- As low as $543/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 4 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 5675 sq ft (527 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 5675 square feet
Circa 1830, this charming home, located in Charleston's famed South of Broad neighborhood, offers you the chance to experience the unmistakable history that makes Charleston a top destination. Sommers Place, tucked along a private alley between Meeting Street and King Street, is an magnificant, sumptuous hideaway steeped in privacy. From its wrought iron-gated courtyard, reminiscent of the many private courtyards found in Europe, to the Federal-inspired interiors, this stately home is the epitome of graciousness and appeal. With 5600 square ft., this 4 Bedroom/4.5 Bath historic home SLEEPS 8 guests, and is filled with modern amenities. From the broad entry anchored by the huge, graceful staircase, the roomy first floor offers room to relax or entertain in style.
Traditional in layout, you'll savor the high ceilings of the formal living room with adjacent wet bar, plus the centrally located dining room highlighted by handsome chandelier and table that seats 10. From here you directly access the comfortable, light-filled combined den and office space, with expansive wall of windows and constructed-in bookcases, plus iron spiral staircase that leads directly to the second floor owner's suite. The compact but well-appointed kitchen showcases a modern, refreshed feel with granite counter tops, gas cooktop and high grade appliances. From the kitchen, you'll discover the back staircase that leads to the ground floor suite of rooms and second kitchen.
The lower, ground level of Sommers Place offers entirely separate living quarters made up of a comfortable sitting area with flat screen TV, ideal to gather for the big game, a full kitchen for serving up beverages and snacks, a separate den with constructed-in desk for a peaceful spot to work remotely, laundry room with Washer/Dryer, two bedrooms, both with KING beds and two full bathrooms. This cavernous level, features a wall of arched windows that overlook the shady, enclosed courtyard and an arched door that accepts you to entertain outdoors directly from here.
Upstairs on the second floor, you'll find the owners suite, appointed with a KING BED and dressed in luxury linens, is really spectacular, consisting of three entire rooms, a sumptuous bath with Penhaglion copper soaking tub, dual sinks, step-in shower, plus a separate wardrobe room, with extensive constructed-in cabinetry and anchored by a generous island with ample drawer space. Nearby on this level, you'll find a second bedroom with QUEEN bed and en-suite bathroom with splendid tile and modern fixtures plus step-in shower.
This is aristocratic living for those desiring privacy and convenience for a walk everywhere stay in what is arguably the most pretty city in the South. Sommers Place offers an unparalleled opportunity to both live in and discover the city. The shoppes and eateries that line Charleston's famed King Street are just a short walk away along some of the most beloved streets in the Holy City. You are just blocks from the shopping and dining of Broad Street, the iconic pastel-colored homes of Rainbow Row, White Point Gardens and Charleston Harbor.
Sommers Place includes a gas grille located in the outdoor courtyard, and 1 off-street parking spot suitable for a compact car.
Two umbrellas are supplied for your convenience to use throughout your stay.
Each of our luxury vacation units is accessed by a keyless door code for ease of entry, and accepts for a zero-interaction check-in/check-out process. A door code specific to each guests' stay will be included by your Concierge on the date of your check-in. If you have any questions about directions or access to the property, your concierge will be ready and waiting to assist you by phone. In addition, for properties with gate or garage access, you will be given this access code on the day of your arrival as well.
Upon arrival, after the established 4PM check-in time, you may enter and exit the rental at your leisure with these codes. Additionally, requests can be made for your Concierge to meet you at the property upon check-in. We are here to make the check-in process a seamless one!
Our concierge team is committed to delivering exceptional service, impeccable cleanliness and all the amenities of your everyday home. With each stay you'll appreciate high thread count linens, spa quality towels, hair dryer, ironing board, washer and dryer, standard coffee maker, kitchen cookware and silverware, shower toiletries and soaps, additional linens and towels, air conditioning, cable and wireless internet, and more. With our concierge services you can choose to have our team handle all the details of your trip. From stocking your refrigerator to reserving beach equipment, there isn't much our Concierge team can't help you with during your stay. And should you need any recommendations, it would be our enjoyment to provide suggestions for eateries, make reservations, organize activities, and answer any questions.
Please note that the fireplaces are decorative and not for guest use.
We offer the option to purchase trip insurance through CSA Travel Insurance. We highly recommend adding trip insurance to your reservation, especially if you are traveling during hurricane season (June-November).
At the time of booking, we require a payment of 50% of your total rental amount. The remainder of your balance will be due 30 days prior to your check in date and will be automatically charged to the card we have on file. If you are booking within 30 days of your expected arrival date, the full payment is due at the time of booking.
Minimum rental age is 25.
Optional & Additional Fees
$150 Non-returnable Pet Fee/pet (max. one dog allowed) with a $1,000 security deposit returnable upon satisfactory inspection of the property upon departure, $50 Early Check In Fee, $25/hour late check out fee.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Charleston City Market and Rainbow Market Shopping Center. Patriots Point and Charleston Museum are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Tips to get the perfect rental home experience:
When to reserve a Charleston area rental & When to go:
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- To get the most suitable vacation home for your budget, we suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at your favorite restaurants and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Booking websites frequently offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guide magazines have discounts for nearby shops and restaurants.
Narrow your Search:
- First and foremost, have your group choose dates and a spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your group needs. NEW LISTING: South of Broad, Circa 1830 Getaway has 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always available online. Otherwise, call the property owner before reserving the vacation property. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches. You'll need to establish which bed configuration is best for your trip.
- If your group is traveling with pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly rental. Request details on breed, size, and type requirements. Note that some hosts charge additional pet fees.
- If there's a specific Charleston area attraction you crave, search for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
Advice for your stay:
- Be sure you get the owner's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. Put the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Hosts are there to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your vacation home while you're out and about. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- To make sure damages aren't attributed to your visit, make a record of any problem areas upon your arrival. E-mail the property manager right away to report any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors bothering your peaceful neighborhood. Practice the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all of your things. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your group have a great time? Most rental websites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or host was wonderful, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was amiss and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.0 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 0.1 miles
- Washington Square - 0.2 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.2 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.3 miles
- White Point Garden - 0.3 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.3 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.3 miles
- City Market - 0.5 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 0.3 miles
Ready to book NEW LISTING: South of Broad, Circa 1830 Getaway?Book Online Get Information Call: