but guidelines differ. Type of pet, size and dog breeds may be restricted. Ensure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *before* you book!
Its Time to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental home management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Re-read the description to be certain the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable properties that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best prospects for a lower rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Study the Entire Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal rate, visitors will need to pay state taxes when renting "174 St Philip St, (B1) Holiday perfect 1 block to King Historic/Parking/Gorgeous", in addition to various other fees which may be required depending on their circumstances, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers peace of mind should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
After you feel you've found "the one", start the booking process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation home owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your rental! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. Call the rental manager right away to report your findings. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts could be useful.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a little. Although you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The rental home really needs to be in good shape. Sinks brimming with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be remedied before you leave.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred during your stay. Whenever possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most rental sites request reviews after your stay . Property owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something went wrong and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Did they feel about the rental? We hope this guide helped you find a great home away from home. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience to aid with the next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 0.9 miles