- 4 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00778
Our generous 1st floor condo, ‘Paper Moon’, is ideal for groups of 8-10 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths. Located just off of Coming Street, location and parking won't be an issue here, as we do give parking for 1 car on site.
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, Paper Moon includes an classic floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Dining table with four seats and living room with high vaulted ceilings. All four bedrooms are located on this 1st level, with two full bathrooms. Each of these bedrooms with its own flat screen Roku powered TV and King sized bed with 100% cotton Spanish sheets. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Totally supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can park one car off the street in a parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the beautiful and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its amiable neighbors, appealing eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic magic. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very outstanding King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix readily located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all over your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most striking things to do and see.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas Cafe. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, libations, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber & Lyft
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
No dogs aloud
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus will offer you promotional guide books with special packages for rental homes, restaurants and activities. These guides may provide a good start to your rental search.
- Willing to change your trip dates? Off-peak times offer remarkable savings.
- Several management companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or repeat vacation goers to the same vacation home. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some rental homes are essentially catered to specific guests, whether it is downtown homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have private windsurfing launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and locations you are most interested in.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners frequently offer their customers the chance to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be surprised to discover just how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an suitable getaway to accommodate their Charleston area gang, from restful condos to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental homes in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in assisting guests with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping services, as well as routine service issues that may occur.
Below are great tips and strategies to help you understand the rental search and booking process.
Finding and booking the right rental:
Before you decide to book "Paper Moon (Historic Downtown) - Only 2 blocks from King!", go through our brief list of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Charleston area rental homes start booking very early. To ensure the greatest choice of properties, we suggest searching and reserving your Charleston area getaway Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home..
Pick a Town and Date
Consensus can be tough between family members, but once this challenging part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
Just How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
Confirm who is joining, and just how many/what sort of bedroom setup you'll need. Try to remember that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your party. Generally rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Are You Prepared to Spend?
Make certain "Paper Moon (Historic Downtown) - Only 2 blocks from King!" works with your price range *during your desired week*. If many groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that each person understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Generally speaking, a single person in the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and recovering each party's share.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your group searching for? Do you just desire a home with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental charge? Make a list of priority features to guide narrow your search.
Special Issues to consider
Optimal accessibility could make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. Nearly all vacation home listings will include a list of amenities.
Think About Furry Family Members?
Make sure you include your companion! Animals are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but policies differ. Examine your agreement very carefully! Additional charges may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Re-read the description to ensure the property has everything that you need. If something is missing, the rental management company might know of comparable homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard rate, vacationers will have to pay state taxes when booking "Paper Moon (Historic Downtown) - Only 2 blocks from King!", in addition to any other additional fees which might be required depending on their situation, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental rate, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations on booking your vacation rental! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. Get in touch with the property manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be valuable.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Be considerate of the local community. Often times, nearby households are lived in by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit substantially more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- When your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the property to verify no property damage occurred during your stay. If at all possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Just about all property management companies and rental search sites make it easy for customers to provide comments. If the rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but genuine with regards to stay. Top owners and managers will work very hard to correct the issue.
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did they feel about the rental choice? Maybe everything was wonderful and you're ready to reserve the same rental for your next vacation. Maybe the rental property was not quite right, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.0 miles