- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00392
The space is upstairs with a great classic Charleston porch. The apartment gets great sun light and includes a King sized bed in the master bedroom. There is a single size bed in a reading nook in the front of the apartment off of the the living room. The bed fits in the whole room. The Kitchen has a gas stove and stainless steel appliances. The shelves are heat pine floor boards taken out of the Historic preservation society of COFC.
Guests will have exclusive access to the entire 2nd floor of the main home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
Parking is on street for 1 car during your stay. Parking is supplied for 1 car on street with a parking pass FOR STAYS 3 DAYS OR LESS. Stays 3 days or longer, please inquire with our team to see if we can accommodate, otherwise please plan on using 1 of the local garages within walking distance to park.
The home is located in the heart of the glamourous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, peaceful eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic glamour. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Ordinary, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, The Jetty, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix comfortably located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all over your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most attractive things to do and see.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, libations, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber & Lyft
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Our Housekeeping Team members tidy and sanitize all hard surfaces of our holiday homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the premium hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these most exemplary practices, our employees, clients, and visitors should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WIfi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property managers and vacation homes provide Charleston area area promotional travel magazines which include money-saving coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or by a partnership between the property manager and the local merchant itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Are the travel dates changeable? Off-peak times offer considerable deals.
- Many property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the Military, or repeat guests of the same rental home. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Is there a particular activity that you are most looking forward to ? You will definitely get the most value from a home that most thoroughly matches your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Management companies and individual home owners typically offer their customers the chance to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to discover the number of vacation rentals are offered in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an perfect retreat to accommodate their Charleston area family, from restful condominiums to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical knowledge to provide easy operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
We have developed a short guide to help you get the most from your rental experience.
Finding and reserving the best rental home:
Do you believe "The Medallion - (Live like a Local in Historic Downtown) - NEWLY RENOVATED - Steps from Estadio" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming visit? Browse through this check list to make sure it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Charleston area rental homes start booking early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. Many groups decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Agreement can often be challenging among family, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental home
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you will need. Be mindful that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
Commit to a Budget
Confirm that "The Medallion - (Live like a Local in Historic Downtown) - NEWLY RENOVATED - Steps from Estadio" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before reserving a costly vacation property. Most of the time, one person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and recovering each party's contribution.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What amenities is the group searching for? Are you looking for a rental with outside lounge? Will the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or in close proximity to wildlife? Does the unit have bicycles and beach toys available throughout your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Make sure you include your companion! Pets are welcome at many rental homes, but guidelines differ. Many restrictions might eliminate a prospective rental home. Make sure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Best places to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match guests with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies typically have a unique collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
When you have identified your dream rental, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal charge, guests will need to pay state taxes when booking "The Medallion - (Live like a Local in Historic Downtown) - NEWLY RENOVATED - Steps from Estadio", along with any other additional fees which may be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Rental home management companies and home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any necessary repairs.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip substantially more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred in the course of your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Many rental home sites request feedback after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing critiques. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but honest regarding your rental experience. The best owners and managers will work hard to fix the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did everybody have a great time? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific rental home. Otherwise, you have acquired useful experience that will help with another search.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles