- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Porch / Veranda
- Private Chef
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00392
The space is on the ground level. It has 2 entrances, 2 porches and 1.5 bedrooms 2 full bathrooms. The master bedroom includes an en-suite bathroom and King bed, where the living space / bedroom has a queen size pull out couch and a full bath as well.
Savor gracious living in our Charleston home, newly refurbished all over in a sympathetic, modern style. We aim to maximise the experience you ever had with the peerless accommodation available.
Guests will have exclusive access to the entire 1st floor of the main home. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull one car off the street and into a shared driveway, which makes packing and unpacking a wind. If you do need parking, please let us know so we can coordinate with our other visitors.
The home is located in the heart of the dazzling and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its amicable neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic charisma. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural holiday. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include the Coquin Petite Cafe, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Ice Bing, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Poke San, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. Our visitors and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to 132 Spring or Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a brief walk from the very outstanding King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, rent stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries. Publix comfortably located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can give self- check-in instructions for your comfort, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand everywhere your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the most ideal things to do and see.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber & Lyft
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS UNIT IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Unit Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or visitors in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Unit Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outdoor of the unit, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Brief Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most tourism bureaus supply tourism guides with savings for rental home management companies, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to change your trip dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer phenomenal rates on rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? Many property management companies offer discounted rates to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some properties are primarily designed for particular types of visitors. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to nightlife. If there's a particular Charleston area activity that you love, search for properties that cater especially to you.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed due to medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gas.
General Rental Home Information
First-timers are often times shocked at the range and wide selection of short-term rentals available in the Charleston area area. With such a big selection, renters are sure to come across a property that meets their expectations and spending budget.
The majority of rental homes in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their properties, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with booking, checking-in, house cleaning, and any repairs and maintenance problems that may occur.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however many novices will be happy to discover that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
Finding and reserving the best rental property:
Before you decide to book "The Mirage - (Live like a Local in Charleston) - NEWLY RENOVATED - Steps from Estadio", go through our brief checklist of points to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many popular hot spots, In Charleston area the best rentals are booked early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months before your vacation. Holiday gatherings are a great time for family groups to plan their Summer trips..
Choose a Village and Time
Consensus can often be difficult among relatives, but once this complicated part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
Selecting an Appropriately-Sized Rental property
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Consider that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your party. Most vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Most vacation rentals are marketed with a price range. Confirm the rate for your selected trip. It could be at the high end of the range. If several groups or families are sharing the cost, check that each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. In most cases, a single member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group looking for? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Does the unit have bicycles and beach toys available during your stay? Build a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Proper access can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Take the Dog
Remember to include your best friend! Pet policies are different at each property. Read descriptions carefully. Make sure to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *before* you book!
Searching the Internet
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local agencies often times have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. Off-peak season offers your best chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Read the Total Contract
Read through the entire contract and be sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard price, vacationers have to pay state taxes when booking "The Mirage - (Live like a Local in Charleston) - NEWLY RENOVATED - Steps from Estadio", as well as various other fees that may be required depending on their situation, including a dog charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health care emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental Home
When you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear immediately after you arrive. We also advise immediately calling the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any required fixes. If there is a dispute about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts could be helpful.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay much more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for property damage. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Nearly all rental home sites ask for testimonials after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but honest with regards to experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to solve the issue.
Learn and Improve
Did everyone have a great time? If everything was fantastic, next year's vacation planning will be simple and easy. If the rental was not ideal, and you will better understand how to refine your search for the next time.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.3 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles