- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Private Chef
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00392
The space is on the ground level. It has 2 entrances, 2 porches and 1.5 bedrooms 2 full bathrooms. The master bedroom includes an en-suite bathroom and King bed, where the living space / bedroom has a queen size pull out couch and a full bath as well.
Adore gracious living in our Charleston home, newly refurbished all through in a sympathetic, modern style. We aim to maximise the experience you ever had with the most attractive accommodation available.
Guests will have exclusive access to the entire 1st floor of the main home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull one car off the street and into a shared driveway, which makes packing and unpacking a wind. If you do need parking, please let us know so we can coordinate with our other visitors.
The home is located in the heart of the beautiful and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, peaceful eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic beauty. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Ordinary, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, The Jetty, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix readily located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your appreciation, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand all over your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most striking things to do and see.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber & Lyft
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WIfi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of renting.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guides with deals for property management companies, restaurants and tours. Be on the lookout for these guides and discount books, since this allows visitors to enjoy the same great activities with a often considerable discounted.
- Is it possible to alter your dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for cost savings. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular types of visitors. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to music venues. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a consequence of medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
Newcomers are often shocked at the number and selection of short-term rentals available in the Charleston area area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
Below are great tips and tricks to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Do you believe "The Mirage - (Live like a Local in Charleston) - NEWLY RENOVATED - Steps from Estadio" is the perfect rental for your upcoming trip? Read this checklist to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Charleston area rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your vacation. Many families prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Pick your Town and Travel Week
Agreement can often be complicated between members of the family, but once this challenging part is finished everything will start to drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Be mindful that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your family. Most rental home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Establish Your Budget
Does the preferred rental property suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to booking a costly rental property. A single individual in your party will have to be in charge of gathering contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Vacation home Amenities
What home features is your group interested in? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental property with open-air dining area? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Are linens included with the rental contract, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Special Factors to consider
In some cases the older generation has problems with stairways. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Dog Needs a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your companion! Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines can vary. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be controlled. Be sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
Many websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies frequently have a unique selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the property has everything you need. If lacking, the rental management company might know of very similar properties that suit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read through the Total Contract
Read through the complete agreement and be certain you are aware who is liable for:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
If you'd like to Cancel
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Rental management companies and rental owners often offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives reassurance should tragedy strike.
As soon as you feel you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Remember that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Be sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages when you arrive. We also suggest immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any critical repairs.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Locals will be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each room of the rental property to assure you've collected all possessions.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Many vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit customers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with the people in your group. Did they like the rental choice? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning will be relatively easy. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable experience that will help with your next search.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.3 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles