About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 5675 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Circa 1830, this charming home, located in Charleston's famed South of Broad neighborhood, offers you the chance to experience the unmistakable history that makes Charleston a top destination. Sommers Place, tucked along a private alley between Meeting Street and King Street, is an marvelous, sumptuous hideaway steeped in privacy. From its wrought iron-gated courtyard, reminiscent of the many private courtyards found in Europe, to the Federal-inspired interiors, this stately home is the epitome of graciousness and appeal. With 5600 square ft., this 4 Bedroom/4.5 Bath historic home SLEEPS 8 guests, and is filled with modern amenities. From the broad entry anchored by the grandiose, graceful staircase, the cavernous first floor offers room to relax or entertain in style.
Traditional in layout, you'll savor the high ceilings of the formal living room with adjacent wet bar, plus the centrally located dining room highlighted by fashonable chandelier and table that seats 10. From here you directly access the comfortable, light-filled combined den and office space, with expansive wall of windows and constructed-in bookcases, plus iron spiral staircase that leads directly to the second floor owner's suite. The compact but well-appointed kitchen showcases a modern, refreshed feel with granite counter tops, gas cooktop and high grade appliances. From the kitchen, you'll discover the back staircase that leads to the ground floor suite of rooms and second kitchen.
The lower, ground level of Sommers Place offers entirely separate living quarters made up of a comfortable sitting area with flat screen TV, ideal to gather for the big game, a full kitchen for serving up beverages and snacks, a separate den with constructed-in desk for a peaceful spot to work remotely, laundry room with Washer/Dryer, two bedrooms, both with KING beds and two full bathrooms. This roomy level, features a wall of arched windows that overlook the shady, enclosed courtyard and an arched door that accepts you to entertain outdoors directly from here.
Upstairs on the second floor, you'll find the owners suite, appointed with a KING BED and dressed in luxury linens, is really striking, consisting of three entire rooms, a sumptuous bath with Penhaglion copper soaking tub, dual sinks, step-in shower, plus a separate wardrobe room, with extensive constructed-in cabinetry and anchored by a generous island with ample drawer space. Nearby on this level, you'll find a second bedroom with QUEEN bed and en-suite bathroom with delightful tile and modern fixtures plus step-in shower.
This is aristocratic living for those desiring privacy and convenience for a walk everywhere stay in what is arguably the most handsome city in the South. Sommers Place offers an unparalleled opportunity to both live in and discover the city. The shoppes and eateries that line Charleston's famed King Street are just a short walk away along some of the most beloved streets in the Holy City. You are just blocks from the shopping and dining of Broad Street, the iconic pastel-colored homes of Rainbow Row, White Point Gardens and Charleston Harbor.
Sommers Place includes a gas grille located in the outdoor courtyard, and 1 off-street parking spot suitable for a compact car.
Each of our luxury vacation units is accessed by a keyless door code for ease of entry, and accepts for a zero-interaction check-in/check-out process. A door code specific to each guests' stay will be supplied by your Concierge on the date of your check-in. If you have any questions about directions or access to the property, your concierge will be ready and waiting to assist you by phone. In addition, for properties with gate or garage access, you will be given this access code on the day of your arrival as well.
Upon arrival, after the established 4PM check-in time, you may enter and exit the rental at your leisure with these codes. Additionally, requests can be made for your Concierge to meet you at the property upon check-in. We are here to make the check-in process a seamless one!
Our concierge team is committed to delivering exceptional service, impeccable cleanliness and all the amenities of your everyday home. With each stay you'll appreciate high thread count linens, spa quality towels, hair dryer, ironing board, washer and dryer, standard coffee maker, kitchen cookware and silverware, shower toiletries and soaps, additional linens and towels, air conditioning, cable and wireless internet, and more. With our concierge services you can choose to have our team handle all the details of your trip. From stocking your refrigerator to reserving beach equipment, there isn't much our Concierge team can't help you with during your stay. And should you need any recommendations, it would be our enjoyment to provide suggestions for eateries, make reservations, organize activities, and answer any questions.
Please note that the fireplaces are decorative and not for guest use.
We offer the option to purchase trip insurance through CSA Travel Insurance. We highly recommend adding trip insurance to your reservation, especially if you are traveling during hurricane season (June-November).
At the time of booking, we require a payment of 50% of your total rental amount. The remainder of your balance will be due 30 days prior to your check in date and will be automatically charged to the card we have on file. If you are booking within 30 days of your expected arrival date, the full payment is due at the time of booking.
Minimum rental age is 25.
Optional & Additional Fees
$150 Non-returnable Pet Fee/pet (max. one dog allowed) with a $1,000 security deposit returnable upon satisfactory inspection of the property upon departure, $50 Early Check In Fee, $25/hour late check out fee.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Charleston City Market and Rainbow Market Shopping Center. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Tips for getting the perfect vacation home experience:
When to reserve a Charleston area rental & When to go:
- Booking your vacation rental in Spring or Fall is a good way to save on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts and property managers offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for specifics.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitors guides have discounts for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Finding the best vacation rental:
- First and foremost, have your family agree to a vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your group requires. NEW LISTING: South of Broad, Circa 1830 Getaway has 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, call the host before reserving the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches. You'll need to determine what configuration is right for your family.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental
- Some properties allow pets, and others don't. Acceptable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the property management company about pet restrictions before booking.
Considerations for your stay:
- Add the host's contact info to your phone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To ensure that damages are not linked to your family's visit, note any problem areas during check in. text the property manager right away to relay your findings. If there is a dispute, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental home while you are out. Protect your property!
- Double-check the rental property to make sure that you've packed everything at check-out. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental a final time and scan for any damage. We suggest walking through with the host whenever you can. If the property manager isn't available, ensure that you take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a terrific stay? Many rental managers make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your property and/or host was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.0 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 0.1 miles
- Washington Square - 0.2 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.2 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.3 miles
- White Point Garden - 0.3 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.3 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.3 miles