- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00392
The space is upstairs with a great classic Charleston porch. The apartment gets great sun light and includes a King sized bed in the master bedroom. There is a single size bed in a reading nook in the front of the apartment off of the the living room. The bed fits in the whole room. The Kitchen has a gas stove and stainless steel appliances. The shelves are heat pine floor boards taken out of the Historic preservation society of COFC.
Guests will have exclusive access to the entire 2nd floor of the main home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can park one car on the street with the use of supplied passes. We may be able to give off street parking by availability. If you do need parking, please let us know in advance so we may coordinate accordingly.
The home is located in the heart of the dazzling and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its affable neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic magic. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very famed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix readily located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the peerless things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus will offer you travel guides with special offers for rental homes, dining and activities. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you can vacation? Off-peak times offer up considerable savings.
- Several rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or repeat visitors to the same vacation home. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some rental properties are practically catered to specific clients, whether it's oceanside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and interesting attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Consider getting trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to discover just how many rental homes are offered in Charleston area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and expertise to provide easy operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be happy to learn that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
Searching for and booking the right vacation property:
Do you think "Live like a Local in Downtown" is the best rental property for your next vacation? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner, The Better
Charleston area rental homes start booking very early. To get the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your trip. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for groups to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Choose a Village and Time
Sometimes, the toughest part of preparing for your trip is choosing where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, everything else will be more straightforward.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is going, and just how many/what particular bedroom configuration you will need. Consider that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, email or call the property owner before you book.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Pay?
Will your favorite rental home suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If a few groups or families are sharing the cost, make sure each group understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. A single individual in your group will have to be in charge of gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group searching for? Do you simply want a property with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or near restaurants? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental fee? Make a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Adequate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Are you or other people in the gang travelling with a family pet? Animal guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and breeds might be limited. Study your contract carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
When the location, dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the very best rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local rental management companies. Apart from offering exceptional rental properties, local companies provide you with superb service..
When you have found your dream rental, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Total Agreement
Read the full contract and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard price, travelers have to pay local taxes when booking "Live like a Local in Downtown", along with various other additional fees which might be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental home management companies and property owners typically offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the property. If you find wear and tear, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the property manager straight away. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be very helpful.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many hassles.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Often, adjacent households are lived in by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a little bit. Even when you're paying a housekeeping fee, The rental is required to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dishes, substantial beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be remedied before you leave.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damage. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Most rental home management companies and rental home sites allow travellers to offer comments. If your rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but completely honest with regards to your stay. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to solve the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. Did everybody have a blast? Ideally everything was perfect and you're excited to reserve the rental home for your next vacation. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience to aid with another search.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles