- 3 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWelcome to our 51-foot yacht in downtown Charleston that is just blocks away from all the attractions! This boat was thoroughly renovated in 2019 with all the amenities of home. It includes gleaming wood floors and an open layout with high ceilings. Relish the enormous kitchen with alluring granite counter tops.
Grille out on the monstrous sun outdoor space and appreciate brilliant sunsets in a peaceful marina. It sleeps up to 7 people with 3 private bedrooms and a queen size pull out couch.
OCCUPANCY: The marina has limited electrical capacity especially in the summertime so exceeding 7 people on the boat is a concern. If it is discovered that you have more than 7 people on board then you will be charged for the entire price of the trip and asked to leave. We do not accept infants on board. There is a 1 to 2 foot step on the boat and you will need to be sure footed to walk around the boat and marina so having an infant on board that has trouble walking or swimming is not allowed. The emergency exit is through a huge window out of the back of the boat so if you or any of your visitors have mobility problems then this may also be an issue if there is an emergency.
BEDROOMS: The master bedroom includes a very calming queen size aloe vera memory foam bed, a private bathroom with full size shower, and a flat screen TV. There is a full size bed in the bedroom off the kitchen and a twin size bed with attached private 1/2 bath at the front of the boat on the lower level.
KITCHEN: The sizable kitchen has plenty of space to make meals for the entire family and has a 2 burner stove, refrigerator/freezer, table top oven, ice maker, and good size dining room table.
SUNDECK: The giant sun outdoor space has a patio sectional and two lounge chairs as well as a full size grille. There is plenty of space to entertain and relax with cute vistas of the bay.
LIVING ROOM: The living room has color changing LED lights, a generous couch, chair, and 40' inch intelligent TV. The couch pulls out into a queen size Serta bed.
WATER: The water heater is good for 2-3 hot showers every couple of hours. There are very elegant additional showers and a washer/dryer in the clubhouse of the marina which are available for use.
AIR CONDITIONING/HEAT: The boat has two central HVAC systems and portable ACs/space heaters to make sure you stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
RENTAL ONLY: Please note that the price of the rental does not include taking the boat off the dock and out in the intercostal. The boat is not licensed or insured for charters so there is no option to take it out of the marina.
PARTIES/FISHING/SWIMMING: There are categorically no events allowed on the boat. Fishing or swimming from the boat or in the marina is also not allowed.
PARKING: You will be given one parking pass to park in the marina lot. There is additional first come first serve 24 hour guest parking. There is additional paid parking in a close by marina or complimentary parking if available at the hospital across the street. There is limited parking on the weekends and it is a about a 200 yard walk to the boat but there are plastic wheelbarrows available for use to put your suitcases in. The walk is certainly worth it though as the boat is on a very peaceful and serene part of the dock far away from bridges and loud noises!
FAMILY PETS: We accept dogs only with pre-approval. Nonrefundable pet fee of $75 will be charged. We can not accept puppies, dogs that bark when you are not there, or dogs that scratch or eat furnishings, floors, or doors. No dogs and cats are allowed on the furnishings or beds or additional costs will be charged or taken from your deposit.
SAFETY: The marina is very safe with camera's in the parking lot and a steel gate to get onto the dock that is protected by a pass code. There is also a deadbolt lock on the yacht.
BOATS VS HOTEL: If you are renting because your looking for a once in a lifetime Airbnb experience then you will have a great time! If you are renting because it is a great value over a hotel then you need to be aware of a few things. We do our most magnificant to keep our yacht in ideal working order but boats are much more complex and have more moving parts and safety includes then a typical home so occasionally things will malfunction especially in salt water. I am very fast to reply so if anything is not working properly then let me know and I will send my repair man over to fix.
MARSH: Downtown Charleston has many marshes so there may be some smell depending on the time of year but I have a diffuser that very helps if you have any issues.
RULES & REGULATIONS: By renting visitors agree to abide by the Marina's rules and regulations which are below under the overview section. A paper copy of these rules and regulations will be supplied in the user manual on the boat. All the rules and regulations must be read and followed.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many management companies and rental properties provide Charleston area area travel discount books that feature coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by a partnership between the property management company and the local itself. Search for these magazines and coupon books, because this allows visitors to experience the same great activities with a often significantly discounted.
- Are the travel dates flexible? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer incredible rates on rental accommodations.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of rental companies provide price reductions to veterans and active-duty military. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular groups of visitors. Event homes are great for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to music venues. If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction that you love, search for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Consider getting trip insurance with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel.
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
First-timers are likely to be surprised at the range and wide variety of daily, weekly and monthly rentals available in the Charleston area area. With such a big selection, clients are certain to discover a vacation home that fits their desires and price range.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their home, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with booking, checking-in, housekeeping, and any routine service problems that may arise.
We've constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental home experience.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental property:
Before you book "Spacious 51' Yacht Downtown! Remodeled in 2019!", go through our short list of factors to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Like many trendy destinations, In Charleston area the best rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental home..
Pick a Town and Time
Agreement can be tricky among relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Vacation rental
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for the party. Most rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stick to a Budget
Make sure "Spacious 51' Yacht Downtown! Remodeled in 2019!" satisfies your budget *during your desired dates*. If multiple individuals or family members are sharing the cost, be certain that everyone understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. One individual in your group must be given the task of collecting contributions and accepting responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Do you only want a vacation home with a swimming pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys available for use during your stay? Make a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Elderly guests will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Most rental home listings include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your pets. While a number of vacation homes allow dogs, rules and fees vary per property. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be limited. Ensure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
Once the area, time and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the very best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from offering exclusive rental properties, local companies offer top-notch service..
Re-read the description to be certain the home has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar homes that better fit your desires and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Read the Total Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. Vacation home management companies and individual home owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. Contact the rental manager immediately to report your observations. This may protect against disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Contact your rental manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every space of the rental property to ensure that you've collected all belongings.
- When your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. Whenever possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to offer comments. If your rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your review.
Learn from your Stay
Did everybody have a great time? Hopefully everything turned out to be ideal and you're happy to reserve the property for your next vacation. If not, you have gained valuable experience that can help with the next search.
- City Marina - 0.1 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.2 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.9 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- Marion Square - 0.9 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 1.0 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.0 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 1.0 miles