- As low as $173/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deck or patio
- Dining table
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Welcome the Lucille House, constructed in 1852, loaded with historic character and located in the striking tree-lined neighborhood of Cannonborough-Elliotborough. The location is in a really historic and incredibly walkable neighborhood. You will feel like a local! Named after a prior owner of this classic Charleston line home, you will fall in adore with the richly patinaed original oak floors, twelve-foot ceilings throughout, and original plaster walls. The location is wonderfully walkable to many eateries and bars, MUSC, historical points of interest and just 6 blocks from King Street!
The unit is the entire first floor of the home (second floor is a separate private residence) and features two bedrooms each with a comfortable king size bed and private en suite bathroom. The family room is comfortably furnished and features a sizable flat screen TV. The home is charmingly decorated in shades of white and earthy tones. The bathrooms and kitchen have been refreshed to modern standards, and there is a full-size washer and dryer in the unit for guest use. The kitchen is well equipped with a collection of modern and vintage finds.
The private first floor piazza is the ideal setting to relax and appreciate a drink with friends. The property has one dedicated parking space behind the home. Fun fact: This home was once rented by one of the earlier seasons cast members of “Southern Charm”! The exterior and interior were filmed and can be spotted in earlier seasons of the Bravo series.
The Neighborhood: Cannonborough- Elliottborough
The home is a five min. walk (or less!) to so many eateries (Xiao Bao Biscuit, Estadio, Vern’s, Chubby Fish, R Kitchen are a few favorites), coffee stores, and bakeries (Brown’s Court Bakery and Holy City Bagels are a couple of local favorites).
10 min. walk to MUSC campus
6 blocks to King Street
20 min. drive to local beaches (Sullivan’s Island and Folly Beach are local favorites) and 20 min. drive to Charleston Airport.
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests staying with Duvet Homes have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston. This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch, dinner, trendy drinks, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $30 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $50 per person: Saturdays
Monthly passes can be purchased for a discounted rate *Access to the Wonderer is Subject to change based on Seasonality, Weather factors, and are first come, first serve, so please make sure to confirm operating hours for the dates of your stay. Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 6 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 6+ rent a Cabana.
All guests must be at least 25 years or older to access the Club and must consent (in writing) to the Club Rules and Regulations.
*Please also note that Duvet Homes is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Supplied With Each Stay:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WIfi
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Mini Dish/Laundry Detergents
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Other Things To Note:
Our Housekeeping Team members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated. Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
About the Area
This apartment is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Charleston Music Hall and Aiken-Rhett House Museum. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Our top Charleston rental home booking tips and tricks:
Getting the most from your vacation rental budget:
- The sooner you can book a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your rental up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Summer time is high season in the Charleston area area. To book the best vacation home within budget, we suggest booking in Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at local restaurants, tours, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months.
- Some property management companies offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer their guests an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area area magazine upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides have deals for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
How to select the best vacation rental in the Charleston area area:
- Start by selecting your vacation dates and a max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Lucille House- Beautiful & Walkable 2br/2ba Downtown Apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is regularly accessible on booking websites. If not, call the property owner before you book the vacation home. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to determine what is right for your vacation group.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask your host about your furry family members before booking.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
More tips for your visit:
- Get the host's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, intercom or appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call prevents quite a few concerns.
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home while you are out, just like you would at home.
- Document any damages to the property during check in, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are useful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious vacationers bothering your quiet neighborhood. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and places you would have never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- At departure, complete a walk-through to confirm you haven't leave anything behind. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your group have a excellent stay? Most rental websites make it easy for clients to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles