- 4 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Car Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Police Contact
- Private Chef
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyLocated the exclusive Yacht Harbor area of Wild Dunes Resort on the Isle of Palms, this pretty 4 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom provides the ideal island hideaway. With private pool, golf course vistas, and a brief walk to the IOP Marina, it's a vacationer's dream!
Upon entry, the neutral colors and inviting furnishings welcome you to the living area with plenty of room to gather. Off the living room is a roomy porch area, ideal for taking in the salty air, appreciating a charming meal outdoor, watching the golfers play by, or even keeping an eye on the children in the outdoor private pool.
The modern kitchen, which is open the the dining and living room areas, is entirely supplied and includes upgraded appliances and copious space for preparing a delicious meal. The central island in the kitchen is an ideal place to gather for conversations and drinks while breakfast or dinner is being prepared. The enormous dining table seats 8 restfully and there are 3 bar stools at the island for additional visitors.
There is one bedroom on the first floor (Bedroom #1). It includes a King bed, TV, private balcony, and private bathroom. The remaining three bedrooms are located upstairs. The upstairs area also feature a cozy sitting room with a TV and a desk with a wireless printer. This is a useful spot for those who need to work or school remotely. Down the hall to the left, you'll find the second bedroom (Bedroom #2) which contains one set of full-size bunk beds (full over full). The room has a private bathroom and TV. The middle, or third, bedroom (Bedroom #3) will have a queen size bed, private bathroom, and a TV. To the right of the top of the stairs is the generous Master suite (Bedroom #4) which includes a King bed and its own private balcony overlooking the golf course. Those who get to stay here can appreciate a sizable private bathroom with double vanity and separate tub and shower.
One of the most special aspects of the unit is the backyard. Family and friends will want to spend hours calming by the pool and playing games. There is a fun outdoor bar area and a flat screen TV. It makes for ideal evening chats, outdoor dining and grilling, or easily to savor the marvelous nature surrounding the home. There is an outdoor shower to rinse the sand before entering the pool.
Take advantage of renting the home's golf cart for $150/week! Approval and waiver must be filled out. Be sure to mention upon renting.
Don't miss out on this great unit! Rent your stay with us today.
*Since many added precautions are still in place due to COVID-19, we cannot guarantee that all luxuries and businesses will be thoroughly operational during your stay. This may include community pools, spas, eateries, tourist attractions, etc. If you have specific requests or plans for your holiday, we encourage you to consider that this is a possibility when making a reservation. Compensation will not be supplied for these considerations.*
Pool Access: Private Pool (Can Not Be Heated) and Community Pool access with a Wild Dunes Sports Card
Beach Distance: 1.5 miles, Ask us about renting the home's golf cart!
Golf Cart: Yes, Additional Fee
View: Golf Course View
Family Animals: Not Accepted for Brief Term Units
Floor Level: Two Floors
Square Footage: Est.: 2400
Bedroom 1: King, TV, Private Bathroom, First Floor
Bedroom 2: Full Over Full Bunk Bed, TV, Private Bathroom, Second Floor
Bedroom 3: Queen, TV, Private Bathroom, Second Floor
Bedroom 4: King, Master, TV, Private Bathroom, Second Floor
Balcony: Deck/Covered Porch, Open Air Porches
Internet Access: WiFi
Parking: 2-3 cars in driveway and under home
BBQ Grille: Gas Grille
Fireplace: Unavailable For Guest Use
Non Smoking: Yes
Kitchen: Entirely Equipped
-- All Sweetgrass rental units include: bed linens, bath towels, access to washer/dryer, high-speed internet/WiFi, complimentary parking, no-contact remote check-in process, and a one-day starter supply kit of necessities (ex. paper towel roll, toilet paper, one trash bag, one packet of detergents, single-use soaps, and a package of coffee).--
Sports Card: Yes
Tennis Access: Pay To Play At Isle Of Palms Recreation Center & Wild Dunes Tennis Center
Golf Access: Pay To Play- Wild Dunes Links And Harbor Course - Ask About Other Public Courses In The Area
Vacation Rental By Owner # 2198517
This unit has a Wild Dunes SportsCard. This is a club membership to be able to access certain Wild Dunes Resort amenities. You must pick up your SportsCard at the Spa at Sweetgrass in the Sweetgrass Inn. The access includes:
Swim Center Pool (located behind the conference center): Free access ALL DAY; heated pool.
Giant Pavilion Boardwalk and Oceanfront Pools: Free access starting at 4PM; not heated.
Resort Exercise Center (located next to the Port O'Telephone Villas): $15 per person/per day, $40 for 3 day pass, $50 for 5 day pass
Wild Dunes Tennis Center: Court units after 12pm
Island Adventures Recreation, seasonal events and children camps.
Other activities on the Isle of Palms include, kayaking, dolphin watching, crabbing and fishing, walking along the three mile stretch of sandy beach, combing the shoreline for shells and other treasures, or just easily savoring the island life.
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus supply tourism guide books with deals for accommodations, dining and activities. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are the vacation dates flexible? The off-peak seasons will offer amazing rates on rental accommodations.
- Many management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or repeat guests to the same vacation home. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a special offer.
- Is there a particular experience that you are mainly looking forward to ? If there's a particular Charleston area activity that you love, look for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners frequently offer guests the opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often times surprised at the range and selection of short term vacation rentals available in the Charleston area area. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to locate a vacation home that fits their wishes and price range.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and working experience to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most novices will be delighted to discover that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you know where they should search.
Finding and reserving the best vacation property:
Before you decide to book "NEW LISTING- Gorgeous Home- PRIVATE Pool- Yacht Harbor WILD DUNES", read through our brief collection of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many desirable destinations, In Charleston area the best rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental home..
Choose a Town and Date
Begin by picking which particular area of Charleston area you would like to visit, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
Exactly How Much Rental home Do You Actually Need?
Establish who is traveling, and just how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you need to have. Keep in mind that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the company. Generally rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Establish Your Budget
Will your selected rental property suit your budget during that popular Summer week? If many groups or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. In most cases, one member of the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and collecting each person's share.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What property features is the family interested in? Is a screened deck a requirement? Does the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or in close proximity to shopping? Are sheets offered with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the most appropriate rental.
Occasionally the older generation has trouble with stairs. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, include that into your search. Almost all rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a furry friend? Even though a number of rentals allow family pets, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and dog breeds can be controlled. Make sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Searching the Internet
Once the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local agencies generally have an exclusive selection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation home has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental management company might know of very similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Read the Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular charge, guests have to pay state taxes when renting "NEW LISTING- Gorgeous Home- PRIVATE Pool- Yacht Harbor WILD DUNES", along with any other additional fees that may be mandatory depending on their situation, including a dog charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation rental management companies and property owners commonly offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed due to personal health care emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Make sure that you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. If you discover damages, or if repairs are needed get in touch with the home manager immediately.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many problems.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Natives will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a visit a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives are a fantastic source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Tidy up a little. Despite the fact that you're paying a cleaning fee, The rental really should be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, surplus sand on the floor and sticky messes ought to be addressed before leaving.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to confirm no damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Virtually all rental management company web sites request reviews after your stay . Owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but sincere regarding your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the people in your group. How did they like the property? Hopefully everything ended up being ideal and you are happy to re-book the rental for your next vacation. Maybe the rental property was not quite right, and you'll better understand how to refine your search next time.