- As low as $950/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 18
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining room
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hardwood flooring in public areas
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Laundry detergent
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near the bay
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Security system
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Sofa bed
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 18
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
* Please read the entire listing prior to booking. **
SLEEPS up to 18 PEOPLE and is great for groups!
Looking for a bigger space? This listing combines two of our striking downtown Charleston properties.
Feel the ideal blend of historic appeal and modern comfort by combining two handsome downtown Charleston properties. Fauna House occupies the entire bottom floor and Flora House encompasses the entire top floor of a huge residence constructed in 1905. Normally offered separately, this listing combines the two units to accommodate a max. of 18 guests. Fauna House sleeps 10, while Flora House sleeps 8.
Both units have been newly remodeled to high standards, providing a enchanting stay for guests. Fauna House features original wood floors, non-working fireplaces, and authentic window panes, maintaining its old-world allure. Flora House offers the same amenities as Fauna House, along with a cavernous front porch overlooking the street and an additional sitting porch at the back, adjacent to the generous dining room. Please note that there is no interior staircase connecting Fauna House and Flora House. For more information, including floorplans, please reach out to HCVR through messaging.
To discover and book each individual listing, visit the following links:
Flora House: vrbo.com/3229472
Fauna House: vrbo.com/3229471
LOCATION: Just 5 blocks from the acclaimed King Street, Fauna House offers convenient access to Charleston's best dining and cafes. Within a two-block radius, you'll find establishments like Xiao Bao Biscuit, Bad Bunnies Coffee, Pink Cactus, Blackout Burger, 132 Spring Coffee and Kitchen Bar, Chasing Sage, Holey City Bagels, Fuel Charleston, and more.
CELEBRATIONS: Both Fauna House and Flora House provide a special "Celebration Board" for guests to decorate when commemorating special occasions during their stay. In Fauna House, the board is located in the kitchen, measuring 8 feet wide by 4 feet high. In Flora House, it is located in the dining room, with dimensions of 7 feet wide by 4 feet high. Clips and a rope are supplied for guests to customize the board according to their celebration. To maintain the integrity of the property, guests are kindly requested not to decorate in other areas or use tape or any other fixatives on the walls.
PARKING: This unit offers two (2) parking spots. Parking in downtown Charleston is tight and we're happy to be able to offer our guests an off-street parking spot. Additional cars can be parked at any City of Charleston Parking Garage. More information in check-in emails.
NEED MORE SPACE? Please send an inquiry for more availability: we also have additional units available a few blocks away that can accommodate from 1 to sizable groups of 14 - or any combination of units: ideal for wedding and bachelorette accommodations, or family get-togethers.
- No events or events allowed, defined as inviting those not registered.
- Only guests on the reservation and registered with Host are allowed.
- No smoking of any kind, nor candles inside the unit nor outside on the porch, parking areas.
- No family pets allowed.
- EVs (electric cars) are not to be connected to outlets.
- City of Charleston Quiet hours from 11 pm to 7 am.
- Non-compliance may result in immediate termination without refund.
Check-In Time: 4pm
Check-Out Time: 10am
GUEST REGISTRATION: Before arrival, all guests must register with complete names, dates of birth, car information, a valid unexpired photo ID, and acceptance of the renters agreement. A confirmation e-mail will be sent upon submission. Check-in details, including door and WiFi codes, will be emailed 48 hours prior to arrival. Accurate guest information is required to avoid cancellation without a refund.
SECURITY DEPOSIT HOLD: A security deposit hold of $1200 is required by HCVR for this unit. It will be released 7 days after checkout if no issues arise. The security deposit hold is placed by HCVR and may involve separate payment methods.
TV: Savor SmartTVs with complimentary content apps. Guests can log into their own app accounts and must log off before leaving. No cable or local TV channels included.
CONSUMABLES: We offer initial supplies (coffee, creamer, sugar) for the Keurig. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, laundry pods, detergent, and trash bags based on availability. Starter supplies not replenished during stay. Consider bringing additional or buying locally for bigger quantities.
WIFI: Guests have complimentary access to WiFi. Modifying or disconnecting the WiFi service, including for T.V.s, WiFi, and door locks, is not allowed. Any intentional tampering or disconnection of WiFi and/or routers will result in immediate eviction without a refund. Standard internet connectivity supplied; capacity and speed limitations could apply when handling high-bandwidth demands.
POTENTIAL FOR NOISE: Please note that while Flora and Fauna Houses offer a more relaxing location away from King Street, it still enjoys the vibrant energy of an urban setting. Guests may experience typical street noises, passersby, garbage trucks, and occasional noise from the unit above. By renting these units, you acknowledge and accept the potential for such noise
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY: Review your reservation's policy. Cancellations within refund period have 3% processing fee. Consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Insurance. No refunds for appliance/internet/HVAC/water issues. No refunds for power outages, internet disruptions, water shortages, flooding, construction, or evacuations due to natural events.
HURRICANE SEASON AND WEATHER EVENTS: Refunds/cancellations for hurricanes are only available with specific Governor-issued evacuation order for Charleston County during your stay. Our policy excludes weather events affecting your departure or transit locations. No refunds for other weather-related incidents, sickness, or flight cancellations as per our cancellation policy. Hurricane season is June to November. Protect your plans by purchasing Travel Insurance from Holy City Vacation Units or a trusted provider.
GUEST COMPLAINTS: Notify the Host promptly to address and resolve issues. Failure to communicate complaints timely forfeits the right to raise concerns. Host not responsible for external noises.
- Leave bed(s) unmade, but not stripped.
- Place used towels on bathroom floor.
- Run dishwasher if needed.
- Remove all food from refrigerator and freezer, ensuring nothing is left.
- Dispose of closed trash bags in designated bin near parking area.
- Double-check belongings.
- Close and lock all doors, including porches.
- Send text message to notify check-out.
NOTE: Guests acknowledge housekeeping fee covers standard cleaning (linen change, floor, kitchen, bathroom). Extra cleaning, e.g., biohazardous fluids, may cost up to $1000. Linens/furnishings replaced at replacement value.
SECURITY CAMERAS: This property is equipped with external perimeter security cameras to monitor public areas such as porches, parking areas, front doors, and common spaces. These cameras are active and record video and audio for enhanced security during guest reservations. Any attempt to disconnect, cover, or tamper with the cameras will result in immediate eviction without a refund.
PEST CONTROL: Despite routine pest control services, occasional bugs such as flies, ants, mosquitoes, gnats, palmetto bugs, and flying termites are possible in the coastal region of South Carolina, specifically in Charleston. Guests should be vigilant about closing doors to prevent pests from entering. Please note that HCVR does not offer refunds for pest complaints.. If a guest makes a fraudulent claim about pests to seek compensation, they will be charged for a service call from the security deposit.
POLLEN SEASON in Charleston takes place from March to June, peaking in April. During this time, trees release fine-textured pollen that floats through the air, leaving a yellow dust coating on various surfaces. To minimize pollen indoors, it is recommended to keep doors closed. However, it's important to note that HCVR does not offer refunds for complaints related to pollen.
SERVICE ANIMALS: Family Animals are not allowed on the rental property. Any presence of pets will result in eviction and forfeiture of payments. However, service animals are welcome. Owners of service animals must answer two ADA-related questions: 1) Is the animal required due to a disability? 2) What tasks is the animal trained to perform? Guests must provide a rabies vaccination certificate and keep the service animal with them at all times – no crating nor leaving them alone in the unit. Misrepresenting pets as service animals will lead to eviction without a refund and potential penalties as per SC Code Section 47-3-980. Failure to provide requested information will be considered as having a pet, leading to reservation cancellation. Misrepresenting a pet as a service animal may result in eviction and a pet cleaning fee of up to $1000.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS, defined as the person making the reservation on the behalf of others.
Charleston City Permit: 03164
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Tricks and tips to get the optimal vacation home experience:
Getting the most from your vacation rental budget:
- Summertime is high season in the Charleston area area. To get the best vacation home within your budget, we recommend booking in Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of giant crowds at the beach and popular Charleston area attractions. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- The earlier you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are booked early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guide magazines have money saving offers on nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Choosing the perfect vacation rental:
- Choose vacation dates and budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Takeover Flora & Fauna Great for Groups has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally accessible online. If they are not listed, email the property management company before you reserve the vacation home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds and bunks.
- If there's a particular Charleston area destination you long to visit, search for properties that are either near by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some don't. Acceptable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask your host about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- Get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. Put the manager's information in your smartphone.
- Upon check-in, note any issues with the property and immediately alert the property manager. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors bothering your peaceful home life. Practice the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental property while you're out! Don't let thieves ruin your holiday.
- Re-check the property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a terrific time? Many rental management companies make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your property and/or property manager was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was out of order and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles