- As low as $467/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Kitchen island
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Porch or lanai
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
** Please read the entire listing prior to booking. **
PALMETTO COTTAGE: Feel modern comfort in this clean and comfortable second-floor apartment. Its unbeatable location puts you just steps away from King Street's vibrant dining, nightlife, and shopping scene. Explore the fascinating historical attractions and museums of downtown Charleston with ease. The roomy living and kitchen area comfortably accommodates up to 8 guests, making it ideal for group getaways or bachelorette weekends. Families will also appreciate the additional room to spread out. The apartment features three bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with a Queen bed and attached bathroom, Bedroom 2 with a Queen bed, and Bedroom 3 with another Queen bed. A hallway bathroom is available, and a Queen-sized sofabed offers additional sleeping options.
NOTE: 6 adults only. Will allow additional 2 kids (under age of 18) for total of 8.
CELEBRATIONS: Notably, the living room wall features a unique "celebration board" where guests can decorate the space for their special celebration. (We ask that guests not decorate in other areas or use tape or any other fixative on our walls.)
IMPORTANT NOTE ON POTENTIAL FOR NOISE: Our location offers the vibrant energy of a lively urban setting, with marvelous dining, entertainment, and music venues close by which includes music venues on King Street. While we comply with the city's noise ordinance and cannot control external noise, we advise guests that street noises and typical urban sounds are to be expected. *If there is loud music or excessive noise after 11 pm from anywhere other than the property, we ask guests to please contact the non-emergency police number and file a complaint.. This unit is on the top floor, with potential other guests in the unit below you - and you may hear your neighbors on-site. HCVR does not provide discounts or refunds for noise-related complaints. By renting this unit, you acknowledge and accept the potential for noise as described.
PARKING: One off-street parking spot included. Additional parking available at close by City of Charleston garage. No tandem parking, blocking driveways/stairwells. Motorcycles, scooters, golf carts not allowed. Plugging EV cars into home's power outlets prohibited. Contact Host for parking concerns. Non-compliance may result in towing by HOA without prior notice.
NEED MORE SPACE? Inquire about additional units at the same property or two blocks away on Spring Street for bigger groups, weddings, or family get-togethers.
- No events or events allowed.
- Only guests on the reservation and registered with Host are allowed.
- No smoking of any kind, nor candles inside the unit nor outside on the porch, parking areas.
- No family pets allowed.
- EVs (electric cars) are not to be connected to outlets.
- City of Charleston Quiet hours from 11 pm to 7 am.
- Non-compliance may result in immediate termination without refund.
Check-In Time: 4pm
Check-Out Time: 10am
GUEST REGISTRATION: Before arrival, all guests must register with complete names, dates of birth, car information, a valid unexpired photo ID, and acceptance of the renters agreement. A confirmation e-mail will be sent upon submission. Check-in details, including door and WiFi codes, will be emailed 48 hours prior to arrival. Accurate guest information is required to avoid cancellation without a refund.
SECURITY DEPOSIT HOLD: A security deposit hold of $600 is required by HCVR for this unit. It will be released 7 days after checkout if no issues arise. The security deposit hold is placed by HCVR and may involve separate payment methods.
TV: Appreciate SmartTVs with complimentary content apps. Guests can log into their own app accounts and must log off before leaving. No cable or local TV channels supplied.
CONSUMABLES: We offer initial supplies (coffee, creamer, sugar) for the Keurig. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, laundry pods, detergent, and trash bags based on availability. Starter supplies not replenished during stay. Consider bringing additional or buying locally for bigger quantities.
WIFI: Guests have complimentary access to WiFi. Modifying or disconnecting the WiFi service, including for TVs, WiFi, and door locks, is not allowed. Any intentional tampering or disconnection of WiFi and/or routers will result in immediate eviction without a refund. Standard internet connectivity supplied; capacity and speed limitations could apply when handling high-bandwidth demands.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY: Review your reservation's policy. Cancellations within refund period have 3% processing fee. Consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Insurance. No refunds for appliance/internet/HVAC/water issues. No refunds for power outages, internet disruptions, water shortages, flooding, construction, or evacuations due to natural events.
