- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00392
The space is upstairs with a great classic Charleston porch. The apartment gets great sun light and includes a King sized bed in the master bedroom. There is a single size bed in a reading nook in the front of the apartment off of the the living room. The bed fits in the whole room. The Kitchen has a gas stove and stainless steel appliances. The shelves are heat pine floor boards taken out of the Historic preservation society of COFC.
Guests will have exclusive access to the entire 2nd floor of the main home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can park one car on the street with the use of included passes. We may be able to give off street parking by availability. If you do need parking, please let us know in advance so we may coordinate accordingly.
The home is located in the heart of the Striking and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its neighborly neighbors, inviting eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic beauty. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very acclaimed King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix comfortably located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most great things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber & Lyft
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Our Housekeeping Team members tidy and sanitize all hard surfaces of our holiday homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the premium hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these most exemplary practices, our employees, clients, and visitors should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property owners and vacation homes supply Charleston area area promotional travel magazines which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the local vendor itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, since this allows travelers to discover the very same activities at a substantial discounted.
- Able to change your trip dates? Shoulder seasons provide amazing promotions.
- Are you a military veteran? Some rental companies provide discounted prices to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are practically designed to serve specific guests, whether it is beachfront homes with pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private boat launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and interesting attractions you are most interested in.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed a result of health-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Information
Some people are surprised to learn just how many rentals can be found in Charleston area. With such a big selection, clients are sure to find a property which fits their wishes and spending plan.
The majority of vacation homes in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they manage the advertising and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most beginners will be delighted to realize that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know where they should look.
Searching for and reserving the best rental:
Before you book "The Medallion - (Live like a Local in Historic Downtown) - NEWLY RENOVATED - Steps from Estadio", go through our brief collection of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many renowned hot spots, In Charleston area the best rental properties are booked early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months before your trip. A lot of families decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Agreement can often be tricky among relatives, but once this difficult part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
Just How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Be aware that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Generally rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Will the preferred rental property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If many groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure that each person knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental documents call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What amenities is the family trying to find? Are you looking for a rental property with outside lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental fee? Create a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your best friend! Animal policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Examine your contract thoroughly! Extra charges may apply when animals are included.
Its Time to Search
When the location, time and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local companies frequently have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've found your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read through the Entire Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Rental management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed due to personal medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a dispute about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be very helpful.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Often times, nearby homes are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of advice.
- Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check each room of the rental to make certain you've packed all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Many vacation rental websites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Property owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing ratings. If anything was unacceptable and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the property wasn't as described, you will want to note that in your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Did everyone have a great time? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental unit. Maybe the rental home was not quite right, and you'll better understand how to refine your search next time.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles