About this Property
- Sleeps 14
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Parties and events are permitted (restrictions apply)
- Non-smoking property
- No children allowed
Stunning five bedroom historic Charleston single-family home. Have a low country boil in the backyard or walk two blocks to King Street. Three story home and all three stories have their own air conditioning/heat zones. Stunning backyard, kitchen, and wait to you see the main bathroom! Bar tours come by the home, steps in all directions to eateries. Restaurant district to include Chubby Fish, Malagon, Chez Nous, Baba’s and many more. License # BL028675-05-2022
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Upper King Design District and Charleston City Market. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and H.L. Hunley Submarine are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the perfect Charleston area vacation property experience:
Getting the best value:
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. To get the best value, consider shifting your vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer pleasant weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guides which will include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Choosing the perfect rental:
- Select vacation dates and maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your family needs. Outdoor Space Galore, Historic Home 2 Blocks From King Street. has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed types is often accessible on booking websites. If not, email or call the property management company before you book the property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches. You will need to establish what bed configuration is right for your vacation family.
- Is your group looking for special amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking.
- If your family is traveling with pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly property. Ask for information on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Usually, property owners charge additional pet fees.
Some things to know before you go:
- Be sure you get the property manager's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your .
- Record any issues with the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the property manager. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be valuable if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respect the neighborhood. Frequently, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental while you are away. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected all personal belongings. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental a final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photographs of the rental to record its condition.
- Did your family have a excellent time? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or host was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was defective and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.9 miles