HURRICANE SEASON AND WEATHER EVENTS: Refunds/cancellations for hurricanes are only available with specific Governor-issued evacuation order for Charleston County during your stay. Our policy excludes weather events affecting your departure or transit locations. No refunds for other weather-related incidents, sickness, or flight cancellations as per our cancellation policy. Hurricane season is June to November. Protect your plans by purchasing Travel Insurance from Holy City Vacation Units or a trusted provider.
GUEST COMPLAINTS: Notify the Host promptly to address and resolve issues. Failure to communicate complaints timely forfeits the right to raise concerns. Host not responsible for external noises.
- Leave bed(s) unmade, but not stripped.
- Place used towels on bathroom floor.
- Run dishwasher if needed.
- Remove all food from refrigerator and freezer, ensuring nothing is left.
- Dispose of closed trash bags in designated bin near parking area.
- Double-check belongings.
- Close and lock all doors, including porches.
- Send text message to notify check-out.
NOTE: Guests acknowledge housekeeping fee covers standard cleaning (linen change, floor, kitchen, bathroom). Extra cleaning, e.g., biohazardous fluids, may cost up to $1000. Linens/furnishings replaced at replacement value.
SECURITY CAMERAS: This property is equipped with external perimeter security cameras to monitor public areas such as porches, parking areas, front doors, and common spaces. These cameras are active and record video and audio for enhanced security during guest reservations. Any attempt to disconnect, cover, or tamper with the cameras will result in immediate eviction without a refund.
PEST CONTROL: Despite routine pest control services, occasional bugs such as flies, ants, mosquitoes, gnats, palmetto bugs, and flying termites are possible in the coastal region of South Carolina, specifically in Charleston. Guests should be vigilant about closing doors to prevent pests from entering. Please note that HCVR does not offer refunds for pest complaints.. If a guest makes a fraudulent claim about pests to seek compensation, they will be charged for a service call from the security deposit.
POLLEN SEASON in Charleston takes place from March to June, peaking in April. During this time, trees release fine-textured pollen that floats through the air, leaving a yellow dust coating on various surfaces. To minimize pollen indoors, it is recommended to keep doors closed. However, it's important to note that HCVR does not offer refunds for complaints related to pollen.
SERVICE ANIMALS: Animals are not allowed on the rental property. Any presence of pets will result in eviction and forfeiture of payments. However, service animals are welcome. Owners of service animals must answer two ADA-related questions: 1) Is the animal required due to a disability? 2) What tasks is the animal trained to perform? Guests must provide a rabies vaccination certificate and keep the service animal with them at all times – no crating nor leaving them alone in the unit. Misrepresenting pets as service animals will lead to eviction without a refund and potential penalties as per SC Code Section 47-3-980. Failure to provide requested information will be considered as having a pet, leading to reservation cancellation. Misrepresenting a pet as a service animal may result in eviction and a pet cleaning fee of up to $1000.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS, defined as the person making the reservation on the behalf of others.
Charleston City Permit: 04137
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Aiken-Rhett House Museum and Unitarian Church. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. With kayaking, parasailing, and motor boating nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Getting the best Charleston area vacation home experience:
Getting the most from your spending budget:
- Booking your vacation home in Fall or Spring is a great way to save money on your vacation. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable properties.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts and property managers offer promotional rates for veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer renters an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Many property management companies supply Charleston area area travel guides which often include money-saving deals, either offered directly by local companies, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Filter your rental search:
- Select vacation dates and maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Palmetto Cottage: Relax Downtown has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, contact the property owner before booking the rental. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds.
- If there's a specific Charleston area destination you long to visit, look for rentals that are either near by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Extra fees or could be applied to your invoice.
Advice for your stay:
- Take a copy of the host's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. Put the manager's information in your smartphone.
- Record any damages to the property at check in, and immediately send them to the property manager. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be very helpful if damages are assessed.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call prevents lots of difficulties.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. You will increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be a great resource to find the best local spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental home while you are out. Protect your property!
- At departure, take a final walk-through to make sure you have not forget any personal items. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the rental one final time and look for any damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager is not available, take photos and video of the property to record its condition.
- Did your family have a wonderful stay? Most rental management companies make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or host was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was imperfect and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles