About this Property
- Sleeps 14
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
*Plug in your dates to see the full quote! Email us with any questions regarding the home or the quote or discounts.
**Available all year! During the Summer months, bookings are Saturday to Saturday, but we have a 3 nighttime min in the off-season**
New to our Island Collection, 'Makin' Waves', 16 54th Ave. is ideal for sizable families as there is plenty of room to spread out with three separate living areas. The six bedrooms and six baths will sleep up to 14 guests. Appreciate a private pool with a huge deck and a beach path right beside the home that takes you straight to the beach.
- 3,294 sq. ft.
- 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms
- Close to ocean
- Private pool (heatable electric - $500 for 3-7 nights)
- Three living rooms
- Beach access beside the home
- Full list of amenities available below
- Bedroom 1: King bed, en suite full bath – tub/shower combo, TV
- Bedroom 2: King bed, shared full bath – stand up shower, TV, porch access
- Bedroom 3: King bed, shared full bath – stand up shower, TV, porch access
- Bedroom 4: (2) Twin beds with trundles and a double bed, shared full bath across the hall – tub/shower combo, TV
- Bedroom 5: King bed, en suite bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 6: (2) Queen beds, shared full bath across hall – tub/shower combo, TV
- Full bathroom by front door
- Full bathroom in second sitting room on first floor
--What Exclusive Properties Offers--
Working with Exclusive Properties gives you a vacation experience unlike any other. With a completely staffed office located on Isle of Palms and 24 hour emergency line, we are always committed to making sure your stay with us is exceptional.
We manage cleaning and maintenance staffs to ensure the highest quality service. Our concierge services can help you organize private chefs, massage therapists and all the best that Isle of Palms has to offer.
We require the first half of your rental amount at the time of booking. The remainder of your rental amount will be due 45 days prior to your arrival. If you book within 45 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at booking.
We offer travel insurance to all of our guests through Red Sky. Red Sky specializes in the Isle of Palms area and covers you in the occurrence of a mandatory evacuation, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. The cost is 6.95% of your rental cost. Please e-mail for exact cost. We recommend getting travel insurance through us. Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway will also sell their own version through CSA. We also offer a new kind of travel insurance, called Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian, and is 10.8% of the total. You will be covered for all of the main travel insurance emergencies as well. If you make a claim that falls under the main travel insurance, you will get 100% back (minus premium), but if you decide to cancel for a reason not covered, then you will get 60% back (minus premium)
Each reservation is charged a $1,000 returnable security deposit. The security deposit will be run in the week leading up to your arrival, and will be entirely refunded within 30 days of your departure after we have inspected the home for any major damages. Sometimes this is done and returned quicker than 30days. This security deposit is not supplied in your quoted rate on Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway.
We Highly recommend purchasing travel insurance (Red Sky or Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian). If you do not have it or are cancelling for a reason not covered, then our cancellation policy will occur.
1. Red Sky travel insurance- 6.95% of rental total and you get 100% back (minus premium):
-You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they get COVID-19 (or any illness) and prevents you from coming. Any illness that causes cancellation/interruption and has an Attending Physician's Statement evidencing the diagnosis and doctor ordered travel restriction is covered.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they are medically quarantined by a doctor with a letter from the Health Department.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they experience loss of job due to COVID-19 or any other reason (must be employed over a year and can't be self-employed).
-Other covered reasons include, but not limited to- Mandatory evacuation due to Hurricane, injury or death, flight delay due to weather, car accident , extension of school year, and more.
2. Rental Guardian “Cancel for Any Reason”- 10.8% of rental total and you get 60% back (minus premium):
-You can cancel for ANY reason up until 2 days prior to your reservation start date. If you are booking 10days prior to your start date, then you cannot add this insurance.
-If you cancel for a reason covered by the normal travel insurance plan above, like, mandatory evacuation, injury or death, sickness, etc. then, you will still have the normal travel insurance coverage as well and would be paid out at 100% (minus premium).
*Please ask us (Exclusive Properties) about where and how to purchase this CFAR travel insurance.
Our cancellation policy if you do not have Travel Insurance or if you cancel for a reason not covered states:
Guest cancellation must be in writing and balance paid in full. If you cancel your reservation, all monies will be held until the property has been rebooked and confirmed for the same rental period for the same rate. There are NO exceptions. If the property is rebooked for only part of the rental period or for a reduced rate for the reserved days, your deposit will be refunded minus any uncollected rent for the rental period, guest cancellations are subject to a cancellation processing fee of $250, and 10% of the rental. If the property rebooks, you can move your funds (less any discount or unpaid rent) at 100% to dates in the future within 1 year of original check in date. If the property isn't rebooked all monies will be forfeited.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is near theme parks and near the beach. Charleston Lighthouse and Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Mount Pleasant Towne Centre and Fairmount Shopping Plaza Shopping Center. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Credit One Stadium or Blackbaud Stadium. Kayaking, water skiing, and water tubing offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with ecotours nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Our top Vacation rental booking tips:
When to visit & When to reserve a Isle of Palms rental home:
- The earlier your group can reserve a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved early. Booking your vacation home up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home.
- Summer is high season in Isle of Palms. Booking your Charleston area vacation rental in Fall or Spring months is an excellent way to save money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable homes. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Some hosts and property managers offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites typically offer guests an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines that include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Choosing the perfect vacation home:
- First and foremost, have your group commit to a vacation week and a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your family needs. Makin' Waves- 6 bedroom, private pool, close to beach has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often available on booking websites. If not, call the host before you book the home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Some rentals allow pets, but some don't. Acceptable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the owner about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Visiting for a specific attraction? If so, use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. .
Know before you go:
- Take a copy of the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your . We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, stereo or appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents many difficulties.
- Keep your rental home locked while you're gone! Don't let thieves spoil your trip.
- To make sure that no damages are attributed to your visit, inspect for any problem areas during arrival. text the rental manager immediately to record your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud vacationers disrupting your peace and quiet. Use the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Re-check the property to confirm that you've packed everything at check-out. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, ensure that you take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on good ratings to drive future bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.