- As low as $532/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hardwood flooring in public areas
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Laundry detergent
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near the bay
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Porch or lanai
- Power boating nearby
- Security system
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Sofa bed
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
* Please read the entire listing prior to booking. **
FAUNA HOME comprises the entire lower floor of a striking 1905 Charleston residence, blending modern updates with preserved historical features such as original wood floors, ornamental fireplaces (non-functional), and authentic window panes. Feel the captivating ambiance of turn-of-the-century Charleston living, offering generously sized bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and a living room with a convenient Queen-sized couch bed. The freshly refreshed kitchen comfortably seats 8 guests.
LOCATION: Just 5 blocks from the acclaimed King Street, Fauna House offers convenient access to Charleston's best dining and cafes. Within a two-block radius, you'll find establishments like Xiao Bao Biscuit, Bad Bunnies Coffee, Pink Cactus, Blackout Burger, 132 Spring Coffee and Kitchen Bar, Chasing Sage, Holey City Bagels, Fuel Charleston, and more.
CELEBRATIONS: Notably, the eat-in kitchen features a unique 8 foot x 4 foot "celebration board" where guests can decorate the space for their special celebration. (We ask that guests not decorate in other areas or use tape or any other fixative on our walls.)
PARKING: This unit offers one (1) parking spot. Parking in downtown Charleston is tight and we're happy to be able to offer our guests an off-street parking spot. Additional cars can be parked at any City of Charleston Parking Garage. More information in check-in emails.
NEED MORE SPACE? Please send an inquiry for more availability, including this unit's "twin" on the upstairs floor, named Flora House: We also have additional units available a few blocks away that can accommodate from 1 to enormous groups of 14 - or any combination of units: ideal for wedding and bachelorette accommodations, or family get-togethers.
- No events or events allowed.
- Only guests on the reservation and registered with Host are allowed.
- No smoking of any kind, nor candles inside the unit nor outside on the porch, parking areas.
- No family pets allowed.
- EVs (electric cars) are not to be connected to outlets.
- City of Charleston Quiet hours from 11 pm to 7 am.
- Non-compliance may result in immediate termination without refund.
Check-In Time: 4pm
Check-Out Time: 10am
GUEST REGISTRATION: Before arrival, all guests must register with complete names, dates of birth, car information, a valid unexpired photo ID, and acceptance of the renters agreement. A confirmation e-mail will be sent upon submission. Check-in details, including door and WiFi codes, will be emailed 48 hours prior to arrival. Accurate guest information is required to avoid cancellation without a refund.
SECURITY DEPOSIT HOLD: A security deposit hold of $700 is required by HCVR for this unit. It will be released 7 days after checkout if no issues arise. The security deposit hold is placed by HCVR and may involve separate payment methods.
TV: Appreciate SmartTVs with complimentary content apps. Guests can log into their own app accounts and must log off before leaving. No cable or local TV channels included.
CONSUMABLES: We offer initial supplies (coffee, creamer, sugar) for the Keurig. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, laundry pods, detergent, and trash bags based on availability. Starter supplies not replenished during stay. Consider bringing additional or buying locally for bigger quantities.
WIFI: Guests have complimentary access to WiFi. Modifying or disconnecting the WiFi service, including for T.V.s, WiFi, and door locks, is not allowed. Any intentional tampering or disconnection of WiFi and/or routers will result in immediate eviction without a refund. Standard internet connectivity supplied; capacity and speed limitations could apply when handling high-bandwidth demands.
POTENTIAL FOR NOISE: Please note that while Fauna House offers a more relaxing location away from King Street, it still enjoys the vibrant energy of an urban setting. Guests may experience typical street noises, passersby, garbage trucks, and occasional noise from the unit above. By renting this unit, you acknowledge and accept the potential for such noise
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY: Review your reservation's policy. Cancellations within refund period have 3% processing fee. Consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Insurance. No refunds for appliance/internet/HVAC/water issues. No refunds for power outages, internet disruptions, water shortages, flooding, construction, or evacuations due to natural events.
