- As low as $955/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 18
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining room
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 18
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Sofa bed
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 18
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
ABOUT TAKEOVER FLORA AND FAUNA HOME
Please read the entire listing prior to booking. Why don't we have any reviews? While this property is new to our roster, we have a great review record with our other properties - please click our bio for more info.
***NOTE: This unit is still being decorated - photos are not complete with all decor and furnishings.
Need a bigger space? This listing combines TWO of our striking downtown Charleston properties.
Constructed in 1905, Fauna House is the entire bottom floor unit and Flora House is the entire top floor.
Normally offered separately, this listing combines the two with a max. capacity of 18.
Message us for floorplans!
Recently modernized to high standards, Fauna sleeps 10 and Flora sleeps 8.
Two parking spots supplied (3 if cars are smaller).
Please visit each listing:
Flora House: vrbo.com/3229472
Fauna House: vrbo.com/3229471
First Floor: Fauna House spans the entire top floor of a grandiose Charleston home constructed in 1905. With modern refreshed amenities, Fauna House also retains the appeal of her old world beginnings, including original wood floors, fireplaces (non-working) and window panes.
Second Floor: Flora House includes all the same offerings of Fauna House, but also features a enormous front porch that overlooks the street, plus another sitting porch in the back of the home, just off of the cavernous dining room.
Live the turn-of-the-century Charleston life including sizable bedrooms. The living rooms each include a Queen sofabed.
The kitchens have been gut-updated with open shelving and new appliances. The kitchen in Flora includes a unique "celebrating board" for our guests to hang balloons and banners, as we know many come to celebrate a life milestone. Fauna features a similar board in the roomy kitchen.
Takeover Flora & Fauna House is 5 blocks to famed King Street. Within two blocks you'll find some of Charleston's best dining and cafes, including Xiao Bao Biscuit, Bad Bunnies Coffee, Pink Cactus, Blackout Burger, 132 Spring Coffee and Kitchen Bar, Chasing Sage, Holey City Bagels, Fuel Charleston, and much more.
CELEBRATIONS: Fauna House and Flora House each also feature a "Party Board" which is a dedicated space for guests to decorate when they are celebrating something during their stay. This board is in the kitchen in Fauna House (8 feet wide by 4 feet high) and in the dining room in Flora House (7 feet wide by 4 feet high), with clips and a rope around for you to customize for your celebration! (We ask that guests not decorate in other areas or use tape or any other fixative on our walls.)
PARKING: This unit offers two (2) parking spots. Parking in downtown Charleston is tight and we're happy to be able to offer our guests an off-street parking spot. Additional cars can be parked at any City of Charleston Parking Garage. More information in check-in emails.
Need even more room?
Please send an inquiry for more availability, including additional individual units available a few blocks away that can accommodate from 1 to huge groups of 14 - or any combination of units: ideal for wedding and bachelorette accommodations, or family get-togethers.
No Parties (Note: THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!)
No guests that are not registered with host.
No smoking/candles inside or outside on property
No Family Animals
No EV (Electric Vehicles) to be connected to outlets
Quiet Hours 11pm to 7am
**Host/Property Manager reserves the right to terminate the rental immediately with no refund due to non-compliance of any of the rules listed above.
REGISTRATION: All guests are required to register prior to arrival with full names and dates of birth of all registered guests, car information, a copy of a valid unexpired photo ID such as a drivers license or a passport, and acceptance of a renters agreement. After information is complete, guest will receive a confirmation e-mail. Check-in information, including door and wifi codes, will be emailed 48 hours prior to arrival via e-mail. Please note that guest information must be correct or risk cancellation with no refund.
SECURITY DEPOSIT $1200 as a credit card hold, to be released 7 days past checkout if no issues - security deposit required directly with HCVR. HCVR is a software-connected Host that can charge and collect certain costs using a separate payment method outside of vacation rental portal websites.
TV: Please note that we offer SmartTVs that include some complimentary content apps. Guests are welcome to log into their private app accounts and are responsible for logging off before they leave. We do not offer cable, nor local TV channels.
CANCELLATION: Please review the cancellation policy. There is a 3% credit card processing fee for all cancellations. Please consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Travel Insurance - either through us or elsewhere. Hurricane-related refunds are only given if a mandatory evacuation order for Charleston County is publicly proclaimed by the Governor of SC for the dates of your stay. This does not apply to weather events in a guest's location of departure or transit. No other weather-related, sickness, or flight cancellation events will be refunded, and please note that HCVR follows the cancellation policies. Please note that hurricane season is from early June to late November. Holy City Vacation Units strongly suggests all guests consider the purchase of Travel Insurance to safeguard their travels from unforeseen circumstances.
CONSUMABLES: We offer starter coffee pods/creamer/sugar for the Keurig coffee maker, and may include hotel-size shampoo/conditioner/soap, and other consumables such as laundry pods, laundry detergent, and trash bags as available. If you believe you'll need more than those modest amounts, we ask that you consider bringing additional supplies.
CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: We ask minimal of our guests upon check-out, but do require the following:
* Leave bed(s) unmade, but not stripped.
* Leave towels on floor of bathroom.
* Run the dishwasher if needed.
* Discard all foods from the refrigerator and freezer - Don't leave anything at all in the refrigerator or the freezer.
* Place closed trash bag(s) into the corresponding bin located behind or adjacent to the home near the parking area marked with your unit letter.
* Check to make sure you have taken all of your belongings!
* Close/lock all of the doors (including those to porches and verandahs!)
* Text us when you've checked out!
SECURITY CAMERAS: This property is monitored via external perimeter security cameras overlooking exterior public areas such as porches, parking, and common areas. Security cameras record during a guest reservation.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS.
COVID-19 Note: Our housekeeping crew will be adhering to strict CDC and DHEC recommended procedures.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Patriots Point and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best rental home experience:
How to get the best value:
- Summertime is high season in Charleston. Booking in Spring or Fall is an excellent way to save on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable homes. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- The sooner you can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation homes are booked early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Owners sometimes offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if discounts are available for your family.
- Property management companies often offer renters an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides have discounts for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Filter your search:
- First, have your family decide on a vacation week and a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. New Takeover Flora & Fauna: Large Groups has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is generally accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property management company before reserving the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to establish which bed configuration is suitable for your group.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction? Try a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
- Some properties allow pets, and others don't. Allowable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Store the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- To ensure that damages aren't linked to your stay, inspect the property for any problem areas upon your arrival. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report any damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, stereo or thermostat. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent many issues.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors disrupting your peace. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would have never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently help. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental home while you're out. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the rental one final time and scan for any damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the host is not available, take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a great stay? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property manager was terrific, they would love to hear it. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 1.1 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.2 miles
Ready to book New Takeover Flora & Fauna: Large Groups?Book Online Get Information Call: