- 4 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00060
Our cavernous 1st floor condo, ‘Paper Moon’, is just right for groups of 8-10 visitors (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths. Located just off of Coming Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, Paper Moon includes an classic floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Dining table with four seats and living room with high vaulted ceilings. All four bedrooms are located on this 1st level, with two full bathrooms. Each of these bedrooms with its own flat screen Roku powered TV and King sized bed with 100% cotton Spanish sheets. Our team provides basic login credentials, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Entirely supplied kitchen with basic preparing/kitchenware is also located on this first level.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can park one car off the street in a parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a wind.
The home is located in the heart of the glamourous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its helpful neighbors, inviting eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic beauty. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Wildflower Pastry located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very acclaimed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix readily located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most first-rate things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Permit Number: 00060
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus offer guide books with deals for lodging, dining and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to change your dates? Shoulder seasons special offer terrific discounts.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of property management companies offer markdowns to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific groups of visitors. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to nightlife. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and interesting attractions you are most interested in.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed resulting from medical emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You might be surprised to find out just how many properties are available at your destination. With such a big selection, renters are certain to select a property that meets their desires and budget.
The majority of rental homes in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to facilitate promoting and advertising, housekeeping services and repairs and maintenance.
We have assembled a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental home experience.
Where to find and book the perfect rental home:
Before you decide to book "Paper Moon (Historic Downtown) - Only 2 blocks from King!", examine our brief collection of factors to consider.
Search Early and Often
Charleston area vacation rentals start booking very early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months prior to a trip. A lot of families choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Choose a Community and Time
Start by picking which specific area of Charleston area you'd like to explore, and the choose travel dates.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Actually Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Make sure "Paper Moon (Historic Downtown) - Only 2 blocks from King!" works with your price range *during your desired week*. If multiple individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure each person knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. A single member of your party will need to be given the task of getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of reservation.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What amenities is your family searching for? Do you want a rental property with outdoor kitchen? Will the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or close to shopping? Are sheets offered with the rental agreement, or will you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect property.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Do a few members of your group have specialized needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other members of the family travelling with a furry friend? While quite a few rentals allow animal friends, guidelines and costs fluctuate per rental. Make certain to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start the Search
A number of websites exist to match renters with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Besides having distinctive rental properties, local companies provide you with superb service..
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation rental has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company might know of comparable homes that better fit your preferences and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study the Entire Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental cost, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be incredibly helpful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Local people should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation substantially more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Always make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and cabinets.
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Many property management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to give feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you'll want to note that as part of your review.
Use Your Experience
Did they enjoy their stay? With a little luck everything ended up being perfect and you're excited to re-book the rental home for next year. Otherwise, you've gained useful experience to aid with another search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.0 miles