HURRICANE SEASON AND WEATHER EVENTS: Refunds/cancellations for hurricanes are only available with specific Governor-issued evacuation order for Charleston County during your stay. Our policy excludes weather events affecting your departure or transit locations. No refunds for other weather-related incidents, sickness, or flight cancellations as per our cancellation policy. Hurricane season is June to November. Protect your plans by purchasing Travel Insurance from Holy City Vacation Units or a trusted provider.
GUEST COMPLAINTS: Notify the Host promptly to address and resolve issues. Failure to communicate complaints timely forfeits the right to raise concerns. Host not responsible for external noises.
- Leave bed(s) unmade, but not stripped.
- Place used towels on bathroom floor.
- Run dishwasher if needed.
- Remove all food from refrigerator and freezer, ensuring nothing is left.
- Dispose of closed trash bags in designated bin near parking area.
- Double-check belongings.
- Close and lock all doors, including porches.
- Send text message to notify check-out.
NOTE: Guests acknowledge housekeeping fee covers standard cleaning (linen change, floor, kitchen, bathroom). Extra cleaning, e.g., biohazardous fluids, may cost up to $1000. Linens/furnishings replaced at replacement value.
SECURITY CAMERAS: This property is equipped with external perimeter security cameras to monitor public areas such as porches, parking areas, front doors, and common spaces. These cameras are active and record video and audio for enhanced security during guest reservations. Any attempt to disconnect, cover, or tamper with the cameras will result in immediate eviction without a refund.
PEST CONTROL: Despite routine pest control services, occasional bugs such as flies, ants, mosquitoes, gnats, palmetto bugs, and flying termites are possible in the coastal region of South Carolina, specifically in Charleston. Guests should be vigilant about closing doors to prevent pests from entering. Please note that HCVR does not offer refunds for pest complaints.. If a guest makes a fraudulent claim about pests to seek compensation, they will be charged for a service call from the security deposit.
POLLEN SEASON in Charleston takes place from March to June, peaking in April. During this time, trees release fine-textured pollen that floats through the air, leaving a yellow dust coating on various surfaces. To minimize pollen indoors, it is recommended to keep doors closed. However, it's important to note that HCVR does not offer refunds for complaints related to pollen.
SERVICE ANIMALS: Family Animals are not allowed on the rental property. Any presence of pets will result in eviction and forfeiture of payments. However, service animals are welcome. Owners of service animals must answer two ADA-related questions: 1) Is the animal required due to a disability? 2) What tasks is the animal trained to perform? Guests must provide a rabies vaccination certificate and keep the service animal with them at all times – no crating nor leaving them alone in the unit. Misrepresenting pets as service animals will lead to eviction without a refund and potential penalties as per SC Code Section 47-3-980. Failure to provide requested information will be considered as having a pet, leading to reservation cancellation. Misrepresenting a pet as a service animal may result in eviction and a pet cleaning fee of up to $1000.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS, defined as the person making the reservation on the behalf of others.
Charleston City Permit: 03164
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Charleston Music Hall and Aiken-Rhett House Museum are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Our top Vacation rental booking tips and tricks:
When to reserve a Charleston area rental & When to go:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is an excellent way to save money on your vacation. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season.
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer rate reductions for veterans and active duty military. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your family.
- Property managers often offer renters an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great information, travel guides contain money saving offers on local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Make a plan and choose your Charleston area vacation home:
- Choose dates and spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your family needs. Fauna House Downtown Charleston has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is often available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, call the host before reserving the home. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds.
- If there's an individual Charleston area destination you simply love, search for rentals that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or charges could be applied to your invoice.
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and save the directions to your phone.
- During check-in, note any issues with the property and immediately contact the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often, surrounding homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are away, just like you would at home.
- At departure, take a final walk-through to confirm you haven't forget any personal items. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your group have a great time? Many rental managers make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your rental and/or property management company was terrific, they would love to hear about it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles