- As low as $796/Week
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Limited onsite parking (max 4 spaces)
- Limited onsite parking (max 4 spaces)
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 10
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1792 sq ft (166 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this PropertyPermit Number: 02210, 02211
This home consist of two suites. The downstairs suite has 2 bedrooms and one bath. Including a modernized kitchen. The bedrooms are set at either end of the apartment giving guest privacy for each other during their stay. The bathroom has just been entirely refreshed and features a tub with shower and tiled floors. The furnishings include a mix of antiques and modern furnishings. Each room will have a 50-inch flat-screen Intelligent TV in it. There is a king-size bed in each bedroom. The kitchen is well supplied for those who choose to eat in.
The upstairs suite has the same lay out with 2 bedrooms and on bath. Including a updated kitchen. The bedrooms are set at either end of the apartment giving guest privacy for each other during their stay. The bathroom has just been completely remodeled and features a tub with shower and tiled floors. The furnishings include a mix of antiques and modern furnishings. There is a king size bed in each bedroom. The kitchen is well outfitted for those who choose to eat in.
Each unit has a private porch and a door that locks to the street giving you added safety on the porch.
You'll find luxury linens on every one of the King beds along with one pull-out couch. There are 4 king beds and 2 pull out couches. There is a dining table in both living rooms with seating for four people. Savor the abundance of natural light throughout the home and feel the breeze on the magnificent porches on both levels.
You will have access to the entire property. There is one owner closet located in the home.
There will be (2) parking spaces with this property.
The home is located in the heart of the beautiful and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Wildflower Pastry located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, book stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our property is run by a 5* hosting services company, Stay Duvet. The friendly team will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities for you at a discounted price, including but not limited to water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also supplied with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the best things to do and see. With Duvet it’s not just about the place to stay, it’s about the experience.
Walk to King Street-5 mins.
Walk to Eateries-5 mins.*
Walk to Salons/Spas-5 mins.
*Eateries within 3 blocks:
Ladles Soups (for Lunch)
Xiao Bao Biscuit
The property is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WIfi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation homes supply Charleston area area promotional guides which include money-saving deals, either offered individually by merchants, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the vendor itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Prefer to stay away from the crowds? Shoulder seasons offer incredible deals.
- Are you a military veteran? Several management companies provide discounts to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some rentals are basically catered to specific clients, whether it is soundside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. If there's a specific Charleston area activity you simply love, look for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Rental companies and individual home owners frequently offer their guests an opportunity to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed a result of medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be shocked to uncover just how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, vacationers are sure to find a rental home that meets their expectations and spending plan.
Vacation homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property owners typically select management companies to manage marketing and advertising, cleaning and repairs and maintenance.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most newcomers will be delighted to learn that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
Searching for and booking the perfect vacation property:
Do you think "King in Five by StayDuvet!" is the best vacation property for your next vacation? Read this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Charleston area rentals book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for groups to plan their Summer trips..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Consensus can often be tricky among close relatives, but as soon as this tricky part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
How Much Rental home Do You Actually Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the group. Most rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Are You Prepared to Spend?
Will the chosen rental fit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before reserving a costly rental property. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be responsible for the full reservation.
Make a List of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What amenities is your family looking for? Do you want a rental home with patio lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Will the unit have bikes and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "needs and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Special Issues to consider
Grandma and Grandpa will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make sure to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Take the Dog
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Make sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies typically have an exclusive selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the rental home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the property management company may know of very similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best potential for a reduced rate will be shifting to a less desirable week.
Study the Total Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular charge, guests must pay local taxes when renting "King in Five by StayDuvet!", along with various other fees that may be required based upon their circumstances, including an animal fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you must Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Vacation rental management companies and property owners typically offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Make sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. We also suggest immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any critical repairs.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents will be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a vacation significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental search sites allow travellers to offer feedback. If the property and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but honest with regards to rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did they love their rental? We hope this guide helped you find a great vacation home. If the rental home was not ideal, and you will better recognize how to refine your search next time.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.3 miles
- City Marina - 0.3 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 1.0 miles