- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00392
The space is on the ground level. It has 2 entrances, 2 porches and 1.5 bedrooms. The master bedroom includes a full bathroom, where the living space / bedroom has a queen size pull out couch and a half bath.
Savor gracious living in our Charleston home, freshly refurbished everywhere in a sympathetic, modern style. We aim to maximise the experience you ever had with the most superb accommodation available.
Guests will have exclusive access to the entire 1st floor of the main home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull one car off the street and into a shared driveway, which makes packing and unpacking a wind. If you do need parking, please let us know so we can coordinate with our other visitors.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its helpful neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic magic. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix comfortably located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all through your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the best things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property owners and rental houses supply Charleston area area promotional guides which include deals, either offered individually by merchants, or through a relationship between the management company and the local vendor itself. Be on the lookout for these publications and coupon books, since this allows travelers to experience the same great activities at a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Desire to stay away from the crowds of people? Off-peak times offer up sizeable markdowns.
- Are you a military veteran? Quite a few vacation rental companies offer price savings to veterans and active-duty military. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some homes are particularly suited for specific types of guests. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to music venues. You'll get the most value from a rental which most thoroughly matches your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners typically offer customers the chance to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often surprised at the number and variety of short-term rental properties available in the Charleston area area. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to locate a vacation home that matches their desires and spending budget.
Nearly all rental homes in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in assisting families with booking, check-in, housekeeping, as well as routine maintenance issues that may arise.
We've put together a brief guide to help you get the most from your vacation property experience.
How to find and book a great vacation rental:
Do you believe "Live like a Local in Charleston" is the perfect rental property for your next getaway? Read this guide to make sure it fits your needs.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Charleston area the best rental homes are booked very early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months prior to a trip. Holiday reunions can be a great time for groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Start by deciding which specific area of Charleston area you want to browse, and the determine trip dates.
Select a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the family. Most rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Does your chosen rental home fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If a few individuals or families are sharing the cost, always make sure that each person knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. One individual in your group will need to be given the task of gathering payments and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your family interested in? Do you want a vacation property with patio kitchen? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home charge? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
In some cases the elder generation has trouble with staircases. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, include that into your search. Almost all property postings include a list of amenities.
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Do not forget to include your companion! Pets are welcome at a number of rentals, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and breeds might be limited. You'll want to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when animals are included.
Searching the Internet
As soon as the place, time and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your greatest prospects for a reduced rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Study the Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular fee, vacationers must pay local taxes when booking "Live like a Local in Charleston", as well as various other fees that may be required depending on their situation, including a pet fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal health emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Home
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. If you discover damages, or if repairs are required call the rental manager straight away. This will prevent disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Be respectful of the community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Although you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The property needs to be in good shape. Sinks brimming with pots and pans, substantial beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many vacation rental websites request reviews after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but completely honest regarding your stay. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the problem.
Learn from your Experience
Did they love their rental? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning will be easy. If the rental home wasn't quite right, and you will better recognize how to filter your search for the next trip.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.3 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles